• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Exclusive Invitation for an Xbox One Alpha Trial [Titanfall]

JaggedSac

So I assume if we get into this Alpha test, we will be able to play with friends fellow/gaffers that also get in? I guess kind of a dumb question, given we dont know the extent of the test (what we will have access too). If so, I'll probably need to add some people to my friends list. It's pathetic, but I legit don't have a single person on my Xbox One friends list. Everyone I know went the PS4 route this time.

I would hope they are testing their party stuff during this.

Mononoke

Banned
I would hope they are testing their party stuff during this.

Yeah guess we'll have to wait and see. Pretty excited though regardless. I'm someone that didn't really want the Xbox One, and was totally all for the PS4. I ended up playing my Xbox One daily, and am currently enjoying it more (never in a million years did I think that would happen). Both systems are amazing though. I just currently like the X1 more. So this only continues that excitement.

Alienous

Gosh, I wish I could get into this Alpha.

I was just watching the Respawn Entertainment interviews from Game Informer and a minor game mechanic was teased that ... 'spoilers', because I think if this happened (as suggested in the interviews) whilst you were playing it would become a game highlight.
The AI in the game will cheer you on as you do badass shit. Just the notion of climbing onto an enemy Titan as the AI look up at you and cheer is ... god damn, that's an amazing idea.

There are details when you pry, and the small things they have teased really hypes me up for the experience. Hopefully their launch is smoother because of this Alpha.

antitrop

I was just watching the Respawn Entertainment interviews from Game Informer and a minor game mechanic was teased that ... 'spoilers', because I think if this happened (as suggested in the interviews) whilst you were playing it would become a game highlight.
The AI in the game will cheer you on as you do badass shit. Just the notion of climbing onto an enemy Titan as the AI look up at you and cheer is ... god damn, that's an amazing idea.

You can see a little bit of this in the E3 Gameplay Demo, I timestamped the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5sqPxbLmIU#t=251

Yeah guess we'll have to wait and see. Pretty excited though regardless. I'm someone that didn't really want the Xbox One, and was totally all for the PS4. I ended up playing my Xbox One daily, and am currently enjoying it more (never in a million years did I think that would happen). Both systems are amazing though. I just currently like the X1 more. So this only continues that excitement.

A perfect example of a gamer who just enjoys games and doesn't get swayed by petty things like resolution or what not, More power to you and I sold my X1 for the ps4 but in truth I do miss it, Miss the snap feature and the pad.....Luckily I can get Titanfall for my 360.

Ran Ran

So does the NDA come through email or will it be on the page after you sign up?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

Mononoke

Banned
A perfect example of a gamer who just enjoys games and doesn't get swayed by petty things like resolution or what not, More power to you and I sold my X1 for the ps4 but in truth I do miss it, Miss the snap feature and the pad.....Luckily I can get Titanfall for my 360.

X1 certainly has its problems. Snap feature and stuff is cool, but I still find the OS to be a bit clunky. I hope updates kind of fix it. I know people rag on PS4's OS for lacking, but it's really quick and I personally find it sleek. I just happen to be enjoying X1's games more so far at this point and time.

Honestly, I think either system is amazing, and the people who own them will be really happy. At this point though, my most anticipated game is inFamous second Son. Absolutely can't wait for that one. So I expect I will be playing my PS4 religiously pretty soon.

Hell, if the Battlefield 4 wasn't such a mess on PS4, would have been playing that with friends. For some very bizarre reason, my version on X1 barely had any crashes. It worked. *shrugs*. But had PS4's been more stable back when both came out, would have just went that route.

X1 certainly has its problems. Snap feature and stuff is cool, but I still find the OS to be a bit clunky. I hope updates kind of fix it. I know people rag on PS4's OS for lacking, but it's really quick and I personally find it sleek. I just happen to be enjoying X1's games more so far at this point and time.

Honestly, I think either system is amazing, and the people who own them will be really happy. At this point though, my most anticipated game is inFamous second Son. Absolutely can't wait for that one. So I expect I will be playing my PS4 religiously pretty soon.

Hell, if the Battlefield 4 wasn't such a mess on PS4, would have been playing that with friends. For some very bizarre reason, my version on X1 barely had any crashes. It worked. *shrugs*. But had PS4's been more stable back when both came out, would have just went that route.

I agree, I do prefer the UI of the ps4, You'd have to assume MS will sort out the x1 tho so hopefully by the time I get an x1 again further down the line it will be smooth.

I enjoyed both systems, I personally played the x1 more than I do the ps4, Probably because I loved Ryse, and B4 wasn't such a mess like you say as it is on ps4, But Infamous and iv'e started playing Warframe should make me play the ps4 more and eventually DICE should fix B4 so I can have pick up and play games like I did on the x1 without crashing or lagging.

All in all im glad both systems sold well as they really are great consoles.

TriGen

I'm in the same boat. I own both and pre-ordered the PS4 first -- but so far I've use the XBO a lot more. But I'm really glad I own both right now with Titanfall and Infamous: Second Son coming.

Anybody else just sitting there.. waiting... hoping and wanting that email back. I know I am. I happen to be off tomorrow, and here were I live by the beach in So Cal, it's been 88 degrees. So I'd love to drink a couple beers tomorrow on my day off, and enjoy some TitaFall.

I don't have battlefield 4 (ATM)... But I did apply for the alpha... So if the NDA does not pop up... I have no chance of getting invited?

Mononoke

Banned
Anybody else just sitting there.. waiting... hoping and wanting that email back. I know I am. I happen to be off tomorrow, and here were I live by the beach in So Cal, it's been 88 degrees. So I'd love to drink a couple beers tomorrow on my day off, and enjoy some TitaFall.

Abbie this morning said the follow up email would be sent out in a day or so. But do we even know when the alpha test will be done? Might be a week from now for all we know. Although I think someone earlier in the thread claimed it would be sooner.

Bungie

Glad to hear that, thanks for sharing.

spannicus

I would love to get my greasy hands on this game this weekend, totally unproductive I will be. Anyone who gets a code they dont want, I'll trade for a Spark Beta Code :)

StratJ

Banned
Anyone got a follow up this morning? I got the 'quality' ToS section and got nothing. From the tweets from Respawn this seems like a very small test phase.

Marleyman

Banned

I am constantly checking my email; cmon Respawn!

No email code yet. And I highly doubt it's a bad thing to write that you got a code. Err.. I hope so! Ha ha.. what happens in TitanFall, stays in TitanFall!

WizzNARD

So I know people have been saying that only people who got the actual email will get in. Has this been confirmed for sure? I didn't get the email, just followed the link, but did get the NDA stuff, and the contact you in a few weeks thing. Fingers crossed either way that I get in!

WizzNARD

To everyone getting codes: Did you get the email asking you to sign up, or did you just follow the link. I think I may be out of luck

Top Bottom