• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Tak3n

Banned
you know, I get that Neo-Gaf (some members) have a issue with Cd Keys being allowed on here, but I paid £18.99 vs £49.99 on Steam, I would like to see anyone come up with a cognitive argument about why it would make even the smallest jot of sense to pay £50 over £19.. CDKeys is 60% cheaper FFS!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
you know, I get the Neo-Gaf (some members) have a issue with Cd Keys being allowed on here, but I paid £18.99 vs £49.99 on Steam, I would like to see anyone come up with a cognitive argument about why it would make even the smallest jot of sense to pay £50 over £19.. CDKeys is 60% cheaper FFS!
The question is the legitimacy of the keys. Particularly when publishers have no problem revoking entire sets of keys after the fact if they believe those keys have been stolen or sold under gray terms.

Nokterian

Got the game for free from a friend who had a voucher he was never a fan of rainbow or AC but i choose rainbow over AC anyway if anyone wanna add me on uplay you can. Ozgiliath is my nickname there.

Deband

Hope the game actually works. Had a lot of fun in the beta trying to play terrorist hunt. I can't believe the price they want for it on the UK though.

Tak3n

Banned
The question is the legitimacy of the keys. Particularly when publishers have no problem revoking entire sets of keys after the fact if they believe those keys have been stolen or sold under gray terms.

well on my code page, it is a scan from a physical product, and it says "codigo de ativacao"

Google tells me that is Spanish, so I am guessing my copy is from Brazil?

piccolo85

All depends where you are from. We don't have to dicuss stolen keys here, that is illegal. But where I am from the grey marked is not! A publisher has no righ to rvoke a key I bpught from another contry, wether they like it or not. A a consumer I have every right to benefit from globalisation!

King_Moc

Banned
All depends where you are from. We don't have to dicuss stolen keys here, that is illegal. But where I am from the grey marked is not! A publisher has no righ to rvoke a key I bpught from another contry, wether they like it or not. A a consumer I have every right to benefit from globalisation!

Indeed. Very odd that the prevailing opinion is that console games should be region free, but then so many pc gamers seem to resist the idea.

gossi

Xbox One woes.

oHjZQdg.png

jesu

Wait... can anyone confirm or deny this....

According to GameSpot (in this review in progress ) the PvP core multiplayer mode isn't available until you reach a certain rank that took the reviewer over 4 hrs of "tutorial missions" and terrorist hunt to unlock?

If so color me super annoyed. I just want to pick this up tomorrow and jump straight online into 5v5... if i cant and i'm forced to spend hours grinding terrorist hunt... going to be really pissed.

I can tell you that's not true, 5v5 is there from the beginning.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
How is this game if you're just playing with randoms?

gossi

Wait... can anyone confirm or deny this....

According to GameSpot (in this review in progress ) the PvP core multiplayer mode isn't available until you reach a certain rank that took the reviewer over 4 hrs of "tutorial missions" and terrorist hunt to unlock?

If so color me super annoyed. I just want to pick this up tomorrow and jump straight online into 5v5... if i cant and i'm forced to spend hours grinding terrorist hunt... going to be really pissed.

snowblind, this isn't true. I was able to leap almost straight into PVP (after the server woes!) with one exception - I had to watch the tutorials. You get 200 renown for each. That is enough to unlock multiplayer. You can also skip the videos and still get the renown, as long as you open them.

I guess they may mean ranked multiplayer?

piccolo85

Can anyone who alrady has the game please comment on progression. Do you earn renown in the same speed as in the open beta?! I am worried that they reduced the rate for the full version in order to force you to buy boosters...

King_Moc

Banned
Can anyone who alrady has the game please comment on progression. Do you earn renown in the same speed as in the open beta?! I am worried that they reduced the rate for the full version in order to force you to buy boosters...

I did 1 hour of the situations earlier and it was enough to unlock 4 operators and fully complete loadouts for 2 of them. So it seems like it's probably the same.

It's more Rainbow Six than Vegas was, for sure. Still a little dumbed down, but I think, in spirit, it's Rainbow Six. Most tense fun I've had in a while.

I wish I had recorded it, but we had a match as defenders where we just annihilated the attackers. It was 4v1 and we were nice and cocky, absolutely positive we had a win.

Then this Solid Snake motherfucker proceeds to do some guerrilla warfare shit. Almost all of us were defending the one objective at the upper floor, with many of our windows still barricaded. He used that to his advantage, blowing breaching charges to distract us while popping into other windows and taking us out.

He eventually cleared us all out :( It was terrifying.
This sounds amazing. video earlier in the thread also looked fun. If there was a singleplayer I would seriously consider picking this up. I already bought a MP ONLY game this winter though. :p Can't justify another one.

So found out i can get it today.
Before I pull the trigger I want updates people.
Is the MM inproved from the beta or is it as bad?

King_Moc

Banned
That's a relief, thank you!

To clarify further, I did 9 of the situations on normal difficulty, and had just under 4000 renown after. They give a few hundred for finishing, and also have 3 one off bonuses of 200 renown each for meeting certain objectives.

XBP

Currently playing the training missions on realistic. Want to get some renown + operators before I get into PVP.

jrolson

This game was doomed to FAIL from the start with Uplay...

Also heard there is still a 5GB download even if you install from a retail disk on PC.

Isnt that the point of buying the disk so you dont have to download the game?

Makikou

Also heard there is still a 5GB download even if you install from a retail disk on PC.

Junior Member pls. Fallout 4 shipped with 2-4gb or something on disc and you had to download the rest off Steam. So i dont really see why this is an Uplay centric issue now?

Played the game for an hour or 2 now. Really enjoying it.. High skill cap.. PC.

UPlay: Makikou

Roni

Gold Member

Not anymore... Gone are the days, friend, gone are the days. PC's the closest one can get of the promised digital only platform.

PS: Am I the only one seeing something wrong with this thread's title? "Sold", really?

King_Moc

Banned
Not anymore... Gone are the days, friend, gone are the days. PC's the closest one can get of the promised digital only platform.

PS: Am I the only one seeing something wrong with this thread's title? "Sold", really?

If you look for racism, you'll see it everywhere. The title is completely innocent and absolutely fine.

There's a 5gb update? Good to know. That'll be a fun 2 hour wait.

i played the "beta" aka demo a few days ago and completely hated the controls and how slow it is.

any different in the retail release?

SomTervo

So, is this a worthy Rainbow Six game?

Yes, IMO. It's swung a bit more to the Counter Strike end of the spectrum in terms of PVP, but it's definitely its own brand of Rainbow Six. The co-op modes feel properly sandbox R6.

you know, I get that Neo-Gaf (some members) have a issue with Cd Keys being allowed on here, but I paid £18.99 vs £49.99 on Steam, I would like to see anyone come up with a cognitive argument about why it would make even the smallest jot of sense to pay £50 over £19.. CDKeys is 60% cheaper FFS!

I've used them a lot, but there were a couple of big blow-outs in the last couple of years. One time it transpired that a lot of their keys were bought from fraudulent sources - eg organised crime, theft, phishing. We don't know whether the website know this or not. A lot of the keys might be legit - from genuine promotions in different countries and such.

I've never had a problem with them, but it's like buying a disc off a guy in a street. Maybe he's owned it for years and its legit. Maybe it's a very convincing pirate copy. Maybe he stole it from someone's house. You can't know. You may or may not be funding criminal activity, which is the worst thing possible - worse than pirating a game imo.

i played the "beta" aka demo a few days ago and completely hated the controls and how slow it is.

any different in the retail release?

That isn't going to change between Beta and Retail builds.

It's a slow tactical game. On PC the controls feel good and it's very responsive. Are you on console?

There is occasionally a bug where you move really slowly and can't sprint, happened to a friend of mine in the Beta on Saturday.

SomTervo

well on my code page, it is a scan from a physical product, and it says "codigo de ativacao"

Google tells me that is Spanish, so I am guessing my copy is from Brazil?

They speak Portuguese in Brazil.

Mine is the same, too btw. Spanish code.

oo7

Got this game being delivered by UPS today. Really confuswd because it says the package is 4.8 lbs. I've got a seperate shipment of WWE 2k16 being delivered abd its .22 lbs.

Thought maybe they screwed up and sent me a super deluxe edition with a statue or something but that doesn't exist for this game.

Guess we'll find out when UPS shows up today.

Really wish this had a swat 4 style single player . Planning , different scenarios, multiple ways to attack etc . Would definitely consider it more then a multiplayer only game .

Ah, I had no idea they tucked that info away in the Options menu. Why the hell would they have it there, and not where you select the game mode/difficulty level?

Regardless, thanks for the heads up!

Kinda' funny because some of the reviewers actually complained about there not being any matchmaking options.

If they have spent more than a few hours they might have found them!

Here's the quote from Gamesradar's review

http://www.gamesradar.com/rainbow-six-siege-review/ said:
That randomness sometimes goes too far as you’re prevented from picking a specific mode or map. Want a few rounds on your favourite stage? Too bad you don’t get a choice.

In my opinion, their review is also pretty disingenuous on the state of MT in the game

http://www.gamesradar.com/rainbow-six-siege-review/ said:
You can buy garish weapon skins, XP boosts, and operators with either cash or in-game credits. As an example of value, a three-day XP boost costs 350 credits, and an operator costs 1000 credits (each time you unlock an operator the price of the next one increases), and a pack of 1200 credits costs £7.99. Although you can earn credits through play, operators are expensive, and after ten hours I had only unlocked a quarter of them. On top of an optional £25 season pass giving access to new operators, maps, and skins coming over the next year, it feels a lot on top of a full-priced game.

Matches last a maximum of 25 minutes, but typically around 15. You gain an average of 400 points per match, and operators cost between 500 and 2000 per faction to unlock. If you had played the game for 10 hours, you should have earned close to 16,000 rainbow credits. Enough to unlock almost every operator.

Additionally, the season pass doesn't give access to new operators, maps, and skins. It gives early access to operators and skins, one week early access... gamesradar portray this as if Ubisoft are segregating the community with its season pass, when in fact, they are doing quite the opposite. Reviews are inherently subjective but I think we should be able to expect accurate reporting of the objectively observable components of a game. Apparently not.

Nokterian

Gaf? If anyone is playing on PC got login to Uplay and look at the main page..there giving away Rainbow Six Vegas for free who own Siege that is very nice.

I can tell you that's not true, 5v5 is there from the beginning.

snowblind, this isn't true. I was able to leap almost straight into PVP (after the server woes!) with one exception - I had to watch the tutorials. You get 200 renown for each. That is enough to unlock multiplayer. You can also skip the videos and still get the renown, as long as you open them.

I guess they may mean ranked multiplayer?

Thanks guys! Yeah, turns out they meant the "ranked" playlist... what many consider the "real" multiplayer with voting and all and the backout penalties. I always got MUCH better matches in ranked vs casual. Oh well... i'll be having fun either way.

Price: $60
Season Pass: $30

• 7-day exclusive access to 8 all-new Operators that you can instantly add to your roster
  • exclusive Season Pass Porter weapon skin
  • Safari Bundle of five weapons skins
  • 600 Rainbow Credits that can be used to purchase additional in-game content
  • 5% permanent Renown boost to speed up progression
  • 5 daily challenges instead of the standard 3 for more rewards
  • please don't buy the season pass

I really dislike the practice of multiplayer only games. Simply put without an internet connection this game won't work (poor servers hindering functionality regardless). The inclusion of single player warrants use of the game even in 50 years time when the servers are taken down for Rainbow 666 Plus - Storm the Dorm 5. Maybe this inclination is mine and mine alone, but I stand by it firmly. Put in a damn single payer for gods sake.

Now, $60 and $30 more for actual content?!?! 8 classes that you wont be able to access otherwise?

Please don't buy this game. Buy it in 6 months time for $15, or wait a year when the season pass won't be half the price of the entry fee.

Raytow

Now, $60 and $30 more for actual content?!?! 8 classes that you wont be able to access otherwise?

Please don't buy this game. Buy it in 6 months time for $15, or wait a year when the season pass won't be half the price of the entry fee.

Season pass is useless new operators are a week early access, not locked behind it.

SomTervo

Really wish this had a swat 4 style single player . Planning , different scenarios, multiple ways to attack etc . Would definitely consider it more then a multiplayer only game .

I definitely find Terrorist Hunt Classic like this. It works best co-op, but TH on Hard or Realistic is phenomenally strategic and focused.

The first thing I thought when I booted it up was "This feels like SWAT 5."

Matches last a maximum of 25 minutes, but typically around 15. You gain an average of 400 points per match, and operators cost between 500 and 2000 per faction to unlock. If you had played the game for 10 hours, you should have earned close to 16,000 rainbow credits. Enough to unlock almost every operator.

This is also ignoring the singleplayer 'situations' in the game, which each net you 400 renown even on Normal difficulty. You can unlock a lot just mainlining a few of those.

Deception

[/LIST]

I really dislike the practice of multiplayer only games. Simply put without an internet connection this game won't work (poor servers hindering functionality regardless). The inclusion of single player warrants use of the game even in 50 years time when the servers are taken down for Rainbow 666 Plus - Storm the Dorm 5. Maybe this inclination is mine and mine alone, but I stand by it firmly. Put in a damn single payer for gods sake.

The false completely misinformed outrage lol

King_Moc

Banned
[/LIST]

They only get the operators early. The season pass basically adds nothing but some weapon skins and a slight exp boost. But you can have 2 or 3 operators fully unlocked and equipped within an hour anyway, so why bother.

This is also ignoring the singleplayer 'situations' in the game, which each net you 400 renown even on Normal difficulty. You can unlock a lot just mainlining a few of those.

There's 7200 renown up for grabs across the situations for achieving the objectives too. 3 x 200 in each one for things like 'get two headshots'.

Top Bottom