• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind |OT| Why walk when you can ride?

So how is this game doing? I never hear anything about it anymore. I guess I should just read through this thread lol. My friend and I are considering jumping in, I've never played an MMO tho.. but i really enjoyed past elder scrolls games.

I forgot about it until I had to do the review, but I was pleasantly surprised by the post-One Tamriel version of ESO and revisiting Morrowind was great.

Not sure how it's doing but it's a one time fee and me and a friend jumped in on it and we both think it feels like playing other ES games but with other people around. It doesn't feel like most other MMOs in that sense.

Wow. Where do you find the time? You play everything.

Wait, if Morrowind just came out yesterday, why were there already wardens playing this June 3rd?

There was an early access period for the expansion.

Kalentan

Waiting a day or so before I continue with Morrowind.

I love seeing other players but I didn't realize how packed the zone was going to be. xD

Hellers

I already have an Orc that's like level 5 or something from the base game.
Is there any way to take him to Morrowind or do I have to create a new character?

I'm practically a new player to ESO but I guess that's obvious :)

Go into your collections/stories/Morrowind and active the quest. Go into your journal and select open in map from that quest. You'll be pointing at the first Wayshrine in Morrowind. Spend a small amount of money to fast travel to it.

styl3s

Is Warden a good pick for DPS? I just got the game so i don't know much but i see he can summon pets and as someone who mostly mains rogues/thieves and hunters i really wanna start out with a hunter like class first then dive into the thief/rogue type class.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What's the fast way to build up alchemy? it's slow compared to Enchanting, and I've already researched all traits.

I remember people saying to do the imp stool + wormwood combo, but apparently it doesn't work anymore

Tecnniqe

Banned
Wow. Where do you find the time? You play everything.
Heh, I wish I had more time but it'll be less going forward. I've been lucky to have played games work related outside of my other job so that helps me getting around, also having friends who constantly ask about playing things tends to make me jump on most.

But seeming as how much time I've spent recently on work and games it'll be refreshing to cut down on both for my own and relationships good and ESO is a nice game for that. It's an MMO but yet I feel more comfortable just listening to the story and collecting new gear pieces taking my time an hour here or there than rushing to max level for the end game.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Anyone able to suggest a good guild for NA/Ebonheart Pact/PC?

The old GAF guild is DOA by the looks, I was the only one on the other day lol....

gioGAF

What's the fast way to build up alchemy? it's slow compared to Enchanting, and I've already researched all traits.

I remember people saying to do the imp stool + wormwood combo, but apparently it doesn't work anymore
Just make potions or poisons with any 2 items (solvent + ingredient + ingredient). The important thing is to use the highest level solvent you are able to use (this is what determines how much xp you get for crafting the potion/poison).

You have to level up "Solvent Proficiency" whenever it is available and then move on to next tier of solvent. Alchemy is actually far easier than Enchanting to level up.

Seijuro

Thinking about picking up the Gold edition of the base game since it's quite cheap in the Days of Play sale.

How is the experience for people without the Morrowind expansion pack? Still enough people doing the old content? Since from what I gather you basically can go anywhere because of level sync I fear that everyone will go straight for the Morrowind content?

Thinking about picking up the Gold edition of the base game since it's quite cheap in the Days of Play sale.

How is the experience for people without the Morrowind expansion pack? Still enough people doing the old content? Since from what I gather you basically can go anywhere because of level sync I fear that everyone will go straight for the Morrowind content?

Tons. You will easily have 50-100 hours without Morrowind (probably more).

jiiikoo

Banned
I got a quick question, if I buy the Morrowind Collectors Edition (NOT the upgrade), do I get all the other DLC's that have come out, ie. thieves guild and such? I'm talking about the PS4 edition, if that matters at all.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
If there is one piece of advice I could give to new players, grab the ESO+ sub if for nothing else than the craft bag....it's amazing.

Boss Doggie

Just make potions or poisons with any 2 items (solvent + ingredient + ingredient). The important thing is to use the highest level solvent you are able to use (this is what determines how much xp you get for crafting the potion/poison).

You have to level up "Solvent Proficiency" whenever it is available and then move on to next tier of solvent. Alchemy is actually far easier than Enchanting to level up.

having three ingredients or more effects won't boost it up further? also I tend to level up only when I move to the new map, to accommodate writs

also I was told poisons is better

speaking of which I never do provisioning writs since it's a hassle

I got a quick question, if I buy the Morrowind Collectors Edition (NOT the upgrade), do I get all the other DLC's that have come out, ie. thieves guild and such? I'm talking about the PS4 edition, if that matters at all.

You do not. The standard Morrowind comes with just the base game. You can either sub to get all the DLC, or pay for the 4-DLC pack in the crown store ($40).

The alternative is to buy the Gold Edition which will come with the base game plus all 4-DLC (I believe still $30 at Target), but you will then need to purchase the Morrowind upgrade ($40)

Boss Doggie

You do not. The standard Morrowind comes with just the base game. You can either sub to get all the DLC, or pay for the 4-DLC pack in the crown store ($40).

The alternative is to buy the Gold Edition which will come with the base game plus all 4-DLC (I believe still $30 at Target), but you will then need to purchase the Morrowind upgrade ($40)

you won't have the argonian DLC

Feeroper

You could get the CE and get a monthly sub to get the crowns that come with it and then use those crowns to buy the missing dlc- the 4 pack saves you a bit and the other one is only 1,500 crowns. You don't need to maintain a sub after that but there are some benefits you can check out if you do it that way.

Rizzi

I always thought ESO was an interesting idea but every time I tried to play it I found it horribly laggy. Shame really, but I guess that's just the logistics of not having Oceanic servers.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I always thought ESO was an interesting idea but every time I tried to play it I found it horribly laggy. Shame really, but I guess that's just the logistics of not having Oceanic servers.

I'm playing in NZ and to be honest, I don't find the lag bad at all on NA.

Connection to server is always stable as, think NZ ping is slightly better to NA than Aus, but not by much really, shouldnt be too different I would have thought.

pots555

I love the game but their is a lot to take in. I know I must have overlooked something, but I thought you get a bear companion with Morrowind. If so, I have no idea where to look to activate it. Can someone help please? Thanks in advance!

PepperedHam

I love the game but their is a lot to take in. I know I must have overlooked something, but I thought you get a bear companion with Morrowind. If so, I have no idea where to look to activate it. Can someone help please? Thanks in advance!
The bear companion is a class ability for the new Warden class, unlocked when their Animal Companion skilline reaches level 12.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Connection to servers has sucked for me lately. I bought a Nighthawk router and I get around 50mbps from all my speed tests.

It sucks because I'll be playing for 10-15minutes and it'll just have an error.

Granted I am using my Vita to play remotely while my wife plays on the console. This shouldn't happen in my mind. I ran Fing and I didn't see too many devices causing interference. My phone never drops a signal.

Anyone else have a terrible time? Movies and shows stream just fine. I've never had such a terrible time with servers in a game.

Chumley

Banned
I bought this at $25 and tried to get into it but I can't. I love TES for atmosphere and immersion and this doesn't have that. The graphics are actually pretty good and it looks like a legit Morrowind remake but the MMO-ness of the experience just takes me out of it.

Redshirt

Banned
Is Warden a good pick for DPS? I just got the game so i don't know much but i see he can summon pets and as someone who mostly mains rogues/thieves and hunters i really wanna start out with a hunter like class first then dive into the thief/rogue type class.

Yes. Stamina Wardens are top shelf for PvP right now due to their burst damage and quite good for PvE until trials, which is where all stamina classes usually come up a bit short.

Magicka wardens are mediocre. If you want magicka, go with magicka Nightblade, which are beastly for PvE and PvP and give you the thief/rogue play style you like as well.

Obviously, Vvardenfell is the most crowded, but the other zones are very active. I've been skill point hunting with my Warden post-Morrowind, and I've rarely been in a delve or public dungeon alone.

Blade25

I've had ESO since 2015 but I never really got into it. I just bought the Morrowind expansion and started over as a Warden. Are the previous DLC a necessity for end game content? Am I missing out on much if I don't get them? I'm not sure if I should purchase them or not.

Kemal86

I'm having quite a bit of fun in Morrowind with my Warden - I say this as someone who didn't get past level 15 of the base game. Thinking I'll try to stretch out my Morrowind adventure by doing some of the other DLC content in-between trips to Morrowind.

I appreciate that Morrowind is notably better looking than some of the older areas of the game. My first character started on Bleakrock Isle and then moved on to adventure in Stonefalls...those were some bland looking areas.

Redshirt

Banned
I've had ESO since 2015 but I never really got into it. I just bought the Morrowind expansion and started over as a Warden. Are the previous DLC a necessity for end game content? Am I missing out on much if I don't get them? I'm not sure if I should purchase them or not.

For PvP endgame, you'll probably want Imperial City because it's a cool PvP area.

For PvE endgame, you'll probably want Orsinium, which has a very good campaign and features Maelstrom Arena, a single-player trial, and Shadows of the Hist and Imperial City because they include some of the most difficult dungeons in the game. Also, if you get into trials, The Maw of Lorkhaj is included in The Thieves' Guild.

If you do get into endgame, it's worth considering the sub since it includes all DLC except Morrowind.

I see I have the option to add the Morrowind upgrade to ESO for $39.99. Is that the best way to go? Anyone expecting any deal announcements with E3 being this week?

Maybesew

Any suggestions on warden builds? I jsut started this morning and only put 1 point into the dive spell and saving the rest until i know more about the class

Any suggestions on warden builds? I jsut started this morning and only put 1 point into the dive spell and saving the rest until i know more about the class

They're pretty versatile, so depends what you want to generally do: Heal, DPS, Tank.

Deltia is not the bible of builds, but he's a good resource. Here's an example of his Warden healer build: http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-warden-healer/

Lastly, DLC is announced! Not sure if needed new thread.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/Q4u...unced?utm_medium=bitly&utm_source=SocialMedia

the Horns of the Reach DLC and the Clockwork City DLC were both teased, giving players just a quick glimpse into the future of ESO. Horns of the Reach will be coming in August and Clockwork City will follow later this year.

Horns of the Reach will introduce two new dungeons (Bloodroot Forge and Falkreath Hold), and is packed full of excitement to keep your adventure rolling. This DLC pack will also include new items, monster masks and achievements. You'll be able to grab Horns of the Reach via the in-game Crown Store.

Explore even more of Sotha Sil's Clockwork City in this major new DLC game pack coming to ESO. Daedric forces are at work once again – and your help is needed to prevent disaster. With more than 10 hours of fresh content, Clockwork City will keep you busy later this year – and will have a few surprises in store

Top Bottom