• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady: "People are going to lose their minds [when we start talking again]"

Shredderi

Please please please PLEASE don't be a superman game. I'll literally take any other DC character instead. No, I will not give further explanation, I just find the character exceptionally boring from his design to his powerset and support characters.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I will lose my mind with their next Unplayable PC port.

Even though rocksteady didn't do it, this still makes me chuckle

They have confirmed it's not more batman right ? The games were excellent but I want to see what they can do with there own ip, or an ip we've never seen before.

watch, it will be another batman game with loot boxes which I will pass on.

Unless it's a batman beyond game with terry mcginnis then fuck it, I'm down. loot boxes be damned.

EhoaVash

Please please please PLEASE don't be a superman game. I'll literally take any other DC character instead. No, I will not give further explanation, I just find the character exceptionally boring from his design to his powerset and support characters.

Screw your opinion man. Superman the goat.
Love me some Lex, branaic, darkseid fuckery.

Anyway I want justice league more. Bring on the league :3

Fluloco

Hmmmm... OK, you know what, that could be cool. Let me play as The Flash and I'm in.

I would love a Flash videogame by Rocksteady.

I don't really like the idea of a Justice League game, mainly because no one has been able to make a decent Superman/Flash/Aquaman game, and I have my doubts that for some reason Rocksteady could nail all three in the same game

723dc7dc8944aa314358da9bac65163da392f1df_hq.gif

8350377bdef49094bcc03c72dfe18f8fcecad36f_hq.gif

Please...

RPGCrazied

Why are people complaining about loot boxes in here? All the Batman games didn't have those. Why would they start now?

Justice League or Superman game.

Release date 2018.

Loot boxes up the ass as well, worse than Shadow of War as well.

You get to play a regular civilian, and have to buy lootboxes in order to get a proper hero character unlocked. You unlock them 1 bone/organ at a time, and will also have to acquire every piece of clothing first. And of course you also get duplicates. There will be over 30 playable characters, and you need them all in order to complete the game. There also will be a PVP aspect where players who are stronger than you can raid you and destroy your lootbox content in exchange for a few ingame coins that are used to buy colour variations for their clothing pieces.

Why are people complaining about loot boxes in here? All the Batman games didn't have those. Why would they start now?

Yeah there isn't any history of WB games starting to add lootboxes in sequels of games that didn't have them, just look at Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War. Who could ever think WB would do such a thing?

I'd be alright with more Batman to be honest, amazing games, amazing dev, whatever it is I'm sure it'l be incredible unless WB gets it's grubby paws in there, then it could be shit.

Rosstimus

Banned
I remember reading a rumor a while back that they were working on Ninja Turtles, though I have a feeling that isn't true. My guess would Batman Beyond or an original IP. Superman makes for an awful game character, which is something I hope that WB and Rocksteady realize at this point from past failed attempts at Superman games.

Freeman76

Justice League or Superman game.

Release date 2018.

Loot boxes up the ass as well, worse than Shadow of War as well.

This is one of the worst things about GAF. People get a bee in their bonnet and it rears its head in every fucking thread.

You dont even know what the game is let alone if it will have loot crates, or if they would even affect anything in any meaningful way.

You get to play a regular civilian, and have to buy lootboxes in order to get a proper hero character unlocked. You unlock them 1 bone/organ at a time, and will also have to acquire every piece of clothing first. And of course you also get duplicates. There will be over 30 playable characters, and you need them all in order to complete the game. There also will be a PVP aspect where players who are stronger than you can raid you and destroy your lootbox content in exchange for a few ingame coins that are used to buy colour variations for their clothing pieces.

Hahaha savage

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Batmobile racing game, since fans really loved that inclusion that didn't overstay its welcome at all

No I'm not gonna make the joke about how it'll be called

RedHill

Banned
My choices for what I'd want them to do go as:

1. Batman Beyond

2. The Flash

49. Wizard of Oz RPG

567. Sesame Street FPS

678954. Superman

Stiler

A super hero rpg where you create your own hero and go throughout an open world solving crimes and mysteries to take down the villains behind it all or take up the role as the villain wreaking havoc and take down the powerful superheros that try to stop you from taking over the world.

I wish.

Or a Superman game, I mean we REALLY need at least one single good Superman game.

Speely

Banned
A super hero rpg where you create your own hero and go throughout an open world solving crimes and mysteries to take down the villains behind it all or take up the role as the villain wreaking havoc and take down the powerful superheros that try to stop you from taking over the world.

I wish.

Or a Superman game, I mean we REALLY need at least one single good Superman game.

This is the game we all need.

HeatBoost

When I think "a good Superman game" I basically see something in my head that looks like Zone of Enders, only with with a heavier melee focus, so I'm not sure why people are like "Noooo not Superman"

I think Aquaman is the stupidest member of the Justice League and basically the boring ugly counterpart to Namor's hillarious proto-Vegetan snark, but I'd play a good Aquaman game if it was good enough

Rocksteady made three good games, at least one of which a lot of people consider a masterpiece, so they've earned my attention. Hopefully this will get revealed at PSX instead of at E3.

RedHill

Banned
The tweet + Rocksteady's activity mirroring Monolith's + WB being due for a new AAA announcement tells me that it'll be announced at the Game Awards or as a cover reveal. E3 for gameplay sure, but WB isn't waiting until then for a AAA announcement. They have shareholders.

Lasty95

I consider the Arkham games to be a trilogy of genuine masterpieces.

Yes, even Knight.

RS are top, top tier. Can't wait to see what they're cooking up.

Maxey

I want it to be a new Matrix game that expands on the Arkham combat system by allowing us to bend the rules of physics.

But it's most likely a comic book game, meh.

More like wincing in dread given how anti-consumer WB's practices have become. I'd view anything they announce with suspicion expecting some form of "catch".

I remember reading a rumor a while back that they were working on Ninja Turtles, though I have a feeling that isn't true. My guess would Batman Beyond or an original IP. Superman makes for an awful game character, which is something I hope that WB and Rocksteady realize at this point from past failed attempts at Superman games.

That rumor was from Paul Gale, lol. Activision also had the TMNT license until the beginning of this year, so there's no chance a hypothetical Rocksteady TMNT game would be anywhere near ready to reveal.

As for Batman Beyond, that'd be too similar to WB Montreal's Damian Wayne game for both to be in development concurrently.

Personally, I'm guessing some sort of Justice League game.

Nintendad

What if it's an open world multiplayer game. 5 of the 100 are heroes. The rest are normal people. When you change out of your normal clothes and into your costume just make sure no one sees you.

Lasty95

Really couldn't call what they're up to though.

Sticking with DC?

Maybe.

Have they solved the Superman problem?

RedHill

Banned
That rumor was from Paul Gale, lol. Activision also had the TMNT license until the beginning of this year, so there's no chance a hypothetical Rocksteady TMNT game would be anywhere near ready to reveal.

As for Batman Beyond, that'd be too similar to WB Montreal's Damian Wayne game for both to be in development concurrently.

Personally, I'm guessing some sort of Justice League game.
If the Damian game is still in development/WB Montreal doesn't get shut down

Speely

Banned
Arkham City.

You and all the other players are criminals.

You compete against each other in a battle royale fashion, but the map does not artificially get smaller. No.

The more savage you are, the better chance that Batman arrives and fucks you the fuck up.

Imagine a battle royale game where Batman was the big bad/the shrinking arena. Awesome.

udivision

You say nothing about what you're working on and no one bats an eye. Because that's a part of the plan. WB has their plans. The game industry has its plans. But when you say you're going to announce something and don't announce anything then everyone loses their minds!

Top Bottom