• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

Man I swear I've opened like 300+ packs with no diamonds...

What I've done is win 6 or 9 in Battle Royale and then sell my earnings for packs. I should stop doing this.
I would have gotten to 12 a few times already if the game didn't constantly fuck me sideways assigning me losses when I win or just not giving me the win when I got one...

Rommel

Not a bad way to start a fresh 20 pack...

lZpocSN.png

Also picked Verlander and Grenkie from the packs. Tigers are now completed.

I opened a 20 pack bundle and of course the two diamond cards I got were a ritual and a pair of sunglasses. Do you guys ever keep diamond equipment or do you always turn around and flip them? I could probably get about 11,000 stubs for the two.

Rommel

I opened a 20 pack bundle and of course the two diamond cards I got were a ritual and a pair of sunglasses. Do you guys ever keep diamond equipment or do you always turn around and flip them? I could probably get about 11,000 stubs for the two.

Depends if you are a completionist, play RTTS or use Create A Player in DD. If none of those then sell and get the stubs.

Not a bad way to start a fresh 20 pack...

lZpocSN.png

Also picked Verlander and Grenkie from the packs. Tigers are now completed.

Why are you the luckiest SOB on the planet?

Dude. You pop in here every other day with a new diamond. Meanwhile I haven't gotten a fucking diamond since the first day of the game and I've opened at least 300 more packs since then.

I got Clayton Kershaw in the first pack I ever opened. I opened another pack tonight and got Bryce Harper. I've spent $0 on packs, haha.

I sold both. I've got 251k stubs right now.

Rommel

It's gotten a lot harder now that resale prices have tanked on most golds and silvers. I miss the day when I could get 4k for a Gary Sanchez

Yesterday I got my 100th walk and it got me enough to get a 20 pack.

I opened my 10 pack from manifest destiny and got nothing.

I want to say I've learned my lesson but my luck eventually has to hit.....

Rommel

Yesterday I got my 100th walk and it got me enough to get a 20 pack.

I opened my 10 pack from manifest destiny and got nothing.

I want to say I've learned my lesson but my luck eventually has to hit.....

they'd love you in vegas

Rommel

Some of the markets are a bit bananas right now. I need one card to complete the AL Central but the Andrew Miller market is insane right now. I refuse to pay 100k for a reliever no matter how good.

Some of the markets are a bit bananas right now. I need one card to complete the AL Central but the Andrew Miller market is insane right now. I refuse to pay 100k for a reliever no matter how good.

Yeah I think Chapman is also up there which is totally stupid. I hope the market crashes more in a few months, but the prices of players this year is WAY crazier than in year's past.

I've played over 800 games each year for the last few years. I played last years version all the way up until the release of the new one. I already have played over 50 games this year. I can say with confidence, this is the first year the gameplay has taken a step backwards. I'm not the only one either, many are complaining on Twitter.

Way too many HR's.
Way to many hard hits on balls out of the zone.
Perfect PCI hits popping up.
PCI feedback saying I chased balls in the zone on the inside.

Please fix this SDS.

I've played over 800 games each year for the last few years. I played last years version all the way up until the release of the new one. I already have played over 50 games this year. I can say with confidence, this is the first year the gameplay has taken a step backwards. I'm not the only one either, many are complaining on Twitter.

Way too many HR's.

Please fix this SDS.

Completely agreed with all the points. I mean, I hit a 484 foot homer with a player whose name I forgot but this guy wouldn't even be a power hitter in little league baseball. I'm ok with balls out of the zone being able to be hit hard by some players, but it happens too easily and power players can abuse that easily.

It's gotten a lot harder now that resale prices have tanked on most golds and silvers. I miss the day when I could get 4k for a Gary Sanchez

I've found that playing the market for profit actually works alright with guys like Trevor Story. You can usually get him for like a 40 stub buy order and flip him for like 80-100 stub profit. It's not a quick way to make money, but it's an easy way to add 500-1000 stubs to your bank every day.

Way too many HR's.

Please fix this SDS.
With the HRs, bad CPU bullpen logic, and all the online issues, I regret not holding off for a sale this year. Very disappointed.

Pulled Hamels in a pack yesterday and pulled Darvish in a program pack today

Since Darvish is locked I figure I might as well get Beltre and Lucroy and do the missions to get 93 Buddy Bell and 97 Ian Kinsler

But I also might lock Braun and Villar in to get 89 Axford and 92 Lucroy from the Brewers

I think I can get the stubs to do both collections

I'm really surprised how many golds I've pulled from non-sellable packs so far

Just had a great glitch where my fielder refused to pick up the ball. 3 runs scored.
Patch this up SSD. Online play is atrocious for me as well.

sh1fty

I opened 30 packs last night and pulled 87 Lucroy and 88 Stanton. I sold the Lucroy (he's not playing well this year so I wanted to sell high before his rating drops) and kept Stanton (playing well lately so I could see him push up to diamond -- also lets me finish the Marlins collection since I have Yelich already). By keeping Stanton I no longer needed 85 McCuthchen in RF, so I sold him.

Bought another 30 packs with those proceeds and pulled 89 Darvish and 85 McCuthchen. I'm going to hang on to Darvish in case he keeps pitching well and they make him a diamond. I'll sell him at that point.

Last night I pulled a Corey Seager.

I expect my next diamond pull to happen sometime in the middle of June :(

I made a really sick Battle Royale team yesterday, but when I was in pursuit of 6-0, I played this guy who hit 4 homers off me in the first (2 were from starter, 2 from reliever)
I actually ended up making it really tight after that, and I missed tying the game by a foot.

I decided to play again just to hit 6-1 and call it a night. Really big mistake. I was still feeling devastated by my loss and was all shook and played like I didn't care. Of course I lost that one.

I hate all of you that have pulled diamond players =/

Pulled a Ran Braun to go along with the one locked in my collection, 16000 stubs, not bad

I have had 3-4 Diamonds already this year.

I hate you, I have a lot more golds than usual at this point and only one diamond equipment pull

Edit - Make that 2 diamond equipment pulls....10 pack got me AJ Pollock and a 4000 stub batting glove.........I guess that's a net positive

Downloading 1.04 patch (1.7gb). I need to find the notes.

Patch notes here - http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-1-04-available-now-patch-notes-included.html

So they made it more difficult to hit opposite field homeruns? Okay. But they should make turning on an inside fastball more rewarding. As of now its either a broken bat, or a hard grounder to third or a line out to left. Or, it just goes foul. Next to all my homeruns are opposite field shot despite getting green timing and pci on inside pitches. Real life baseball tends to work just the opposite.

I hate all of you that have pulled diamond players =/

Pulled a Ran Braun to go along with the one locked in my collection, 16000 stubs, not bad

I've pulled more diamonds already this year than last year, but I haven't pulled a single diamond player. It's been equipment and stadiums.

And how much have you paid so far?

$0.

I received a Diamond in my first pack. Turned that over for about 60k. Received another Diamoned and sold that for around 60k as well.

I had Cespedes and Syndergaard. Can't even remember the third one. Yeah, it was definitely three.

I just keep flipping them for now.

Rommel

New rookie packs are out... seems over priced for what you get...

I got rookies:

Jack McDowell
Billy Wagner
Fred McGriff

Top Bottom