• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2012 Anime |OT2| Of Suspended Anime Due To Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
What?

I...I want this

U1xl3.jpg

For those on the Magi hype train, the official website has just been updated with the full staff list.

Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Akai Toshifumi

A CM after today's AGE also showed the character visuals for Sinbad's trio and Judal:

So far just about all of the characters look stunning. I hope Judal is part of the mains already shown, er Alibaba and Aladdin? Going by fan art I see, that would be great if he were.

Dresden

oda nobuna girl tiers:

Akechi Mitsuhide
Imagawa
Ketsui
Oda Nobuna
Tactician girl who talks about points

---rkb line---

loli ninja
Nene
loli maeda

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
What?

I...I want this

U1xl3.jpg
Guildeline Tetris game with random garbage.

Gag.

How can I tell? Blue I piece, presence of rows above the visible 20, and existing garbage on the left including single lines before the gap moves, for the most part.

But like, what about when those dudes went to town on Kirito in episode 4? And the way they described sleep PKing made it sound like the person doesn't wake up despite being stabbed/chopped repeatedly.

Fatigue affecting your stats is pretty cool, though.
There are lots of way to bypass the safety mesures in place to prevent Pk.
From what i remember, it seems you are totally vulnerable when you sleep.
For example , if you collapse from fatigue in a field/dongeon ...you won't wake up even when attacked.
Fortunatly there are way to avoid this ( such as repelling monster items , that works on everything except bosses ) and you can even sleep in dongeonswhen prepared enough.

Pretty sure you don't feel any pain, although you do feel something to warn you that you got hit. Their reactions tend to be along the lines of ohmygodmyHPisdroppingfuuuuuuuuuu

They know not of what they speak.
^^ this is true

Not so much funny as it is brilliant and effective marketing.
I love Tetris

cajunator

Banned
On a serious note though, if they play it straight showing what happened to Menma and playing off the drama aspects related to it without all the distractions, it could be a good movie. Or it could just be really, really awful.

Taruranto

Mawaru-Penguindrum 15:

Okay, so seriously. No, seriously. Seriously. Come on guys, seriously.

Did you really re-make Steins;Gate with different characters and just threw in a bunch of random symbolism and metaphysical and philosophical shit to thinly disguise it? This is really what all that shit is actually about? Someone please tell me this isn't seriously what it's about. When's Okarin going to show up, anyways?

Dude, wat.

wonzo

Banned
It's been far too long my friends.

Glass Fleet: The Legend of the Wind of the Universe 19

"Cleo's the only one that can get me this worked up."
"I see that your wind has started to gust once again, Cleo." - Vetti Lunard Sforza de Roselait

Ahh, I couldn't thing of a greater strategy than
running blindly into a burning ship holding sticks of dynamite.
I'd expect nothing less from Cleo, the black Hulk Hogan and the former Royal Admiral turned hermit librarian. As Cleo said, the old man's a true wealth of information.

That weird psychic chick couldn't have been a very good fortune teller if she
didn't predict her own demise
. Well, either that or she's just insane but I find that rather hard to believe given how everyone else is like in the show.
I'm gonna miss black Hulk Hogan and the Hermit. ;_;

i9hv4dcSRc6kM.gif

The galaxy in revolution. Renaissance.

Theonik

It's the main character so it's going to be shown often, and drawing a window is easier than drawing the rest of the class.
And they probably pick the second row to last as to be able to fit one more character in the frame, possibly talking to them sometimes reserved for the "childhood friend" character.

cajunator

Banned
Its a good place to have the main character see events outside the window as well.
I can see why they do it I just can't believe I didn't really notice that before. There are exceptions though.

duckroll

For those on the Magi hype train, the official website has just been updated with the full staff list.

Director: Masunari Kouji
Series Composition: Yoshino Hiroyuki
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Akai Toshifumi
Concept Design: Takeuchi Shiho
Effects Animator: Hashimoto Takashi
Art Director: Kawamoto Ayu
Art Setting: Taniuchi Yuuho
Color Design: Suzuki Eri
Director of Photography: Sekiya Yoshihiro
Editing: Mishima Akinori
Sound Director: Kikuda Hiromi
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

A CM after today's AGE also showed the character visuals for Sinbad's trio and Judal:

Since they're still not revealing who's composing the OST, I suspect they have a pretty big name on board.

So the leak yesterday was true after all. Yoshino. FML. At least Hashimoto should deliver some pretty awesome effects animation cuts for key action scenes. I like Masunari though, even though Magi is really far from anything else he has ever directed. I wonder what it'll be like...

Wild guess on the composer: Taku Iwasaki.

Hunter x Hunter 42
tumblr_m8a111EN1h1r2z8hto1_500.gif

I didnt think Leorio was still relevant and I guess he is still HxH's take on the Usopp character. Oh well at least the powerful trio here can keep things good so I can easily forget him. Kind of disappointed in the Phantom Troupe, they will get destroyed by even Gon, and Killua and Kurapika if Shizuru's strength is anything to go by. Feitan at least better deliver some power and Shalnark I hope, no one could I see them lose easily to Gon like she did.

On Melody
do we know how her arm looks or was it just not shown even in manga, since in this scene it was just blacked out in the shadow? Would like to know just what the dark sonata did to her. Oh and Killua's brother getting in on things for Greed Island, it keeps Greed Island being interesting, kind of getting anxious to see all of that

I love Tetris too!

Even when it doesn't love me. :(

Not to brag but my childhood gaming was defined by tetris .. i've done every variant i could on the rules and i honnestly think i mastered them all ( even tetris 3D ) i think tetris more than love but passion ..
i spent 5 days ( total hours ) playing endless tetris at max speed ( pause every 5 hours) and i quit bored because i didn't lose .. I'm very proud of my tetris skills.

Tetris 4 ever

Hunter x Hunter 42
tumblr_m8a111EN1h1r2z8hto1_500.gif

I didnt think Leorio was still relevant and I guess he is still HxH's take on the Usopp character. Oh well at least the powerful trio here can keep things good so I can easily forget him. Kind of disappointed in the Phantom Troupe, they will get destroyed by even Gon, and Killua and Kurapika if Chizuru's strength is anything to go by. Feitan at least better deliver some power and Shalnark I hope, no one could I see them lose easily to Gon like she did.

Rofl

She was using her weak hand and her speciallity is not strength. Gon strenght is in the middle of the phantom troupe ..but he lack experience( something they all have ) .In a match gon & killua wil be destroyed easily.

Jarmel

Banned
Because it can't be worse than Star Driver.

I'm honestly trying to decide if Guilty Crown or Star Driver is worse and I can't pick between the two.

Series Composition: Yoshino Hiroyuki

Welp, glad I wasn't on this hype train otherwise I would have blown my brains out at this news. I have absolutely no faith in this show now. Yoshino failed to adapt even a C-class manga (Dance in the Vampire Bund) properly so I expect this to be just as bad.

Wild guess on the composer: Taku Iwasaki.

Wouldn't he be working on the second season of Jormungand?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Not to brag but my childhood gaming was defined by tetris .. i've done every variant i could on the rules and i honnestly think i mastered them all ( even tetris 3D ) i think tetris more than love but passion ..
i spent 5 days ( total hours ) playing endless tetris at max speed ( pause every 5 hours) and i quit bored because i didn't lose .. I'm very proud of my tetris skills.

Tetris 4 ever
TGM ranks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom