• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

This thread will move slowly once I move, Yaco passes on to another life, and Chamber starts working over time. If Dream ever did his homework this thread would be dead outside of Poly and Heel.

Heel

Oh Heel, I object to Kenny KenFlo Florian being in the banner, he is never a topic of discussion and he's effectively retired as well.

Florian's choking and quest to make crackweight = banner worthy.

Also Heel, at this point I would easily rank Bellator above Strikeforce in regards to not only talent level but accessibility as well. We get Viacom-sanctioned lamps that are iPad and iPhone compatible for fuck's sake.

Strikeforce's champions would legit kill Bellator's. Plus they have the best women's division in MMA for what it's worth.

Bellator's divisions have way more depth though. Strikeforce has like 3 guys in every division who just have to keep fighting each other, or hope that Keith Jardine pays their weight class a visit.

Also, what champions? There is a women's 135, men's 155 and 185 champ. I know Lombard just left, but he'd legit kill Luke Boulderclench.

Heel

Bellator's divisions have way more depth though. Strikeforce has like 3 guys in every division who just have to keep fighting each other, or hope that Keith Jardine pays their weight class a visit.

Also, what champions? There is a women's 135, men's 155 and 185 champ. I know Lombard just left, but he'd legit kill Luke Boulderclench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Barnett or Cormier > Konrad
the whole division > M'Pumbu
Rockhold > Vacancy or Schlemenko
Marquardt > Askren
Gil > Chandler

No point to argue depth when anyone beyond the top few would not survive the Ultimate.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Bellator is more interesting than Strikeforce, I'll give it that. At least they have the tournament model that for all its flaws gives you interesting matchups and a decent carrot-and-stick for fighters and fans to follow. Strikeforce on the other hand has very little going on except the women's division. They need to reinvent themselves this year or just give up entirely.

But outside of crowning the King of Bad MMA, there's little point in deciding who is 2nd/3rd behind the Ultimate.

I think I am going to the theater for Money v. Cotto, so I will have to record the mixed martials.
ugh, waste of time.

Canelo vs Mosley is a squash match, Canelo will tool him harder than he did Cintron.

PBF will dance around Cotto and/or hug him and get a decision.

There, I just saved you time and money.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
This is a movement I can get behind. Jeff Bridges tha Gawd.

tumblr_lxc712OMFK1qg3mbz.gif

Quake1028

ugh, waste of time.

Canelo vs Mosley is a squash match, Canelo will tool him harder than he did Cintron.

PBF will dance around Cotto and/or hug him and get a decision.

There, I just saved you time and money.

You are 100% correct. However, I am more of a mark for boxing than even the mixed martials, so I must go. I have no choice :(.

By the time OT4 comes around Jones will have lost and Barnett will have become the UFC champ.
I forgot about Barnett. Revising my list.

265 Interim: Hunt (after Barnett beats JBJ but then pisses dirty)
205: Bader
185: BJ Penn
170: Nate Diaz
155: Aldo
145: Edgar
135: Cyborg Santos
135 Women: Honda
125: Florian

Heel

Barnett vs. JDS is the kind of match up the thread title was made for. That's the beauty of an MMA fight...one man must be exposed as the can they are and always have been.

Barnett vs. JDS is the kind of match up the thread title was made for. That's the beauty of an MMA fight...one man must be exposed as the can they are and always have been.
And then when the guy who wins is finally exposed later, we realize everyone they ever beat was a can!

Heel

And then when the guy who wins is finally exposed later, we realize everyone they ever beat was a can!

I always knew (JDS or Barnett) was overrated. Who has he actually beaten? Oh yeah, (fighter) that got beat by (fighter). Big deal.

The (JDS or Barnett) era has begun!

Heel

"I tried to do [Melendez vs. Penn], but it was at the time when B.J. was like, 'Yeah, I'm not fighting for a while,'" Uncle Dana told MMAjunkie.com

ilha94TxjBqrq.gif

"The thing that sucks for Gilbert and that's disappointing is that I was 100 percent fired up and gung ho to go over there and work on Strikeforce. The whole thing fell apart. I know he's bummed out about, and other people are, too, but it is what it is. It just didn't work out."

yacobod

Banned
I'm on the side of the The Dude, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Fuck Denzel

Top Bottom