• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: ? |OT| We know nothing about this season

zeemumu

I'm gonna have to binge the rest of Roanoke before I go to the HHN maze in the fall.

I'm going through this and I'm about halfway through. I have some thoughts:

Is Shelby's marriage really worth so much to her that the only way she can see fixing it is through a ghost mob house?

Why would Matt agree to go back there?

zeemumu

Sarah Paulson was great in tonight's episode. I love how self absorbed her character is even when in extreme peril.

The episode had quite a few darkly comic moments, in fact, like how neither British Sarah Paulson nor Lee would believe Cuba when he told them that it was Shelby who killed Matt, so they sent him outside to be killed by the Piggy Man. D:

Cuba wanted to be more famous than Piggy Man. But no one's bigger than Piggy Man.

And yes, I AM extremely late to the party. It feels like talking to yourself in an empty house.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Going into this season virtually blind other than seeing a few of the 20 second promos
looking forward to it

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Some new details:

The season explores “the rise of a cult of personality that can rise in a divided society” and said he had been considering how to tackle the phenomenon for a number of years before Trump’s rise. Explaining that he had previously considered making a season about Charles Manson, Murphy said: “But it never felt right to me, because it’s been done a million times, and I didn’t know how to make it fresh. But I kept coming back to the idea of the cult of personality.”

“It’s about somebody with the wherewithal to put their finger up to the wind and see that that’s what happening and using that to rise up and form power. And use people’s vulnerabilities about how they’re feeling afraid… and they feel like the world is on fire.”

Ryan Murphy has confirmed that there will be no supernatural elements this season.

Lena Dunham will play Valerie Solanas, the woman who infamously shot artist Andy Warhol in June 1968

Evan Peters will play six (!) different cult leaders throughout american history, including Kai Anderson (an original character), Charles Manson, David Koresh, Andy Warhol, Jim Jones.

Emma Roberts will only appear in one episode.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
qRSx2db.png

The show has been renewed for seasons 8 and 9 btw.

Eggbok

I just finished this season, I loved it but I hate it at the same time. So many bullshit deaths and also fuck Flora.

Top Bottom