• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Rootbeer

Banned
CNxHRawWwAAu3VA.jpg

Erm. Okay.

Could be worse.

VOrDGBu.jpg

That's actually pretty shitty recreation of the handle. Force FX stuff was usually so accurate and awesome, this is pretty shoddy looking
Maybe it actually looks good, and the picture just makes it look that way? Because if it is that quality, then I don't think it is worth the price.

Moff

is there a video of the BB-8 being remote controlled?
I will probably buy that one, and I actually like that he is pretty small

edit: wait there are 2 versions? one with an actual controller and one for smartphones?

is there a video of the BB-8 being remote controlled?
I will probably buy that one, and I actually like that he is pretty small

edit: wait there are 2 versions? one with an actual controller and one for smartphones?
Yes, it is as you say. There is the cheaper RC version like you see there and then there is the more "official" seeming slash more expensive sphero version for smartphones.

Rootbeer

Banned
Heads up I stopped into Walgreens today and I saw their plastic bins near the toy isle. I looked inside one which was wide open and found two Force Awakens 3.75 figures. Poe Dameron and Luke. I asked the employee if she could help me find more in the other bins (there were 8+ bins next to it that were not open yet... but they open by moving a latch, super easy), but she wouldn't open them... bleh, didn't want to argue so I left because i didn't have time to wait around for them to stock everything.

If it weren't for force friday being two days away i'd probably have tried harder. Anyway, just FYI check Walgreens you might find some TFA stuff early. I also saw a TFA Coloring book and some other small items. I also saw the new LEGO Constraction figures (Luke, Jango and Cody.. no Vader)

I will be stopping in again tomorrow and hoping I find a lot more but I think most of it will sell out today. *shrug*

Looks like sphero is doing a reveal at midnight.

Awesome! I'm ready.

Hope it impresses me... my wallet will be opening so damn fast. The Target model looks kinda clunky... I'm sure the brief videos showing it moving look odd because the person controlling it is new to using it and maybe it's not the easiest thing to control, but i'm hoping for more out of the sphero version in any case.

I pretty much run the warehouse at my local Best Buy. Received 2 shippers, one very large. Not that impressed with the merchandise though.

Lego-like figurines, more for children. 4 different kinds of FA t-shirts, Darth Vader Halloween costumes (yeah idk either), character wall lights - Boba Fett, Vader, Yoda. Vader toaster, poor quality "interchangeable" character coffee mugs, lanyards, and a few other smaller items.

I skimmed through a lot of it so I can double check tomorrow but I saw no BB-8 stuff at all. And I'm a big SW guy, feel like if something stood out I'd notice.

Only thing I actually wanted was a puzzle of Obi-Wan & Vader mid fight from Ep. IV,where the actual peices were made up of tiny screenshots from the entire saga.

I'll check back tomorrow & get some pics if people want them.

Oh and Force Awakens themed Nabi tablets can't forget those

I have got to have the Sphero BB8. One question I have... Being that the shell is Painted or looks painted... I worry that extended use on a hard surface would scratch it up... Hope it works good on carpet.

Paskil

A relative of mine is a corporate buyer for a major retailer. He flew out to a conference a few months ago and they apparently had an entire floor of the hotel closed up with signed NDA's to enter and you had to give up any recording devices and iirc, submit to a pat down. Just packed with Star Wars stuff, mostly unshown characters and merch. He saw Han before they even revealed he was going to be in it. Disney is going ham on this movie.

This was just for one department of goods.

ghostmind

They changed the text on the sphero signup site. It originally said the reveal was going to be today at midnight, but now it says the 4th.

nfpsQHC.jpg

I think we are definitely getting a trailer this week to push people into an absolute frenzy into buying all this stuff.

That being said, I don't want a lot of things:
The 2 or 3 new hotwheels ships, a captain phasma figure and a nice pullover starwars hoodie if I can find a good one (I'm picky).

//ARCANUM

sphagnum

Banned
I've been trying to determine what order to read the books in. At first I was going to read the in chronological order but with all these Aftermath spoilers floating around I think I'll just read that first to get it out of the way. Then the YA novels about the Big 3, then save (what I hope is) the best for last, Lost Stars.

I'm not sure what will be happening in Aussie stores, but I'll be looking around Melbourne on Friday lunch time to find some good buys.

Rootbeer

Banned
I am tempted to drop by Best Buy and see if I can get one tomorrow... seems they are on some shelves already.

Lo6NLjO.jpg

They take up the space that video games, CDs, Movies, and PC software used to.

You ain't kidding... Best Buy, despite GCU which is awesome. is just about the worst stocked store for those things I can think of. It's absolutely terrible.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I am tempted to drop by Best Buy and see if I can get one tomorrow... seems they are on some shelves already.

Lo6NLjO.jpg

You ain't kidding... Best Buy, despite GCU which is awesome. is just about the worst stocked store for those things I can think of. It's absolutely terrible.

Hnnnng, I need to see a video of this working. Will it really be that much better than the RC one?

A relative of mine is a corporate buyer for a major retailer. He flew out to a conference a few months ago and they apparently had an entire floor of the hotel closed up with signed NDA's to enter and you had to give up any recording devices and iirc, submit to a pat down. Just packed with Star Wars stuff, mostly unshown characters and merch. He saw Han before they even revealed he was going to be in it. Disney is going ham on this movie.

This was just for one department of goods.

We knew Mark, Carrie and Harrison were returning in 2014 and Lucas heavily implied they would in 2013, so I doubt he saw it before it was announced Han was going to be in it.

Only thing I actually wanted was a puzzle of Obi-Wan & Vader mid fight from Ep. IV,where the actual peices were made up of tiny screenshots from the entire saga.
This is the only puzzle I have given up on. My fiancee bought it for me to try and give me a challenge, and it worked. Too bad because she got me puzzle glue and I would have loved to frame it.

Rootbeer

Banned
https://instagram.com/p/7Gq5XktgtN/

First Look at $149.99 Sphero BB-8 releasing this Force Friday. Pic is from a Screen Crush article that credits the photo to a Justin Neel. From what I've read, the ball part is the same size as a normal Sphero. Another pic of the packaging lists the FEATURES:
1) Authentic Movement - Guide your BB-8 with a smartphone or tablet.
2) Listens & Responds - BB-8 recognizes and reacts to your voice.
3) Holographic Communication - Record, send, and view virtual holographic videos with BB-8.
4) Autonomous Behavior - BB-8 has a mind of its own - Explore the Star Wars galaxy together.
5) Adaptive Personality - Your BB-8's unique attitude and actions evolve as you interact.
STORE LOCATIONS (rumored): Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Apple Stores, ?

Moff

wasnt the smartphone version supposed to be the premium version? it looks far less detailed than the one with the remote control
and yes, I need videos

Maybe it actually looks good, and the picture just makes it look that way? Because if it is that quality, then I don't think it is worth the price.

If you look at the high rez pics of the actual prop from Celebration, this is FX saber is pretty off. The whole thing is made so much chunkier, the emitters are also wrong and made flat n stubby

Hex

Banned
Anyone have any idea what stores might be selling the xwing miniatures set?

The game?
Most comic stores or gaming stores.
You can also hit up Miniaturemarket's website and they usually have all of the X-Wing game stuff at a great price.

Fuck. I want one. I want one so fucking bad.

I really shouldn't... but I want one.

Don't the realize if they show it in motion.... how many of these they will sell? But yeah... I need an item number so I can see if my Best Buy will even have it. I hate to go and wait in line for nothing....

Top Bottom