• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces E.X. Troopers for 3DS/PS3 [Website and trailer online]

salromano

Fami didn't go up with its normal Wednesday preview today, but it did post a legal scan of E.X. Troopers:

jgNN7.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yeah... Plz monstar shootan...

Art style is like some kind of Burning Rangers x Phantasy Star Online x Lost Planet.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The geometry looks too simple from the start so if that is the Ps3 one I guess the 3DS might look the same afterall.

If its 3DS *claps*

M3d10n

Since the 3DS version of MT Framework Mobile is well oiled and battle tested, Capcom probably decided to take full advantage of it and make a cross-platform game from scratch on it.

While taking a PS3 game and trying to fit it into the 3DS wouldn't work due to hardware limitations, a 3DS game with improved graphics wouldn't look out of place on PS3 at all if the game is designed around the reduced scope.

I'll be interested if I can hop in a VS that isn't going to be in first person.

That alone killed any interest I may have had in Lost Planet 3. Superficial it may be, but not getting to see my mech unloading hot death on akrids and irritating players is a bit of a dealbreaker for me.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
it's pretty gutsy they went to the opposite end of the spectrum from lost planet to this in art style.

Jet-pack thing reminds me of Dark Void, secondary to the Lost Planet everything else. Did Lost Planet have dashing? Seems to speed up combat. Looking forward to seeing more.

soultron

Banned
Looks like Lost Planet, but with some personality.

Yeah, I got that feel too.

Colour me excited. The environments shown looked a little barren, but I'm hyped. Great look. Reminds me of a cross between LP and Megaman Legends.

Whoa fuck. I finished watching the trailer and it IS a game set in the LP universe? Wow. I rike it.

7Th

Nice logo. Definitely a 3DS game from the start.

Yep; this is definitely a 3DS game first and foremost... for better or worse. Either way, the overall tone and style is appealing and the pop-up comic stuff should make great use of the 3D.

Definitely looks better than I had expected. Will keep an eye on this one, though the description of it as a "beginners' action shooter" has me a bit concerned.

I'm reasonably confident that this will be localized, seeing as it seems to have a decent budget behind it and it's a spinoff of a Western-oriented franchise, but it's tough to tell with Capcom.

LegatoB

My first instinct, watching the way the characters move and animate in the game's cutscenes, was "Oh, so this is what happened to all the work they did for Megaman Legends 3."

OmegaZero

Just went from "lol, the protagonist looks like such a dork" to "day one buy unless every preview hates the game" after watching the trailer.

I'm a sucker for any game with space mechs.

Well, seeing as Lost Planet 3 is going super Western (Nathan Drake quips, Dead Space vib) it's only fair we get the extreme Japanese equivalent.

It actually looks neat in that "Viewtiful Joe" kind of way.

Megaman + Okami + Lost Planet. I like it! But this youtube video is from the 3DS version, correct?

I'd assume the PS3 version is just the 3DS version running in HD, so while it might be captured from a 3DS dev kit (which can output higher resolutions than the actual hardware supports), I doubt it really matters.

JEKKI

maaaaaan this game looks tite~!!!

it's like Burning Rangers, except instead of putting out fires u put out ice!

Top Bottom