• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter DLC trailer for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Giga Man

What the FUCK @ that armour.

She looks great but she's also a prime example of why it hurts that this game has no Japanese voices.

Am I really the only one who thinks Thanos looks (and sounds) hilarious? I was laughing at his face almost as much as Chun-Li's when they showed off that story trailer.

I think he sounds funny for sure.

Am I really the only one who thinks Thanos looks (and sounds) hilarious? I was laughing at his face almost as much as Chun-Li's when they showed off that story trailer.

The difference between a intimidating Thanos and a sort of silly Thanos is if you can see his eyes or not. If they're constantly covered in shadow, you're good. If you can see his beady red albino rats eyes, then there's a problem. Don't know how easy that is to pull off in 3D though.

She's not in some special league. Captain Marvel, Ultron, Gamora, Jedah and Thanos all look great too.
You serious? Thanos is shiny but looks terrible, Jedah has some distracting goofy faces and Gamora is one of the worst designs in the game.

Best looking characters are the super shiny ones like iron man and the muscley ones like Hulk.

Im not understanding the hate for her voice. It sounds quite charming to me. Im assuming the same people who hate her voice are the same anime fans that hate dubbed english voices. Sounds about right? lol

Seriously... Give it a rest... There is absolutely nothing wrong with her voice.

She looks great, would've been a great addition to the base cast.

Shame she doesn't seem to have any lance or gunlance moves, but she looks like what I thought she would. Glad one of Capcom's biggest IPs finally gets the rep it deserves
in a season pass.

You serious? Thanos is shiny but looks terrible, Jedah has some distracting goofy faces and Gamora is one of the worst designs in the game.

Best looking characters are the super shiny ones like iron man and the muscley ones like Hulk.

The only time Jedah gets goofy is when he laughs, and it's always been goofy looking from Darkstalkers 3.

Looks cool, but will definitely wait for the inevitable ultimate MvCI or whatever capcom is gonna call it. Not gonna get me again after MvC3

JayEH

Im not understanding the hate for her voice. It sounds quite charming to me. Im assuming the same people who hate her voice are the same anime fans that hate dubbed english voices. Sounds about right? lol

Seriously... Give it a rest... There is absolutely nothing wrong with her voice.

I think she sounds fine too. There's a lot worse offenders on the cast.

NotLiquid

I agree, I don't mind her voice that much. Maybe it's because MvCI and MvC3 have already desensitized me but MonHun is fine in comparison to some egregious examples in the cast.

I suppose there's also Hunters usually being silent characters beyond grunts and maybe one voice line while cooking, and this character being super talkative is a bit hard to get used to for some, but I still think this is fine.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome. Likely plays awesome.

But that remix of the Monhun theme seems totally off tempo.. the hell is going on there?

See what I mean?

Yeah. Sounds like they threw a breakbeat drump loop over it, but it wasn't even the right bpm. Drums sound really off

Sesha

She should have been in the base game. She looks amazing. And 5 supers is crazy. Although a shame she isn't more of a Dante type character. Insect Glaive, Gunlance, Switch Blade and Charge Axe would have been sweet.

Looks cool, but will definitely wait for the inevitable ultimate MvCI or whatever capcom is gonna call it. Not gonna get me again after MvC3

There will be no such thing.

AAK

If you can tolerate Storm in MvC2, this is nothing.

Also, Monster Hunter girl's voice over is a symphony compared to Platinum from BB or Jam from GG. Those characters are "mute this game for sanity* tier.

Mupod

That trailer was alright until I watched it with sound. Jesus christ what is that music and voice work.

Maybe part of the problem is I expected a silent character or just speaking in the weird made-up MH language. But that's some Bang Shishigami tier yappiness.

The GS charge, demon dance and large barrel bomb were great but no cats or monsters is a downer. This is more or less how I always assumed they'd do an MH character though. I really wanna see her taunt now, at least.

Durden77

I feel like I'm the only one that thpught she looked kind of meh. Then again, never really been into MH. Well I'm getting her anyway cause I've got the pass.

Jawmuncher

Her render is nice
img_monster-hunter.jpg

img.png

Safros

Not really seeing how people can say her character model looks better than a lot of the rest of the cast. Her weird face alone screams MvCI character.

At the same time, this is literally the only character making me want to play the game so I'll probably wait for a price drop or the ultimate edition.

Her render is nice
img_monster-hunter.jpg

img.png

Urgh she looks good too. Her and Jedah are saving the roster for me. But she really needed to be in the base game.

If this was any other fighting game, her alts would be other armor sets. Though if we're really lucky, it'll be Azure Rath, Silver Rath alt colours.

Hubb

If you can tolerate Storm in MvC2, this is nothing.

Also, Monster Hunter girl's voice over is a symphony compared to Platinum from BB or Jam from GG. Those characters are "mute this game for sanity* tier.

English or Japanese? English VA is pretty good for Platinum.

DrArchon

It's a good feeling when you can recognize most of the attack animations, especially for the supers. She's got the standard GS charge move combo, the slap, the DB demon dance, the spin attack, it's great.

Everyone saying she's too chatty though is 100% right. They should've toned that shit way the fuck down.

I've never played any Monster Hunter game, but I think that trailer may have convinced me to pick up Marvel VS Capcom a little bit sooner than I originally planned. She looked AWESOME!

Top Bottom