• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 8 | Expecting reprints? Too bad. Waluigi time.

The MM Link will (hopefully) be my first amiibo, so it's nice that those of us late to the party still get to share in some similar experiences.
You best start believing in ghost stories.
You're in one.

Still no word on US Amazon right? Are they really gonna run this up until the day before launch? I was hoping to have the preorders sorted out before then, especially with Amazon Canada having them up.

tfw want to preorder Squid amiibos but they're not up on amazon.

Thoraxes

You best start believing in ghost stories.
You're in one.

Still no word on US Amazon right? Are they really gonna run this up until the day before launch? I was hoping to have the preorders sorted out before then, especially with Amazon Canada having them up.

tfw want to preorder Squid amiibos but they're not up on amazon.

If it's like the others, they'll announce a timeframe it'll go on sale sometime around launch day, or on launch day itself. I wouldn't expect to see/hear anything till July really. Usually as long as you just show up around the time they mention, you should be golden.

JavyOO7

Yesterday as I was playing Splatoon, someone in Reddit posted a link in Amazon UK with MM/TP/SS Link. Got MM and TP, but apparently SS Link did not allow for shipping to the USA. I should have posted the link here... I'll be more diligent next time.

Total for MM/TP Link came out to £27.31, and I think that's like 35 USA. Even with shipping. So not so bad. Just need SS Link and Bayonetta P2. Wish me luck...

Has there been any word on a restock of the Zelda figures?
I have the new three preordered but I want OoT, WW and BotW Link's to put with them.

With the success of BotW it feels like they're leaving money on the table.

In my playing catch up of Amiibo collecting I stumbled upon an Olimar and a Mewtwo new for $21 total. I've been wanting an Olimar bad so it was like Christmas

Does anyone know about rarities on the yarn yoshi? And which color is more rare? I'm asking for a friend.

I would think/say the rarest would be the Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo. If you're just asking about the small yarn yoshi I would say in order from rarest to least would be blue, pink, and green...but this is based on my location. I'm not entirely sure how well this can be applied across the board.

Has there been any word on a restock of the Zelda figures?
I have the new three preordered but I want OoT, WW and BotW Link's to put with them.

With the success of BotW it feels like they're leaving money on the table.

Nintendo excels at that though. The NES Classic could have sold millions more but they decided to not make it anymore. So stupid.

I really hope they reprint the Zelda amiibos as well. Only need OoT Link.

Does anyone know about rarities on the yarn yoshi? And which color is more rare? I'm asking for a friend.

I saw they were all re-printed a little while ago, or I at least noticed their availability all went up again recently.

The Mega one I used to check TRU once a week until they randomly had one again, but I know he's the hardest.

LiK

Regular Yarn Yoshis are still easily available and go on sale. Saw them on sale just a few weeks go. The big one is def harder to find.

zigg

The Mega one I used to check TRU once a week until they randomly had one again, but I know he's the hardest.
I'm still super-amazed that I was able to get one by standing in a TRU line at launch. I think I only got there an hour ahead of time. No tickets; we rushed the damn table 😄

Do we know who has the Player 2 Bayonetta yet? Gamestop has Cloud, and Amazon has Corrin correct? But I haven't been able to figure out who has Bayo.

Looks like 8-bit link popped up on Amazon for a bit but they're now sold out.

Apr 26 - 9:08 AM EST Amazon : 8-Bit Link: The Legend of Zelda Preorder for $12.99

Still shows available to add to cart but it doesn't let you actually order it.

Do we know who has the Player 2 Bayonetta yet? Gamestop has Cloud, and Amazon has Corrin correct? But I haven't been able to figure out who has Bayo.

Honestly if you feel comfortable ordering stuff from Amazon Japan, you can pre-order everything that was annouced through them at this point.

I got all 3 new Link figures plus all of the P2's pre-ordered through them.

Amazon Japan only has third-party listings for the Smash amiibo right now, and none of them ship to the US. P2 Bayonetta sold out pretty fast. That's the only one I don't have pre-ordered right now.

I dunno if anyone is still looking but some of my local Walmart and Target stores seem to be restocking or at least getting some more Breath of the Wild amiibo in. Mainly just Bokoblin and the Links. A few weeks back they had Link on the Horse and this week they had Link with the Arrow. (And I mean like, a whole single rack full of like 5-6, not just one)

Tfw all I need now is BOTW Zelda.

I imported some Monster Hunter amiibo today, even though I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. I really want to get another rider amiibo, and the 3DS game when it comes stateside. The amiibo are much nicer than I expected. Now I just need to find a cheap import Cuby amiibo. :(

Jawmuncher

I imported some Monster Hunter amiibo today, even though I've never played a Monster Hunter game before. I really want to get another rider amiibo, and the 3DS game when it comes stateside. The amiibo are much nicer than I expected. Now I just need to find a cheap import Cuby amiibo. :(

The monster hunter amiibo are nice. I have the one-eyed rathalos.
Still waiting for the other female character to hit $15

I didn't get him yet either, but does he come with a game or was he a single figure?

If it's with a game, I find them easier to get at decent prices for some reason.

D.Lo

They really need to release a Zelda, Mipha, Paya Waifu set.

And a Voe Link, Sidon, Ravioli set for the ladies.

The monster hunter amiibo are nice. I have the one-eyed rathalos.
Still waiting for the other female character to hit $15
Yeah! I have the one eyed rathalos girl rider, and I bought the boy for my brothers birthday next week. :) the other female rider is 17 and some change currently, I'm debating on buying it at the 17.

I didn't get him yet either, but does he come with a game or was he a single figure?

If it's with a game, I find them easier to get at decent prices for some reason.
Well, you're in luck, he comes packaged in with the Box Boy collection game (in Japan anyway). I just want the amiibo seeing as how the game would be useless to me.

I would love a Sidon/Mipha double pack. :(

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen any BotW figure sets from Nintendo with the World of Nintendo Line.

They really need to get on that and have new things come out when game releases come out. Then they could have a wide variety of figures that wouldn't necessarily have to be amiibo.

Credo

Is there even any chance that we get the BoxBoy game over here? I feel a bit silly buying an amiibo with a game that I won't ever be able to play, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted anyway.

LiK

Is there even any chance that we get the BoxBoy game over here? I feel a bit silly buying an amiibo with a game that I won't ever be able to play, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted anyway.

Hoping for an announcement at E3, tbh

Hoping for an announcement at E3, tbh
Yeah, I'm not completely confident Nintendo will announce it for America. However, given they seem dedicated to supporting 3DS for a long time, it makes me a little more hopeful at an announcement during E3. I love the Cuby amiibo, even though I've never played a Box Boy game. He's just too cute, I'd put him on display in one of the amiibo cases I have.

Hey everyone, long time lurker but first time poster in one of these threads, thought maybe this would be entertaining to some of you. My friends and I made a comedy short film using Amiibo and put it on YouTube. We're planning on doing more of these so we'd love any feedback we could get. You can find it here.

(if this goes against the terms of service, please edit/delete this post)

What ones are you looking for, if I may ask? I still see a few 30th anniversary ones around my house.

I still need :

Smash Wave 1 - Mario, Link, Kirby, Marth
Smash Wave 2 - Zelda
Smash Wave 3 - Rosalina, Lucario, Shiek, Ike
Monster Hunter - Both Waves (but they're Japanese, so I'm not as worried)
Boxboy
Ocarina Of Time Link
Toon Link/Zelda

Everything else I have pre-ordered if they haven't come out yet, or own them :)

I still need :

Smash Wave 1 - Mario, Link, Kirby, Marth
Smash Wave 2 - Zelda
Smash Wave 3 - Rosalina, Lucario, Shiek, Ike
Monster Hunter - Both Waves (but they're Japanese, so I'm not as worried)
Boxboy
Ocarina Of Time Link
Toon Link/Zelda

Everything else I have pre-ordered if they haven't come out yet, or own them :)
Oh wow, that's a collection! Initially I said that I wouldn't buy them all, but I gradually bought them if I had coupons, took advantage of sales, etc. What really killed me was collecting all the Animal Crossing cards. I own most of them, the only ones I'm missing are the K.K. and Isabelle promotional ones from the magazine in Japan but I don't care to own them considering the prices they currently go for.

As for figures I'm missing quite a few because of retailer exclusive ones, or just because I don't care to own them. I'm still debating on Bayo. I've never played a Bayo game but I like her character design so I'm on the fence as to buy her or not.

MADGAME

Currently in New York when I got the alert and was able to snag both of them, but it felt like it took forever on mobile. Way too slow compared to desktop. It was nerve racking.

jon_dojah

Banned
Was able to grab 2x Bayonetta 2P. Bestbuy.com has always limited to 1 per customer in the past. They must be getting a huge amount of this exclusive.

LiK

Was able to grab 2x Bayonetta 2P. Bestbuy.com has always limited to 1 per customer in the past. They must be getting a huge amount of this exclusive.

They limited MM Link to one. I assume they know it'll be a big seller.

Man, when are we gonna get the 30th anniversary reprints...

Oh wow, that's a collection! Initially I said that I wouldn't buy them all, but I gradually bought them if I had coupons, took advantage of sales, etc. What really killed me was collecting all the Animal Crossing cards. I own most of them, the only ones I'm missing are the K.K. and Isabelle promotional ones from the magazine in Japan but I don't care to own them considering the prices they currently go for.

As for figures I'm missing quite a few because of retailer exclusive ones, or just because I don't care to own them. I'm still debating on Bayo. I've never played a Bayo game but I like her character design so I'm on the fence as to buy her or not.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm only about 10 or so shy of the full set :)

Never thought I would get this far to be honest, especially when some of them (Gold Mario, Mega Yoshi) were a bitch to find for a while.

Top Bottom