• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
more like

UnconsciousNegligibleBordercollie.gif

more like

ixm1XK3LFMuEV.gif

New article by venturebeat:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/u...faq-playlists-forge-control-schemes-and-more/

edit: And this quote about controls
Will controls change from Halo to Halo?

Yes — unless you opt for one of the universal controller schemes that The Master Chief Collection will offer. You can just pick one setup and use that for any Halo that you jump into, so you won’t have to worry about buttons that change from game to game.

We have confirmed, though, that Halo 3′s specific controls will not be available as a universal controller option. Its left hand/right hand setup just doesn’t play well with the other Halos.

Oh good, this is one of the answers I was looking for. I was hoping for a universal control scheme. Thanks!

My other question is whether or not the banshee is in H1 multiplayer.

Takashi

Sorry if it's been talked about, but I'm assuming H3 multiplayer in the collection won't have cross platform compatibility with H3 on 360 right

Eoin

Sorry if it's been talked about, but I'm assuming H3 multiplayer in the collection won't have cross platform compatibility with H3 on 360 right
I don't see how it could, as the 360 version is peer to peer and the XB1 is on dedicated servers.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I was suddenly getting very hyped today realizing that none of the games are 1080p yet. Halo 3 was like 640p or something. Damn, i dont have a bone. I hope the rumors of it eventually hitting PC come true.

Xamdou

That's where I'm getting it from (or at least the Aussie version of Gamestop) as it allows me to just mess around.

I know people hate this skull from HCEA but personally I think the fact that it allows me to just go in and play with the feeling of being godlike while the enemies still pose a threat of some kind.

Exactly what I thought of when I saw that Gamestop had this specific preorder skull.

I really hope these are temp things and not completely locked from everyone forever just because we didn't preorder with the right retailer.

I know the feeling, I get 20% off at Bestbuy but their preorder bonus is kill an enemy and it drops a plasma grenade... real downer.

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
People are excited because Halo 2 and 3 were great and now they're back with better visuals, plus its a lotta game for $60.

yeah, this too.

plus dedicated servers D: i didn't really like halo 4 multiplayer, because the perks, wish it was just like halo 1, 2, 3 style.
what i miss in halo games is this stuff lol
127px-AC.png

i remember in the old days, first one to get one of these, had the power of a god lol

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Will the retailer specific (ugh) pre-order bonus skulls be only for Halo 2 Anniversary? CEA had the Bandanna and Pinata skulls in the game (with Grunt Funeral as a pre-order bonus) so I hope they won't remove them just to make them pre-order bonuses.

EDIT: And if they are just for Halo 2, will Grunt Funeral be available for CEA in the game?

danwarb

I was suddenly getting very hyped today realizing that none of the games are 1080p yet. Halo 3 was like 640p or something. Damn, i dont have a bone. I hope the rumors of it eventually hitting PC come true.

Halo 3 should be the prettiest of the bunch. It's the only one with the good Bungie sky boxes, and best HDR. I didn't like the new art in Halo Anniversary. Halo 2 can only get better.

I'm just excited to play these guys in 60fps. If it wasn't for halo, I would have gotten out of gaming long ago. (Halo CE LAN parties pulled me back in)

Halo 3 should be the prettiest of the bunch. It's the only one with the good Bungie sky boxes, and best HDR. I didn't like the new art in Halo Anniversary. Halo 2 can only get better.

Yup. Halo 3's lighting is still amazing today. The HDR wizardry they pulled off that early on the 360 is a great achievement.

And the art direction is sublime.

Remember the old "subtle beauty" meme. Crows will be eaten.

Fotos

Can't wait to try out those PC maps. I think I've only played a couple of them and that was a looooooong time ago.

Can't wait for this. Will wait to see if a limited edition is announced.

One thing I was hoping for, was to be able to transfer all my favorite H3 custom maps and gametypes. Some random novelty maps I downloaded turned into 100 hour customs time sinks with my friends and I would've loved to revisit them in this new collection.

El Maestro Bob

Neo Member
I'm guessing by "very, very soon" they mean RT Expo next month (343 announced some H4 map pack last year)

July 6th 2014. The hype train cannot be stopped.

at launch:

halo 4
halo ce

few months later:

halo 2
halo 4

Halo 4 at launch? I seriously doubt it, people are gonna nostalgiasplooge for Halo 2 and CE, and probably even 3 before trying going back to 4. It'll be interesting to see what starting weapons they put in for each game though, esp. with 4's unlock system.

Will Halo 2 have voice masking
(it was dumb but idgaf)
? How will customization work for each game?

Really hope 343 starts taking questions in the bulletins, or even starts doing streams like what KI did pre-launch.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Will Halo 2 have voice masking
(it was dumb but idgaf)
? How will customization work for each game?

Really hope 343 starts taking questions in the bulletins, or even starts doing streams like what KI did pre-launch.

I'm in a cab. AMA yolo

at launch:

halo 4
halo ce

few months later:

halo 2
halo 4
Oh its going to be interesting to see what happens.

And Fanky, if you are taking questions - any chance the Forerunner/Promethean backgrounder waypoint vids for Halo 4 are integrated into the on-disk game this time? Or will people still need to go to waypoint to watch em? Its probably the lowest of priorities but it'd make for a damn nice and fully definitive re-release.

FyreWulff

things to consider:

Most Halo 1 hardcore fans own Halo PC, and will continue to play that for the forseeable future. MCC is a downgrade for them: Less maps, they can already run the game at 60fps, and they can run it at much, much higher resolution with more effects. The community plays almost entirely via dedis already too.

Halo 2 is playable via LAN tunnels for Xbox players, and via Live for Live players, but soon won't be (?) because Microsoft shut down or is shutting down GFWL. The only reason you can't easily play Halo 2 online right now is because Microsoft shut down the online for it.

Halo 3 fans can currently play Halo 3 still.

Halo 4 fans can currently play Halo 4 still.

Going off these influences, Halo 2 will surely have the most population off launch because it's the thing people don't have right now (or won't have by the time it comes out).

Halo 3 will eventually take over as Halo 2 becomes infested with glitches and out-of-bounders and Halo 3 360 owners upgrade to the One. Halo 1 will have a minority due to being Halo 1 and mostly being played by console owners that refused to get the PC version. Halo 4 is still fresh in everyone's minds on the 360 and cheaper to boot. If you enjoy it now, you have no real reason to upgrade.

The real interesting thing I'm interested in is if they're going to try to upsell Halo 3 owners to Halo 3 One via Halo 3's MOTD, if they're going to update Halo 3 360's playlists finally, and what's in store for Halo 4 360's sustain at this point. Will Halo 4 updates now be done in parallel, or will Halo 4 360 continue to receive new updates while Halo 4 One players are playing some sort of weird "Best of Halo 4" version of Halo 4 matchmaking?

I'm in a cab. AMA yolo

As an East Indian, i wish to know if the Cab Driver is also east indian.

Hard hitting question's aside, Will the new prologue and epilogue explain or show how Chief gets back to earth after CE? I know the answer as per the expanded fiction such as comics and books. Was just curious if you guys were gonna cover that or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom