• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Th

Not a particularly good trailer; it doesn't tell me anything particularly interesting about the movie and the reaction face montage at the beginning was pretty poorly edited.

3N16MA

Banned
Not a particularly good trailer; it doesn't tell me anything particularly interesting about the movie and the reaction face montage at the beginning was pretty poorly edited.

Well I'm assuming most people who watch will have seen the previous two films or at the very least TDK. With that knowledge and what was shown in the trailer I'm not sure what more do you want?

7Th

Well I'm assuming most people who watch will have seen the previous two films or at the very least TDK. With that knowledge and what was shown in the trailer I'm not sure what more do you want?

What's Bane's plan? Why does he want to punish Batman? Why is this silly looking guy such a big threat to Batman? Why is Catwoman teaming up with him? What is driving the story?

Speevy

Banned
What's Bane's plan? Why does he want to punish Batman? Why is this silly looking guy such a big threat to Batman? Why is Catwoman teaming up with him? What is driving the story?

His plan is to blow up all the bridges and football players and torture Batman and get all the prisoners to fight the regular people and scare school children and disassemble planes and look menacing.

3N16MA

Banned

So you want the trailer to tell you everything about the film. Great, now I only need to watch the end since the trailer explains everything else.

Spoilers based on Begins

Guessing that he's what Batman was supposed to be before he decided to be a vigilante. Bring down Gotham from within.

From what leaked over a year ago and probably IS true:
Bane is part of the League of Shadows

I'm pretty sure Nolan went out of his way to make sure none of that was in the trailer.

This is a movie that will sell itself, best to save as much as possible for the viewing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
CBXgP.gif

Also, Batman isn't going to die. I'll stake my avatar on it.

Wait...is that from the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango? (don't ask why I would know that)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I want a trailer to give me a basic outline of the story instead of a bunch of completely disconnected reaction faces. Something like this.

I hate trailers that do that. I feel like I've seen most of the movie already. It's just being summarized for me in the trailer.

Trailers that don't tell me shit but still keep me hyped>trailers that tell you everything. The Avengers trailer is just full of moments I wish they would have not put in there.

7Th

Let's just agree to disagree; I personally hate trailers that do nothing but scream "THIS MOVIE EXISTS", which is all this trailer did.

From what leaked over a year ago and probably IS true:
Bane is part of the League of Shadows

I'm aware of that; I just don't think the trailer does anything to show off that particular relation. Even something along the lines of
"Batman's origin comes back to haunt him!" would have been better than what we got.

Speevy

Banned
Nolan assumes you know the story. Things are f'ed up.

If The Joker were just invented for the Dark Knight, he'd be a pretty bizarre choice for antagonist, no?

Kud Dukan

I hate trailers that do that. I feel like I've seen most of the movie already. It's just being summarized for me in the trailer.

That's what I've loved about a lot of the trailers for Nolan's films. Take Inception as an example...the trailers got me super hyped, yet told you basically nothing about what the film was actually about (plot wise). And I think that made me enjoy the film even more when I saw it.

Let's just agree to disagree; I personally hate trailers that do nothing but scream "THIS MOVIE EXISTS", which is all this trailer did.

I'm aware of that; I just don't think the trailer does anything to show off that particular relation. Even something along the lines of
"Batman's origin comes back to haunt him!" would have been better than what we got.

Alien teaser trailer

Tells me nothing of the story, but it gets me hyped.

I feel the same way. I am glad that it still leaves you with a lot of questions. I hate when trailers spell everything out for you, then when you go to see it you are realizing that the movie isn't over yet because you haven't seen everything that was in the trailer.

why does Batman have to die in this? It would be a fitting end to the trilogy though

I personally don't think he will die. It's The Dark Knight Rises, not Falls.

7Th

That's what I've loved about a lot of the trailers for Nolan's films. Take Inception as an example...the trailers got me super hyped, yet told you basically nothing about what the film was actually about (plot wise). And I think that made me enjoy the film even more when I saw it.

Inception's trailers definitely told me more about the movie than this trailer did.

I don't like much how Gotham is depicted since Batman Begins. It's too neat, too clean, the city is too new. You're basically supposed to imagine the grimy overpopulated aspect of it, because they never show it for more than a glance. The place never feels like the cesspool of crime and corruption it is supposed to be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom