• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind |OT| Why walk when you can ride?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm cool with non-GAFers being let in if everyone else is. I figure if a GAFer vouches for 'em, then why not? :)

I know I haven't actually PLAYED with anyone in our guild yet, but I certainly don't mind expanding the guild outside GAF either. I met some great people playing Destiny over the years that were introduced to me by GAFfers I didn't personally know but happened to be playing the game with at the time.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't understand what it takes to be decent at PVP in this game. I checked out Cyrodiil to get some extra skill points and got totaled in an instant several times whenever I encountered another player. All my stat recoveries feel lower too, as well as my damage and healing capabilities.

I don't understand what it takes to be decent at PVP in this game. I checked out Cyrodiil to get some extra skill points and got totaled in an instant several times whenever I encountered another player. All my stat recoveries feel lower too, as well as my damage and healing capabilities.
Be mindful of the campaign you're joining. If you're under 50, join the non-vet campaign.

YouTube and Reddit have some really good Cyrodiil guides. The place can be very unwelcoming initially but jointing together with zergs (use chat) is a great way to at least get some footing.

BizzyBum

The worst part about taking a break and then coming back to an expansion is having to redo your entire obsolete build. lol

Redshirt

Banned
Is a two handed sword Dragonknight tank viable? Or do I need to go sword/shield? :|

2H DK is very viable. DKs usually tank in PvE end game, but for most content, 2H with bow, dw or s&b is fine. 2H DK is a beast in PvP as well.

2H/S&B is pretty popular right now since it transitions really well between a lot of different parts of the game.

FakeEdit: Misread your post. 2H probably won't cut it for "tanking" in any challenging scenario.

2H DK is very viable. DKs usually tank in PvE end game, but for most content, 2H with bow, dw or s&b is fine. 2H DK is a beast in PvP as well.

2H/S&B is pretty popular right now since it transitions really well between a lot of different parts of the game.

FakeEdit: Misread your post. 2H probably won't cut it for "tanking" in any challenging scenario.

Lol man, 85% of your post filled me with hope!

So the most viable tank is Sword & shield?

stn

Can I do the final main quest mission without doing all the Coldharbor quests? I have two more missions to go!

Can I do the final main quest mission without doing all the Coldharbor quests? I have two more missions to go!

All you need to do in coldharbour is
save the king to the west and the Mage to the east.
I don't recall the exact areas but you can look it up. Saving other people will give you bonuses in last mission.

Edit this is assuming you met the groundskeeper already.

stn

All you need to do in coldharbour is
save the king to the west and the Mage to the east.
I don't recall the exact areas but you can look it up. Saving other people will give you bonuses in last mission.

Edit this is assuming you met the groundskeeper already.
Do you remember where you start the Coldharbour missions? Honestly, its my fault for being so confused. I bought this game on launch day, started it up for an hour, and then set it aside until now. Also, is there a way to find those blue zones where the chains come down from the sky and enemies spawn? I gathered those are like "events" akin to Destiny, but I always seem to miss them as I'm running around randomly in the world.

As you can tell, I have no clue what I'm doing (lol).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
speaking of coldharbour, I kinda hate how screwy the mats are when you reach champion, since suddenly you will go with your universal champion levelm suddenly you'll have 3-4 different materials

Do you remember where you start the Coldharbour missions? Honestly, its my fault for being so confused. I bought this game on launch day, started it up for an hour, and then set it aside until now. Also, is there a way to find those blue zones where the chains come down from the sky and enemies spawn? I gathered those are like "events" akin to Destiny, but I always seem to miss them as I'm running around randomly in the world.

main coldharbour stuff are mage and king, then the chasm (with a choice of getting vampire allies or not), then straight to coldharbour

sidequests are (in the mage area) the alchemist soulmend, the portal openers, one of the three alliance baddies, (in king's area) lost argonian gang, lost expedition gang, elves or lamia (required to reach king's area), and stibbons (required for later quest), then there's a mine prison that you could miss because no main quest goes through it, then after chasm but before the final dungeon there are two sidequests - the pirate ship and the illusion manor (I dunno if stibbons is required here, but the way it plays out feels like you need stibbons rescued first)

you could skip them and do them later of course, but then you won't get the aid for the main story, and there's the fact that you need to rescue a certain number of people before hollow city becomes functional

You should have a quest already that tells you to find the two people, one being east and the other west. That mission starts when you talk to the groundskeeper right outside the entrance to the city in CH.

The chains you're referring to are "dolmens" and they are on a timer like destiny events. If you look at your map, the icon for them looks like a jagged circle. The dolmens are static and always spawn in the same spot. Generally, the timer on them isn't too long if you want to camp one (around 5-10m). If you want to see where they are in your zone, just google a dolmen map for the zone.

Redshirt

Banned
Dolmens are linked rather than timed.

Only one in an area is active. As soon as it falls, the next in the chain spawns. Molag Bal actually alludes to this during his rants.

Being predictable is what allows for dolmen trains in a lot of areas.

Lol man, 85% of your post filled me with hope!

So the most viable tank is Sword & shield?

Yes. DK with a shield is the best tanking in the game.

dubq

I know I haven't actually PLAYED with anyone in our guild yet, but I certainly don't mind expanding the guild outside GAF either. I met some great people playing Destiny over the years that were introduced to me by GAFfers I didn't personally know but happened to be playing the game with at the time.

Same here. Most of the people on my friends list now are secondary party members that I met through GAF parties in either Destiny or other MP games. :)

Maybesew

What time do most people play on PS4? I'm in california, and usually play in the evenings. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone else online with me, and do people use voice chat in the guild?

dubq

What time do most people play on PS4? I'm in california, and usually play in the evenings. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone else online with me, and do people use voice chat in the guild?

I primarily only use voice when in a group/dungeon. Outside of that there are just too many people to compete with when talking, it gets insane. GAF guild might be a bit better, though, as it's a smaller number of people.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Anyone else find playing this and Destiny in tandem to be the perfect mix of gaming?

I get sweaty in trials, then come and relax in ESO questing, then get sweaty in BG, then go relax in patrols and casual Nightfalls.

Like my gaming Yin and Yang lol.

Anyone else find playing this and Destiny in tandem to be the perfect mix of gaming?

I get sweaty in trials, then come and relax in ESO questing, then get sweaty in BG, then go relax in patrols and casual Nightfalls.

Like my gaming Yin and Yang lol.

Actually been switching between ESO and Overwatch lol

BizzyBum

I'm in the same boat, just started playing after getting the gold version (for the DLC) & Morrowind. Any good guides on getting started with the game? What should I be looking to buy in the crown store (if anything)?

You don't need to purchase anything in the crown store, but if you're inclined the best stuff to purchase when starting up would be a mount (or just save 10K gold and buy a standard horse at any stable), bag / bank upgrades, mount training books (stamina is not important, worry about speed and carry weight first) and ESO+ for the crafting bag.

fenners

Is the crafting bag unlocked if you buy just one month of ESO+ - kinda like being a 'preferred player' with SWTOR where any cash purchase unlocked stuff, or do you need to be a re-occuring subscriber?

Is the crafting bag unlocked if you buy just one month of ESO+ - kinda like being a 'preferred player' with SWTOR where any cash purchase unlocked stuff, or do you need to be a re-occuring subscriber?

Nope. When your ESO+ ends you won't be able to deposit materials in your crafting bag anymore. Everything you deposited in your crafting bag stays there until you take it out though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So regardless of crafting level, the final one is always in Craglorn then? Even if I go up to level 10 in blacksmithing etc.?

My CP 120 is struggling so much in the same group dungeons other lvl 10s are breezing through. God I hate this inverted progression curve.

BizzyBum

ESO Morrowind or original Morrowind?

PS. Is the traditional Morrowind theme in ESO Morrowind?

No, which is bullshit. They do have remixed versions of some classic tunes though but it's not enough. Still, the ESO Morrowind soundtrack is very good. All the music in ESO is. I just wish they used more of the classic soundtrack when playing the game.

Wollan

A trailer featuring original Morrowind theme would heightens sales I would think. It's a classic. Weird omission.

BizzyBum

A trailer featuring original Morrowind theme would heightens sales I would think. It's a classic. Weird omission.

Well, the initial CG trailer did drop a remixed version of it at the very end, but that's it. AFAIK the tune doesn't play at all when playing the game.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

Not sure I'd call it an omission...they did an amazing version of it (the influence is there throughout) in the new title song, and it does have the original pretty much at the end. If they played the straight original I personally would have thought it lazy and slightly nostalgia baiting a bit.

Either way, the soundtrack is phenom as always lately: the OST is on Spotify now, the Soule tracks are probably the best, but the whole thing is great.

Neverfade

Any sales going on for this right now? Have nothing, need base + morrowind (and DLCs) and looking to do it as cheaply as possible.

Edit; For PC. I'm gonna want those mods I think.

sensui-tomo

Any sales going on for this right now? Have nothing, need base + morrowind (and DLCs) and looking to do it as cheaply as possible.

Edit; For PC. I'm gonna want those mods I think.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind-pc-cd-key
use coupon code " TESCDKEYS7 " to make the game $ 22.22
remember cdkeys is legit, g2a isnt. This gets you the base game + morrowind (you wont have any of the other dlcs unless you buy the gold edition or get a eso suscription.
btw its not a steam code but a code you use on the eso website to redeem the game.

FGMPR

Banned
I'm still kind of amazed at how frequently these guys are able to pump out meaty, fully voiced and, at least as far as morrowind goes, well written quests. The level of content for a solo player in this game is... freakish. Its a stark contrast to the many mmo's of the past which would often start with a bang, only to quickly fall off a cliff due to a lack of content.

I also think consoles have been amazing for this game and have kind of done wonders for the mmo genre, considering we have a modern, successful sub based mmo in FF 14 along with tESO.

Top Bottom