• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park Releases New Music Video + Announces One Night Show To Celebrate Chester

Ramsiege

LP just announced the following will be performing with them in the concert:

Blink-182
Syn Gates and M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold
Kiiara
William Ryan Key from Yellowcard
Machine Gun Kelly
Jonathan Davis from Korn
Daron, Shavo and John from System of a Down
Oliver Sykes from Bring Me the Horizon

Ashhong

Any of the early order people buy their tickets yet? How much are they costing?

I'm pretty sure it's 99% sold out. I saw lots of tickets earlier before 10am, then i refreshed cause I wasn't sure and shit was empty. General presale is on Friday. Cheapest seats were like 60$ and it went up from there

Nowise10

I'm pretty sure it's 99% sold out. I saw lots of tickets earlier before 10am, then i refreshed cause I wasn't sure and shit was empty. General presale is on Friday. Cheapest seats were like 60$ and it went up from there

Welp.

Someone buy me some merch when you're their plz. I'll pay back + interest.

zeemumu

I'll go for presale tomorrow. Hey, I made it to the SNES Classic in time. Surely I can pull this off, right?

Koopatrol

Oli was heavily influenced by Chester so it's cool that's he will be there. Hoping Corey Taylor will be able to make it and maybe Chino Moreno, since Mike performed at the Chi Cheng Benefit show.

telasoman

I'm really hoping they stream or record this show for all the fans who can't make it to the show.

It really seems like the perfect tribute to send out to the fans all over the world.

Furyous

Blink-182
Syn Gates and M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold
Kiiara
William Ryan Key from Yellowcard
Machine Gun Kelly
Jonathan Davis from Korn
Daron, Shavo and John from System of a Down

MGK DON'T FUCK THIS UP. Do us proud dammit and give the performance of your life.

I'm looking forward to this and hope they release this on itunes with all the proceeds going towards Chester's family.

Koopatrol

I'm really hoping they stream or record this show for all the fans who can't make it to the show.

It really seems like the perfect tribute to send out to the fans all over the world.

I'm thinking that they probably will livestream it. If LP doesn't do it officially, I know some people from LPLive will. They're great at archiving and recording/streaming pretty much every LP performance, including the NYC Subway performance that took place earlier this year.

MGK DON'T FUCK THIS UP. Do us proud dammit and give the performance of your life.

I'm looking forward to this and hope they release this on itunes with all the proceeds going towards Chester's family.

I saw MGK perform with LP at Warped Tour in 2014, it was a great performance.

LycanXIII

Check his cover of Numb that he uploaded.

boiled goose

good with gravy
One of the celebrity deaths that has affected me the most.

Combination of having been around long enough to feel like I know the person somewhat and yet gone too soon.

Love them or not, linkin park was constantly evolving and innovating. I hate that I won't see what else Chester could have created with so much more life ahead of him.

LycanXIII

Damn, I was there before 10 am, got added to a queue. Didn't even stand a chance. :/ Only chance is to win them now.

They were gone before they went live to the public.

Jay-Z had more to say:

He talked at length about Chester and Collision Course during the interview portion of the session saying, “That felt really special to me. That was the first time I performed that song, obviously after Chester passed away. It’s super tragic. I really think that hopefully his death serves as a wake up call. Mental health is a real thing, you never know what people are going through. You think because he’s a performer and that he sold fourteen thousand million records, that doesn’t equate to happiness. Money or fame, that doesn’t mean anything if you’re not happy inside. A lot of people we go and we don’t deal with what’s happening to us, you just keep going. Especially for a performer like that, you just numb yourself. You become numb, he’s singing it. You get bigger audiences and move further away from yourself. It’s tragic, I knew him well. Really nice person, five kids, really tragic. Hopefully his death wakes people up."

The host of the show chimed in, saying it will hopefully reach out to men as well. He agreed, saying, “Men have to have this bravado and armor up and be this kind of way. Nah, you’ve got to take care of yourself physically and spiritually.”

Read More: Jay-Z on Chester Bennington's Death: 'Money or Fame, That Doesn't Mean Anything if You're Not Happy Inside' | http://loudwire.com/jay-z-on-cheste...-anything-not-happy-inside/?trackback=tsmclip

It'd be awesome if he could show up for the event.

I'm so glad that they are doing this -- it's like after Jason Molina died when Magnolia Electric Co. got a bunch of friends and fellow artists to sing in his place, heartbreaking and glorious and a wonderful tribute all in the same. Glad that Linkin Park fans have something to celebrate Chester's life and music.

janoDX

One of the vocalists who said that his band was made because of LP. And if his voice somehow gets functional again, he could be a good choice for a LP colab.

LycanXIII

Sounds like they are going to continue, when the time is right:

To our wonderful fans in Japan and our brothers in ONE OK ROCK:

We have been looking forward to being with all of you, but unfortunately cannot play our previously scheduled performances in Tokyo. Until now, we have not communicated about our November shows because we sincerely wished play, even in the wake of Chester's passing. We are working each day to grieve, heal, and work towards stepping on stage together without our dear friend. We are so grateful for your love and support. Our sincere appreciation for your kind understanding.

- LINKIN PARK

https://linkinpark.com/news/news/449444/japan-2017-update

Strakt

It's being streamed on their youtube channel.

Yea just saw the news. Next friday at 7:45 pm PST

krQE09R.png

It's ironic to think Chester wrote these immensely uplifting and positive lyrics, only to have been scribing his own near distant future.

Beautiful video, subdued and thoughtful.

I've never understood depression, and when things like this happen it makes it even harder. For someone to have enjoyed such a successful career and apparent family life, it makes me realise there are things we just don't understand as humans.

RIP

Top Bottom