• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhh, that Crash remaster is looking pretty fucking good.

rjc571

Banned
You should probably drop the "60FPS or die" mentality sometime though. You'll enjoy games more.

There you go again not understanding that different people have different standards for certain aspects than you do. If I could tolerate playing platformers at 30 fps with bad motion blur then I wouldn't be here voicing my displeasure

How many games are released at 320x240 these days vs how many games are released at 30fps these days

Every 3DS game is 400x240, doesn't bother me at all as long as they run at 60 fps

Lynd7

I believe modern autosaving has been added across the board, in addition to manual saving from the level select areas.

I'm not sure what you mean about breaking all the boxes; the only progress-related box-breaking is hitting the checkpoint crates while inside levels.

I dunno, I saw up before me people were talking about breaking all the boxes.. Probably should have read it closer.

Trace

Banned
There you go again not understanding that different people have different standards for certain aspects than you do. If I could tolerate playing platformers at 30 fps with bad motion blur then I wouldn't be here voicing my displeasure

Every 3DS game is 400x240, doesn't bother me at all as long as they run at 60 fps

"Tolerate" lol. Between this + you shitting on Ratchet you obviously don't care for the quality of the game in some sort of 60 fps crusade. Not sure why you bother playing console games when the majority of console games are "blurry mush" to you.

I think it looks rad? Wasn't the original game also 30fps or lower? I don't know why they could not hit 60 fps, but it's not a deal breaker.

big_z

Do you really think most people in this thread haven't played any other platformers in their life besides Crash since the PS1 days? I'd bet most gaffers who are interested in this Crash remaster are actually fans of platformers like Mario, DKC etc

The shitposting in Crash thread from old N64 console warriors and the like is pretty humorous I must say.

i don't like crash, they're bad games but if you like crash that's okay.

cheer up.

8uHJyka.jpg

J@hranimo

Banned
This thread though...I guess no mods are awake at this hour.

I like the way the N'Sane Trilogy looks. It plays very well too, played a demo at Best Buy over a month ago. I think it's a must buy for anyone that remotely likes these games.

Hektor

So how does saving work in this game? I never really played the originals, but having to break all the boxes to save sounds dumb.

In CB2 and 3 you just walked to a save point and saved. In CB1 you needed to collect three items to unlock a bonus level and after beating that level you could save. If you died in the bonus level, well too fucken bad son.

They apparently fixed the saving in CB1 with auto saves

joe_zazen

It spiraled out of control quickly :p

Oh I agree. I just disagree with seeing people disregarding/shitting on games in a thread that's dedicated to people enjoying how it looks.

It's like, just save it for another thread instead of rehashing the same arguments in every single thread regarding the game.

I don't know. I just don't understand how people can do it over and over no matter the context of the thread.

Because they are trying to change the world I guess.

The remaster looks amazing! I'm very interested in how the games play on ps4. Bought Crash 2 and 3 a while ago for Vita and although they were still a blast to play, the input lag and floaty controls ( compared to games nowadays ) made the games very hard to play. Hope that there is not input lag and Crash has tight and responsive controls.

So what are everyone's favourite Crash 1, 2 and 3 tunes? I have to go with the "Sewer or Later" music, and the final boss theme from Crash 3.

jimboton

Crash doesn't "need" 60fps any more than any other game. The game played great at 30 and the remaster will play even better. Sorry if that's not for you, you're free to spend your money elsewhere.

'Great' lol no. It played adequately for the early 3d era it's the product of.

Sorry you're unable to process the simple fact that a remake of 20-ish year old games on current hardware should have meant an improvement of temporal resolution as well as spatial resolution in order to deserve anything near a 'pretty fucking good' reaction from anyone not blinded by nostalgia.

AlanOC91

Sorry you're unable to process the simple fact that a remake of 20-ish year old games on current hardware should have meant an improvement of temporal resolution as well as spatial resolution in order to deserve anything near a 'pretty fucking good' reaction from anyone not blinded by nostalgia.

So we shouldn't be allowed to enjoy this? It'll mean we are blinded by nostalgia? lol.

Do you ever just have fun? Come on man. You're getting pretty heavy about this. It's......N.Sane ;)

joe_zazen

The remaster looks amazing! I'm very interested in how the games play on ps4. Bought Crash 2 and 3 a while ago for Vita and although they were still a blast to play, the input lag and floaty controls ( compared to games nowadays ) made the games very hard to play. Hope that there is not input lag and Crash has tight and responsive controls.

lm not sure if that is possible with LCD screens which can have 30-150ms of lag. l dont actually know how platformer designers account for that. Maybe that is why platformers aren't as popular post wired controller + CRT.

NEO0MJ

I think there's nothing wrong with voicing displeasure at the game running 30 FPS, especially since it doesn't look that mind blowing.

Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity are 60fps and it feels as weird as fuck playing a Crash game that way. In my opinion. I'll enjoy it either way.

PaulloDEC

And we're sorry that you're unable to process that your framerate evangelism is not universal.

A game can be "pretty fucking good" at 30fps, 60fps, 120fps or any other framerate. I personally think most games look better at 60fps, but I'm not so arrogant as to claim that my opinion is gospel.

joe_zazen

as my alzheimer' s ridden grandpa used to say, 'who the fuck are you?'

SgtCobra

I can understand someone preferring 60fps as it is the superior choice but you're overreacting hard. People are not allowed to think a game looks good because it does not meet YOUR standards? Get the hell out with that superiority complex of yours.

jimboton

So we shouldn't be allowed to enjoy this? It'll mean we are blinded by nostalgia? lol.

Do you ever just have fun? Come on man. You're getting pretty heavy about this. It's......N.Sane ;)

Dude... who's saying what you can or can't enjoy? Seriously.. it's totally looking that some people here have their enjoyment diminished when the rest of the world doesn't agree that this is the best Crash remake that could ever be, and possibly the greatest remake ever made.

Harmen

NO

A remake is a new game, a remaster is an old game. These are the old games.

They remade the assets from scratch. What does the word remake mean to you in a literal sense? To me, if they remade all the elements, I'll call it a remake, despite the game clinging to the originals designs.

AlanOC91

Dude... who's saying what you can or can't enjoy? Seriously.. it's totally looking that some people here have their enjoyment diminished when the rest of the world doesn't agree that this is the best Crash remake that could ever be, and possibly the greatest remake ever made.

Then why bring all this up in a thread discussing how good the game looks? Just save it for another thread? Does it all have to be brought up in every Crash thread?

There comes a point where you have to ask yourself, does this need to be posted again?

As you're not the arbiter for what constitutes an acceptable remake, I think I'll process that "fact" and file it away under "opinion".

HeeHo

Wow, I am pleasantly surprised by this. It looks really good to me. I thought it was only going to be a remaster of the first game for some reason. I never bothered to look up the official name of the game.

But yeah. I can't wait to play all 3 of them like this. I have probably only gotten through the first half of the original crash so I'm pretty excited this is only $40 for all 3.

Nev

Banned
Also Crash was never good.

Thanks for your worthless shitpost.

Anyways, graphically it looks dull and lacks the charm of the cartoony and colorful original. For the budget they probably have it's okay I guess, but it's hardly "pretty fucking good". At least they seem to have nailed the gameplay, which is more important.

Pretty disgusting of them to have the ad run at 60 fps when the game is locked at fucking 30 fps though. The fact that this game isn't 60 is absolutely ridiculous. The PS4 can totally run this at 60fps, there's no excuse whatsoever. I don't care if it's not shitty 4K, "fur K" or whatever garbage they come up with, I'd rather have better gameplay than some stupid pixels.

jimboton

I can understand someone preferring 60fps as it is the superior choice but you're overreacting hard. People are not allowed to think a game looks good because it does not meet YOUR standards? Get the hell out with that superiority complex of yours.

People are allowed to think what they will, as do I. You don't like how I choose to express my opinion? Should I give a fuck about that?

No. But I am huffing glue.

I see. It kind of shows too..

I wish Crash well and the developers behind this game have been putting a huge amount of care into the project. The team has put their own mark on the visuals of the game and it seems to rub some the wrong way, but that happens when you take the risk of altering anything that is revered in this franchise.

I'm a little surprised at how Crash seems to be getting the Sonic the Hedgehog treatment here in this thread.

If they really wanted to change the style in these games i would've liked to see Vicarious Visions go with this "reimaginging"
poster.jpg

Majmun

Bought the Crash collection for my Vita a few years back. But I haven't replayed them yet.

Guess I'm playing this instead. Looks great.

I hope they'll remake CTR next.

I'm optimistic that this will make Crash 3 enjoyable for me. I love Crash 1 and 2 (especially 2), but really didn't care for 3, as it contained too many gimmicky stages that have aged absolutely terribly and play/look like shit (like the jetski and motorbike levels). If this remaster can make those levels fun, I'm looking forward to finally beating Crash 3.

Top Bottom