• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Thief (4) screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

trw

I know some people may beg to differ but I would really like it if the character does indeed movies like a ninja. An expert thief would have to be fast and agile and not crawl like snail.
Imagine jumping up to the ceiling River Tam style or parkour across rooftops.

But don't turn me into a killer. Give me a knife for defense against rats and to use as a tool. I am not the dude from Dishonored.

I would rather have it be a Thief game since it's you know, a Thief game.

2San

Looks good. :D Looks like thief to me, though I never played it myself(my brother used to play it a bit).

Durante

Holy crap, if I read one more Dishonored comment I'm going to flip out. I thought this place was at least a little more knowledgable about games. This is Thief people. Reading about how this reminds them of Dishonored is a little like people saying that GTA reminds them of Saints Row.
20080112014716048.jpg

Replace Warcraft with Dishonored and Warhammer with Thief.

Holy crap, if I read one more Dishonored comment I'm going to flip out. I thought this place was at least a little more knowledgable about games. This is Thief people. Reading about how this reminds them of Dishonored is a little like people saying that GTA reminds them of Saints Row.

Can't wait for this.

I hear you but its been like 9 years since the last Thief game. Anyone under 25 would have been a kid when the last one came out.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The game does look like it was built around the constraints of current gen though.

Everything is a small box despite it being a large city, and you can't see too much of the city at any given time.

The assets within those small boxes have been improved, but the scope there is still small.

are we sure that it is "just" nextgen PS4Xbox3?

Nibel

looks like its made for current gen.

These can't be next gen shots.

Current gen? This will not do. No. Not at all.

looks good, but that's no "nextgen".

That doesnt look next gen.

Does not impress visually -____-

wow if those are Xbox 720 screens. looks like current gen.

Dat next gen... I don't see it

Has to be cross gen right?

It looks ok, but not 'next-gen' too me.

This doesn't look next-gen at all. Screw you Game Informer.

IT JUST LOOKS SO THIS GEN.

its looks pretty bad. I'm lik eww at the screens.

I hope those are current-gen screenshots, because if those are next-gen screenshots (or even PC) then that is disappointing.

iO6m0xRBTNXxw.gif

Today is an embarassing day for GAF, Next-gen experts all over the place man

Part of the thief 4 team was at the IGDA meeting in montreal during Raphael Colantonio(Co-creative director on Dishonored) 's speech where he showed off Dishonored. Don't worry, the team is well aware of the connection. :)

Durante

The game does look like it was built around the constraints of current gen though.

Everything is a small box despite it being a large city, and you can't see too much of the city at any given time.

The assets within those small boxes have been improved, but the scope there is still small.
This could well be the case, it's hard to tell scope from screenshots. I'm just saying that the shots as displayed are most likely not from gameplay on either PS3 or Xbox360 (or Wii U for that matter).

It looks pretty good to me. It is not as if I expect every game on next gen to look like Shadow Fall or Watch Dogs. I mean there were games released near launch on PS3, cough Untold Legends cough, which didn't look a big leap at all. Not that I am comparing this to Untold Legends, just that not all games for next gen systems are going to blow people away visually

Images are too small/compressed. It looks next-gen or cross-gen, but I'm sure at 1080p it would look a lot better. The detail in the distance looks great on that shot with the tower in the distance.

At least if everyone is forced to not kill or kill minimally then maybe the level design won't be as butchered as it was in Dishonored. The advantage of building a game around stealth and only stealth.

I think blackjack to the cranium should be a nice compromise.
Also, guard corners you and takes a swing, you bring out your knife to deflect his attack and run away. Hide inside the cardboard box while the ALERT timer ticks down...

Also, looks like a reboot. Really wanted to play as the girl introduced in DS.

Amey

Seems they waited too long. This game is now redundant as Assassins Creed and Dishonored exists already.

Derrick01

Banned

Can't wait for this.

It makes me cringe too :lol

People need a history lesson now more than ever.

pargonta

"altered vision mode" confirmed in one of those screens...

items and drawers and such highlighted blue... was that in past thiefs?
or is that a continuing system of modern design, (tomb raider, last of us, dishonored)

Reknoc

Looks good, want to seem some footage though, make sure it's still Thief.

or is that a continuing system of modern design, (tomb raider, last of us)

Deadly Shadows did this, but it was optional.

Seems they waited too long. This game is now redundant as Assassins Creed and Dishonored exists already.

what.

owasog

The architecture and lighting is pretty much the same as in Deadly Shadows. With a hint of Dishonored mixed in.

I miss the dark alleys of the first two games. They were less detailed, but fit the mood of the game more IMHO.

Hindle

Banned
We should get a CG trailer soon, If it's the same quality as the one they did for Deus Ex then I can't bloody wait.

Derrick01

Banned

or is that a continuing system of modern design, (tomb raider, last of us, dishonored)

Considering this is from the same studio (not team though) as Deus Ex HR I'm sure they understand the importance of offering an option to turn off object highlighting :p

Wow at reading some the posts in this thread.

PSA: Think before you posts. I mean really think. Think about what you are saying. Impulse posting is not always the way to go.

Hargenx

I'm the only one who played Thief like a fucking assassin?! LOL

I love trick the idiots guards with the water arrow...=P

Hope the UI is minimal, I love the minimal Thief UI!

Beckx

Couple of thoughts that occurred in quick succession:

I'm really happy to see this game.

and

If those are 720 screenshots the console makers have a real marketing challenge in front of them.

Raven77

It's more like game that was worked on for current gen consoles for ~4 years was recently switched over to next gen. You weren't expecting them to scrap the whole game and re-do it entirely for next gen consoles were you?

Obviously not, but your making a huge asspumption there in that this game has been in development since 2008-2009 (unless you have confirmed info i'm not aware of...).

AJ_Wings

or is that a continuing system of modern design, (tomb raider, last of us)

Item glint was definitely in Thief 3 if I remember correctly. Although honestly speaking I actually wouldn't mind because I thought I was gonna have the same problem with DX:HR but the environments were so detailed compared to previous games that it was actually confusing for me to tell which objects or items are interactive and which or not. Also I appreciated the option of turning highlighting off.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Obviously not, but your making a huge asspumption there in that this game has been in development since 2008-2009 (unless you have confirmed info i'm not aware of...).

Its been known that its in production for years now yeah. I don't know if we knew it was in development though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom