• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Force breaks embargo, leaks new ARMS characters

oti

Banned
There might be more, but I'd ultimately be OK with 10, especially since the core gameplay seems so fun, and since each character appear to have 30 gloves to unlock, which you can mix and match in different ways. That's a lot of combinations! Also, at least four alternate colors for each character, it would appear.

Seeing how Nintendo wants people to play this game for a loooooong time I expect new stages and fighters to be released from time to time. They could do some really cool things.

Neiteio

Seeing how Nintendo wants people to play this game for a loooooong time I expect new stages and fighters to be released from time to time. They could do some really cool things.
I imagine they at least considered the idea of ongoing post-release support (i.e. new characters, gloves, stages). Worked well for building the Splatoon community.

Ashodin

posted in the other thread

oh. oh my god. Twintelle does the rhythm hip shaking of P.N. 03 when she fights.

Like this exactly

x18nm98.gif

Beartruck

Byte and Barq remind me of the policeman/policedog from Waku Waku 7. Looks like I found my sub (Machina's still gonna be my main).

Switch Force is GhostRobos Nintendo channel. I'm subscribed to them and this is an honest mistake. They're three good guys who run the channel. All the talk about is Nintendo Switch.

Anyways these characters are amazing! Kid Kobra and a Police Robot?? This is some Robocop stuff lol

ckaneo

While I like what Nintendo is trying to do, I think the length of the arms makes the fighting overall...not fun. Just too slow and inaccurate. Maybe I should make a thread about it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
While I like what Nintendo is trying to do, I think the length of the arms makes the fighting overall...not fun. Just too slow and inaccurate. Maybe I should make a thread about it.
You really haven't been watching gameplay videos

Or heard impressions of the quite a few people who played it

Neiteio

Not sure if you've actually played the game, but it's this exact quality that many other people seem to love. It's not so much a punching game, as it is ranged projectiles — and therein lies the appeal. You have to aim where you anticipate your foe will move so that you hit them when they get there.

It's all about pressuring with one arm while intercepting with the other. Last-second curveballs, fake-outs, etc. The mind games will be amazing!

Galang

Banned
This is super scummy to leak right before the direct. And they waited to do it an hour before? Lol. Hope the 60 minutes of clicks was worth it.

The animation and design of the characters look awesome tho. On the screen before the match starts the characters look like they have so much life and energy. There's something about the character's eyes in this game that evoke a lot of emotion

oti

Banned

Nintendo's trying to slow down fighting games so everyone can enjoy the tension of a fight without having to pull off frame perfect moves.

It's a valuable approach and could open up the genre for a lot of people.

Regiruler

I don't get why cobra is heterochromatic.
Does he have a 1-side gimmick like min min?

I'm really disappointed that all the actual arms stretching component are based off the same or similar design. I would have liked something that doesn't look like spring man's arms for once.

This is super scummy to leak right before the direct. And they waited to do it an hour before? Lol. Hope the 60 minutes of clicks was worth it.

The animation and design of the characters look awesome tho. On the screen before the match starts the characters look like they have so much life and energy. There's something about the character's eyes in this game that evoke a lot of emotion

I think they made a mistake. They may have read their embargo time wrongly.

Top Bottom