• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
You have NO idea.

It was godly. The charges shot went further and did more damage I believe.
Man I still remember the original bowcaster, and the trait that cancelled all cool down on cards at level 3. It was the only time I was good at battlefront.

RyanW

I'm really hoping instead of planet specific DLC we get better themed packs this time. Imagine a Clone Wars or Rebels themed expansion with heroes and multiple planets from that era instead of just getting something like Bespin.

I'm really hoping instead of planet specific DLC we get better themed packs this time. Imagine a Clone Wars or Rebels themed expansion with heroes and multiple planets from that era instead of just getting something like Bespin.

Planets won't happen if they are worried of splitting the players.

Character packs need to happen as long as they are pretty balanced to the originals.

Nemic77

Someone on reddit posted some leaked info from the closed after panel

• so jedha is being considered
  • old palpy is replaced by his sentinel droid
  • first order flame troopers burning a city
  • theres a lightning storm over the new imperial planet
  • one reef/coastal rock themed planet.
  • swoops up doods.
smaller things not worth effort,
  • just like the reveal theres some bits on endor (seen it before not interesting).
  • theres a lava/rock planet most likely sullust.
  • they showed a lot more footage from the films than gameplay, and by films i mean rogue one and force awakens, with only one frame from ROTJ with the emperors hangar/ shuttle.
  • they went straight back to showing images and footage of people getting images and footage for their scanning tech, cue "we got paid to go on holiday to picturesque locations and fly a drone about".
  • footage of the actress doing mocap, like shes being sucked out an airlock or falling out a spinning vehicle.
  • images showing how the little backpack droid can go up walls
  • small amount of footage showing inferno squad beating a hasty retreat up a loading ramp.
  • 3 minutes of people gushing over kylo ren and rey (just kiss and marry allready).
  • things not seen.
  • clones
  • droids
  • prequel and OT locales.
  • gameplay
  • ships
  • renders (barring the palpy-tron 3000)

Also some pics:

Dd5AJBc.png

Good to see some Rogue One content.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Someone on reddit posted some leaked info from the closed after panel

Also some pics:

Dd5AJBc.png

Good to see some Rogue One content.

Problem with Jedha is that you already have Tatooine and Jakku in the game, and now you want to add a third desert planet? Seriously doubt Jedha will make the cut.

WillyFive

Problem with Jedha is that you already have Tatooine and Jakku in the game, and now you want to add a third desert planet? Seriously doubt Jedha will make the cut.

Nonsense, the ability to use assets from Tatooine and Jakku will make it a lot more cost effective for content.

From the Battlefront II thread:
Some new details

Taken from Battlefront updates.

https://youtu.be/d0jyK6QnvH8

Summary:

SP

Inferno Squad, an elite imperial unit. Different character in the squad have unique abilities.

Campaign set from ROTJ spanning a period of 30 years, ends before force awakens. Story ties into various new canon media.

Elements of choice in the campaign.

Back droid is MC companion, has neat tricks.

Has a progression system in SP, SP progression is for SP unlocks only.

Dogfights and space battles in SP.

Play as Luke and Kylo in campaign, briefly. See Iden from their perspective.

Vardos, new planet, willingly joined the empire. Urban in set up.

MP

Everything will have progression. Heros, soldiers, ships etc. A lot of unlocks to promote longevity

No more pickups, but more opportunities for more 'skilled' players to become heros. Though everyone would get a chance.

No vehicle pickups!

Wont be able to land and take off on vehicles.

Lightsaber combat drastically changed. Reworked melee system.

Reworked core hero mechanics.

Gunplay changed towards Battlefield style. Slightly more difficult to learn.

ADS and hip fire will be effected now unlike BF1.

No squad system, but a new cool system for parties.

A LOT of customisation, both cosmetic and gameplay.

No dynamic destruction like in Battlefield.

Heros will have a rock, paper, scissor system. Depending on the situation one maybe weaker/stronger.

Attachments for weapons.

Not all classes have jump packs. Very specific to certain classes.

Rolling will return.

Offline SP will be substantially different from MP/SP elements.
ADS and hip fire will be effected now unlike BF1.
I'm sorry, SG-17

Palpable

The fuck? They're changing the gameplay around too, along with adding a RNG for heroes & whatnot? Fucking whiners and suck ass players complaining about BF1 are changing BF2. FFS

And what is this about Palps being replaced by his sentinel..?

Varg

Banned
Anyone playing on pc have a low down on the current state of the game there ? Can the numbers be trusted from the battlefront player count site ? The news about the sequel has me hyped to play again and I see it's included in origin access . Was wondering if origin access sparked the numbers up a bit .

FN-2187

I am pretty disappointed in everything we have learned about Battlefront II.

The gameplay of the first one is excellent. I was really hoping they would keep that intact while adding more planets, vehicles and modes that better integrate aerial and ground combat.

Also, am I the only one who hates the story idea for the campaign? I don't want to have sympathy for the empire and to see things from their POV. They are space Nazis. I want to kill them all and restore freedom to the galaxy. I hope there is a "twist" partway through and she joins the alliance, or was a rebel spy all along or something.

Edit: I was also hoping for online splitscreen and for the campaign to be co-op. It sounds like splitscreen is once again going to be limited to just matches against bots and other random mediocre modes.

Hopefully the visual customization doesnt get too crazy. It should still look like Stormtroopers fighting Rebels on the ground, not a trooper with a Mandolorian helmet and Vaders torso running around.

FN-2187

Hopefully the visual customization doesnt get too crazy. It should still look like Stormtroopers fighting Rebels on the ground, not a trooper with a Mandolorian helmet and Vaders torso running around.

If there was paid DLC so that you could not see any player customizations, I would buy that for sure. I want all my stormtroopers to look the same and be appropriate to the planet/context of the mode/map.

OldMan

Banned
No more pickups, shame because those have a lot of charm. I'll cya guys on Battlefront when I get home from the gym. Watch out

Shoot, 3 vs 1 on Vader, did me dirty.

If there were any heroes from this game that you wouldn't care if they were dropped for the new game, who would they be?

Honestly it's Greedo and Nien for me. Yeah, Nien can be very useful in objective modes, but out of all of them these two are the last I think of when I think Star Wars. Dengar too honestly. Maybe keep Greedo and drop Dengar, but drop Nien all the way.

Ozorov

If there were any heroes from this game that you wouldn't care if they were dropped for the new game, who would they be?

Honestly it's Greedo and Nien for me. Yeah, Nien can be very useful in objective modes, but out of all of them these two are the last I think of when I think Star Wars. Dengar too honestly. Maybe keep Greedo and drop Dengar, but drop Nien all the way.

Would be Dengar and Lando for me if I had chose two, one from each side, to not be included. Purely from a gameplay perspective

Ozorov

Anyone of my Star Wars friends wanna have a Quake Championship Closed Beta Key?

PC only and it's under NDA, so no streaming, uploading videos etc.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I tell you what

Endor is the most frustrating map in the universe.

Get caught up on EVERYTHING AT ONCE.
No lies detected here.

Whenever I get hit with a Endor loading screen for the large maps, I've rebooted the game more than half the time.

Tapejara

To be fair to Survivors of Endor, it's a gorgeous map. The combination of burnt forest and fallen AT-ATs is such a great variation on how Endor is usually depicted. The worst map imo is Scarif. Not many choke points, but I always find myself getting caught on foliage that looks like something I should be able to run through.

WillyFive

Only having one team getting a land vehicle is pretty stupid.

This is something that never bothered me at all, it fits in with Star Wars (heck, it was one of the only few things about the gameplay of the game that actually fit Star Wars). The Rebellion was always disadvantaged against the Empire in terms of technology, they had to use outdated vehicles like Y-Wings and X-Wings (that were usually stolen) while the Empire had the latest in starships, vehicles, and weapon R&D.

Ozorov

This is something that never bothered me at all, it fits in with Star Wars (heck, it was one of the only few things about the gameplay of the game that actually fit Star Wars). The Rebellion was always disadvantaged against the Empire in terms of technology, they had to use outdated vehicles like Y-Wings and X-Wings (that were usually stolen) while the Empire had the latest in starships, vehicles, and weapon R&D.

Sure, it fits in with Star Wars. But it doesn't make any sense to the balance of the game. A good player in a AT-ST can easily turn the tide in a game by him/herself. Specially in supremacy / turning point where players aren't using torpedo.

Top Bottom