• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adventure Time: The Final Seasons |OT| The Fullmetal Optimist

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Damn, didn't know this was back and i've been watching a bit of CN every day (was watching yesterday at 5:30-ish while working out and didn't see an ad for it). Good going, Cartoon Network.

Timeslot's a bit tricky for me, but will be straight-impossible during the week of the Steven Bomb if i want to catch that too.

And they've been advertising Steven Bomb, not a lick of ads for Adventure Time S8.
The advertising has been absolutely awful. Even when they were showing it, during commercials they were saying to stay tuned for "another new episode of 'We Bare Bears'". Insanity.

Psxphile

Typical Jake making it all about him. And such casual lewdness.

"The swan! That's where the pups came from!"

I see a certain someone hasn't forgotten about Finn's "flute", either.

zulux21

Islands has leaked of course.

actually. apparently it released on dvd yesterday. you can go to amazon and get it by tomorrow if you wanted.

thus it's not so much a leak as an odd choice by CN to release the dvd a few days before they air it on their channel.

LupusWarrior

Neo Member
Amazing job with this thread PSXPHILE. I'm only a junior member so I can't make threads rip. But what a great start to the season. Sad it's the last but I'm sure they are going to wrap it up good. I hope the ending is similar to regular shows.

IronRinn

Amazing job with this thread PSXPHILE. I'm only a junior member so I can't make threads rip. But what a great start to the season. Sad it's the last but I'm sure they are going to wrap it up good. I hope the ending is similar to regular shows.
This is actually the penultimate season.

Raxus

actually. apparently it released on dvd yesterday. you can go to amazon and get it by tomorrow if you wanted.

thus it's not so much a leak as an odd choice by CN to release the dvd a few days before they air it on their channel.

Oops weird. CN continues to make baffling moves with their shows. I should purchase it.

Penultimate?

Second to last. NEXT season is the final season.

As for Islands releasing early, that had been known for at least a month now. They were releasing on DVD and digital the week before it aired on TV. I'm not saying they advertised it well, but they did at least announce that it was coming early. You can easily buy the whole mini-series (which is supposedly amazing and better than Stakes) for $10 on Amazon Video.

IronRinn

For people who watched Islands: Did it seem you were missing any context without having seen the other scheduled episodes from this week?

Psxphile

Title card for Islands, Part 3 released:

tumblr_ok2awbFl6v1t0t09yo1_1280.png
KingOfOoo

EDIT: oh, and since no one posted it: The A.V. Club review of Wheels.

Reviewer made some good points, especially about the status of an aging show that can still hang with the best of 'em.

Tuck

Can't wait to be able to talk about Islands. All i will say is that it was amazing.

For people who watched Islands: Did it seem you were missing any context without having seen the other scheduled episodes from this week?

Not at all.

Servbot24

Banned
Islands was great for anyone who likes plot points getting filled in. I like it more when AT is abstract, unexplained and even more metaphysical and spiritual, so Islands wasn't really my jam.

Kilvin

Seems like the new season 8 eps this week are not airing on Cartoon Network Canada? Pretty disappointing....

I looked ahead to next week and it looks like we're getting Islands at least.

Psxphile

5 MORE MINUTES

Seems like the new season 8 eps this week are not airing on Cartoon Network Canada? Pretty disappointing....

I looked ahead to next week and it looks like we're getting Islands at least.

Earlier this month the first two episodes of the season were scheduled to air one week before the U.S. airing, on the 14th but days later the schedule was scrubbed. No idea what happened or what the schedule is now.

Oh wow, I didn't even know about those episodes until I started paying attention to this page. I just bought islands on iTunes cause I thought it was next in line. Wow. Okay, well I didn't really feel confused. Islands is really spectacular, but now I have to check iTunes for the two episodes after Two Swords that I apparently missed.

Psxphile

Oh right, thoughts on this episode... got caught up playing KH2.8.

Nice of them to give James some backstory. Didn't seem like something that was needed, but it was appreciated nonetheless. Also I liked that we got to see
Raggedy Princess
again, seems pretty lonely being a ruler of a trash kingdom.

And the A.V. Club review.

vypek

Eh. Didn't care for it too much. The name origin is the only thing I cared about. Otherwise, I feel they could have done a better one off episode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom