• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite: Alt Costume got shown (Cowboy Ghost Rider, Donte, etc)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Spidey gets a Superior Spiderman costume when you buy the Spiderman Homecoming Digital HD movie. So...uh, his alternate costume is much more expensive. =P

Playsage

Not even mad at Donte, since that's the most "alternative" look you could give him without going back to Sparda

Captain Marvel got the one everyone was waiting for

Ryu's... Capcom pls. Could have used "casual SF Victory Ryu", now that would have been interesting... or the Gouken-like design

Amazed Chris' costume isn't
MvC3 was a good lookin game

Giga Man

The sad part is that Donte looks better in this game than Dante.

I love Hulk in a suit by the way.

Captain Marvel and Chun-Li look really great. I'm still impressed with how well they improved Chun-Li in time for launch.

That DmC Dante costume:
-Ddiun.gif

Spencer's is a nice pick; just wished they had changed his face to Rearmed Spencer or Gottfried.

Overall pleased, just wished Dante's had more varied colors.

Fj0823

They even got the Devil Trigger right for DmC Dante.

Also, the fact that they call Captain Marvel's Ms. Marvel outfit "Warbird" rather than Ms. Marvel is.....interesting. Is Kamala coming as a playable character?

Wow that's really cool.

Shame they didn't get the Superior Rebellion in

vg260

Yeah, but it's a "season pass". Ergo, you should be getting all the content that comes out this "season". That's just common sense, and to have it be otherwise is just milking your fans.

Do they really expect people to shell out $120 for all of the year 1 content for this game? That's insane.

Price/value preferences aside, it is not a "season pass" and was never labeled as such. It is a character pass for six characters and a costume for each. It is clearly described.

People can argue it's too expensive, but claiming they're supposed to be in the "season pass" because "season" implies everything they make is without merit. It's the people arguing this point that are ascribing the season pass tag to the content when the company never did.

El Sabroso

Yeah, but it's a "season pass". Ergo, you should be getting all the content that comes out this "season". That's just common sense, and to have it be otherwise is just milking your fans.

Do they really expect people to shell out $120 for all of the year 1 content for this game? That's insane.

Isn't listed as season pass anywhere, only as Character pass

Wish they’d throw the early adapters a bone and discount these for the first 24 hours as a sign of thanks for selling us a less than stellar final product.

vg260

Priced like MvC3 and I would have bought them all, but the price combined with the chromatic aberration and the heavy blur instead of proper AA means these are going to have crap image quality even if the designs are OK, so I'll pass.

Is crazy how Capcom lost me this gen on their fighting game costume DLC with their egregious pricing on this and SFV (and MvCI's visuals). I bought everything last gen on multiple systems, and they've forced me not care about the costume DLC and not buy anything. Good job on losing your previously easy sales.

mas8705

Don't know if I should be Horrified that DmC Dante is a "Premium Skin" or Grateful that this debunks the possiblity of him being a DLC character in the future (even though the chances of that happening was under the 1%).

Will say that a few of the outfits are pretty nice like Ghost Rider, Hulk, Iron Man, Dornammu, Strange and a few others, but I'm not going to be putting money out for any additional DLC anytime soon.

HotHamBoy

Hulk, Morrigan and Ms Marvel are all great.

Everything else is mediocre-to-awful.

I'm so fucking pissed that we didn't get a BC ReArmed costume for Spencer. Fuck off.

1200x630bb.jpg

Dahbomb

How the fuck is Spencer not the OG original Spencer?
Because they aren't reusing the MVC3 costumes for the first wave, which is a great decision considering how much shit the have gotten for recycled content.

There are still more waves of costumes incoming (some characters already on wave 2).

Neoxon

How the fuck is Spencer not the OG original Spencer?
Hulk, Morrigan and Ms Marvel are all great.

Everything else is mediocre-to-awful.

I'm so fucking pissed that we didn't get a BC ReArmed costume for Spencer. Fuck off.

1200x630bb.jpg
That was already used in UMvC3, but I wish they opted for Rearmed 2 Spencer.

Also, here are some alternate costume colors for the DLC characters that I was able to locate on Twitter.

Thrice-Blessed Armor Black Panther

Kirin Armor Monster Hunter

X5 Sigma

Gator86

Almost all of the ones in the OP look like shit. Yeesh. Iron Man looks good though.

Donte's inclusion is hilarious. Should have gone with DMC2 or 4 Dante. Those are both infinitely superior

Neoxon

Yeah, loving what the Warbird naming implies =D
The Warbird costume also has an alternate color that references Ms. Marvel.
Before you get concerned, Superior Spider-Man has a Venom color, & we already know that we're getting Venom in Season 1. Colors referencing other characters don't really disconfirm anyone, anymore.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Wish they'd throw the early adapters a bone and discount these for the first 24 hours as a sign of thanks for selling us a less than stellar final product.

Early adopters were aware of what was on offer and they chose to buy it. They don't deserve anything further, no "make-goods" no "goodwill offerings, no "special thanks." If a product isn't good enough for the asking price, don't adopt it.

For whatever reason gamers want to whine about a product not being good, buy it anyway, then whine some more.

dan2026

Sigma really does look like some low rent Buzz Lightyear.
He looks more like an action figure than the action figure does.

And why is he gritting his teeth like he just crapped himself?

vg260

Just a reminder in UMvC3 you could purchase a costume pack with outfits for all 48 characters for $20. Now it's 18 for $30.

Yet, sadly these prices are good to a lot of people. I have a hard time believing the price hike this gen is warranted.

Toxi

Banned
The Warbird costume also has an alternate color that references Ms. Marvel.

Before you get concerned, Superior Spider-Man has a Venom color, & we already know that we're getting Venom in Season 1. Colors referencing other characters don't really disconfirm anyone, anymore.
Neat.
Sigma really does look like some low rent Buzz Lightyear.
He looks more like an action figure than the action figure does.
The Megaman X aesthetic is just ugly. None of those games look appealing (the soundtracks on the other hand are ace).

Top Bottom