• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom expects Marvel to sell 2 million, RE7 2M more, has major unannounced title

Jawmuncher

So is there no more presentations from capcom? I thought they'd tell us what each division is doing, or is that later in the year?

Lizardus

Monster hunter on a console with proper online services / groups / community / streaming etc. will do monstrous. You're trying to set a precedent over a PS2 port that was dependent on an external modem, and a 3DS port on Wii, a console that couldn't offer a decent online experience if you life depended on it.

Monster hunter on switch and/or Ps4 would set the world on fire.

MH3 on Wii was not a 3DS port. If you're talking about MH3U on WiiU, the online for that was far from incompetent.

However much Capcom wants to globalize MH, its an extremely niche game thats supported mostly in Japan AND on handheld. Japanese people love handheld MH.

Even if the next MH gets a PS4 version, I would guess that the Switch version would be the lead version.

BigEmil

I won't buy this until i see more decent amount content is included without DLC.

Tekken 7 and KOF XIV set a standard for current gen fighters content in all areas.

Sesha

So is there no more presentations from capcom? I thought they'd tell us what each division is doing, or is that later in the year?

That's coming at the end of July. The 26th is the supposed date. No doubt if there is a big announcement at E3 we'll be seeing a lot about it in there, like with RE7 last year.

Dahbomb

off topic but

i met dante today (me in blue)
yuca27w_d.webp

we played some SF5
he did beat my ass
y1Jit73_d.webp

asked him about DMC5.. he can't say anything about it.

He probably gets asked that shit a lot (and I mean A LOT).

If there was no DMC5 his answer would've been "I don't know anything about that". If the answer is "I can't say anything about that" that means that he knows but he has signed NDA to not talk about it.

So yeah all aboard the DMC5 hype train as if people ever left it.

Sesha

Could it not be a Sengoku Basara game?

Nah. SB would not be considered a major title. It never shows up on these charts.

off topic but

i met dante today (me in blue)
yuca27w_d.webp

we played some SF5
he did beat my ass
y1Jit73_d.webp

asked him about DMC5.. he can't say anything about it.

Nice.

Oh hey ,actually jan 2018 will be DMC4 10th anniversary.What a coincidence.

And the 15th anniversary of DMC2.

giphy.gif

decisions

DMC5 is the game I most excited for by title alone.

Things are looking up for me it seems, hard as it is to believe after years and years of seeming like it was dead.

DMC was ripped up from the ground for no reason and we're still stick in the consequential void...It's time to bring to back and Dante is the perfect character to make a hype as fuck "I'm back" trailer with.

AzureFlame

He probably gets asked that shit a lot (and I mean A LOT).

If there was no DMC5 his answer would've been "I don't know anything about that". If the answer is "I can't say anything about that" that means that he knows but he has signed NDA to not talk about it.

So yeah all aboard the DMC5 hype train as if people ever left it.

yup, he said it in a tone like it's happening, but still let's not get too excited.

Sesha

yup, he said it in a tone like it's happening, but still let's not get too excited.

Screw that. Itsuno is announcing a new title this year that he's been working on for a while, Capcom is releasing a major title in FY 2017 that is not RE7, DR4, SFV, or MvC which all came out or were announced recently, it's been almost two years since DMC4SE which lines up with Capcom's 2.5 year release schedule for major titles, and E3 is approaching. If there's been any time these past four years to get excited, it's now.

Eolz

Screw that. Itsuno is announcing a new title this year that he's been working on for a while, Capcom is releasing a major title in FY 2017 that is not RE7, DR4, SFV, or MvC which all came out or were announced recently, it's been almost two years since DMC4SE which lines up with Capcom's 2.5 year release schedule for major titles, and E3 is approaching. If there's been any time these past four years to get excited, it's now.

Didn't people say the same thing last year?

Major title = MH, you know it, come on.

Sesha

Itsuno wasn't announcing a new title last year that he's been teasing for over a year. If it was MH, why are sales expectations for Japan down from last year while last year was also down from the previous year, while the US and Europe are up despite RE456 remasters, DR4, RE7 releasing last FY? It doesn't add up.

Shadoken

So hold on.... This mystery title needs to sell 2-2.5m in the west as well as 2m in Japan? None of their titles can sell like that. Not even DMC. All of Capcom's games except a mainline RE game will either sell well in Japan or in the West , not both.

Unless Japan is getting some other minor titles to make up that 2.7m number.

Sesha

So hold on.... This mystery title needs to sell 2-2.5m in the west as well as 2m in Japan? None of their titles can sell like that. Not even DMC. All of Capcom's games except a mainline RE game will either sell well in Japan or in the West , not both.

Unless Japan is getting some other minor titles to make up that 2.7m number.

There are no sales expectations listed for "major title". What you're probably referring are the total sales expectations for every title released this fiscal year.

DmC2 please

I've got some bad news for you.

No, last year everyone knew it was going to be Resident Evil 7 at E3. Also, that reminds me that last year iirc they specified when one of the unannounced titles would be a MH game.

Dahbomb

Bumping up the thread because the mystery 2.75 million seller in Japan is essentially revealed to be MHXX on Switch.

That leaves the "major title" they have up with RE7 and MVCI which Capcom said themselves is different from MHXX.

So Devil May Cry 5 or Devil May Cry V?

And please no one say god damn Monster Hunter 5... I am tired of all these MH games already.

Oregano

Bumping up the thread because the mystery 2.75 million seller in Japan is essentially revealed to be MHXX on Switch.

That leaves the "major title" they have up with RE7 and MVCI which Capcom said themselves is different from MHXX.

And please no one say god damn Monster Hunter 5... I am tired of all these MH games already.

Actually they specified that MHXX Switch isn't their major title and there's no way in hell it would sell that much anyway.

EDIT: Duh reading comprehension fail. Either way MHXX is only going to sell a couple hundred thousand in Japan.

watershed

Banned

It's gonna be their long awaited Dino Crisis revival. No, I'm just joking it's gonna be Power Stone 3.

Top Bottom