• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

divusrex

I played around with a few team ideas. The A1 Yomidra speed farm works pretty much identically here with enough low end damage to play around sopdet and have an inherit for Parvati. I also tried a couple more standard builds. Whenever I have a bindable lead with defensive components tied to the leaderskill I feel compelled to have a hard bind clear. Three ideas bouncing around:
Team 1: Never ending skyfall
Wescha
Revo Apollo
Allura
L/B Lmeta (Awoken Nene)
Super Wukong
Wescha
The idea here is you can have unlimited light skyfall at the cost of hearts. Wukong is there for emergency heartmaking and Lmeta is for bindclear and a combo board with Wukong. Works fine but RCV is still on the low end and move time is rough for combo shields. The maniac badge for either fixes the problem well enough for me so it's more of a which one is more applicable to a dungeon. Arena I'd probably use the RCV badge and let skyfall save me if I screw up.

Team 2: Guard Break
Wescha
Allura
Revo Indra
Alcyone (or L/B Apollo)
Revo Sakuya
Wescha
Not sure how useful guard break is on a Wescha team but I thought I'd put it together. The advantages here are any activation + guard break will sweep a high defense floor, There's enough move time to make the rainbow + 5 match, RCV isn't much worse than the other options. Downside is so many heart breakers, Wescha's damage is probably good enough for any defense check barring the 3p Arena Metatrons

Team 3: Jack of all trades
Wescha (Saria)
L/B Lmeta (Awoken Nene)
Revo Indra (Indra)
Super Wukong (Super Wukong)
Revo Venus (Lakechi)
Wescha
This team can handle almost anything. RCV is enough to not require the badge so I can run TE. The only thing I'd like is a delay and a fujin-like. I can use an off color inherit I guess but the light delay options are real sad. 5 of 7 inheritable delays are collab only, two of those 5 are the same monster just the uevo'd form. The only perpetually available inheritable delays are Light Wee Jas and Sagirinokami. Sagirinokami is nice for the team because it delays and enhances light orbs. Revo Venus seems like the best home for a fujin/Hiko.

I'd say go for whatever you can make right now, especially if your primary concern is to farm A1. Personally, I like option #3 the best, it seems like the most flexible comp compared to the other two. Light delay cards are very rare, but I feel that Astalos would be the most beneficial to Wedding Eschamali (assuming you have that card). Revo Venus serves the same function as Awoken Isis does for RaDra teams (low CD & unbindable), so it'd definitely be beneficial to stick Fujin/Hiko onto her.

Has anyone in the JP side tested out split ult lead Paimon with LHeraDra as a friend lead? I was looking at Mantastic's updated MP buying chart and he said not to bother with LHeraDra if you have LMeta/Paimon.

Silent_Z

Anyone done C10 yet? I'm thinking of trying Ilmina w/ Ilm, R.Leilan, R.Uzume, DK Tsubaki subs as that makes the combo shields pretty trivial and one-shotting the boss should be a non-issue, but damage control around Sakuya's awakening bind is worrisome - need to hit the 50%-20% range, and doing that with Tsubaki requires a very light touch.

Considering using the A3 Minerva resist team with all assists changed to gravity instead of shield/burst stuff; should be able to activate puppet immediately on everything but Hinomitsuha, and her stuff is resisted normally anyway.

Silent_Z

Ilmina team worked perfectly for C10 and almost everything else; managed to hit Sakuya to the correct threshold. This set wasn't too bad; did C9 with DTron - seemed the easiest damage control for dealing with Sharon and least combo reliant - and C6 with Kushinada because reduced color sets = ez combos....and I can't use Ilmina without light orbs, though I suppose I could bring enough actives.

Bladelaw

I want denebola so I have an excuse to run Tigrex, also to comlete my Mechanical star 2 collection.

I'm guessing Mech star 2 GF incoming.

Kwhit10

Playing around with skull as lead looks like Julie is a good pair lead.

Playing with skuld/rKarin/rKarin/Andromeda/A.Isis/julie.

Doea nice damage with 7 combos green+blue.

Bladelaw

I'm looking for homes for the new evolutions, as a result I'm seeing just how few non light/dark teams I have. Sure I can slap a norn on pretty much any team for the ping but if I'm going to use an off color sub I might as well use Amatsu.

Verdandi looks most at home on Kushi. Combo lead so the FUA column doesn't get in the way of a row, base active is useful but also low enough cooldown to inherit something better (Ishida/Romia/Mel), 7c gets full utilization. Only downside is a Haku board means verd contributes no damage though a Lumiel board would help.

Urd...well all my main fire teams are row farms, There's some dumb gimmick teams I can make but nothing terribly strong I would put up against a resolve heavy dungeon that I couldn't just use something else for. Her active remains a great inherit but I'm not sure where she's best applied.

Skuld is budget Amatsu. Trade Amatsu's HP, unbindability and TE for OE, TPA, and RCV and arguably a better active. Amatsu's unlock is situational enough that skuld is a more useful active in more situations. She makes a better lead but I don't think she's better enough to make me drop Julie (Single) or Blue hunter (Multi). I might use her over Amatsu on Julie just because her active is better and the team doesn't need the HP.

Sonias, I'm stumped where to use them best. Row + 7c is a tough trick for me but the 7c at least gives them flexibility to fit on row or combo teams. Unbindable bind clear is always welcome. It's a big jump in usability for Ronia, she'll feature in my red huntress teams when the situation calls for it but the lack of SBR is concerning though. Gronia getting attacker type means I can use her straight up on Ruel and the no SBR thing isn't a problem on that team. Blonia is now a solid sub for Blue Hunter I guess? Not sure I'd replace anyone on my bhunter team for her though.

ccbfan

What is everyone doing with their soon to expire mail?

8 days left and i have like 200 mail unopened. I'm gonna need a bunch of stone for slots.

What is everyone doing with their soon to expire mail?

8 days left and i have like 200 mail unopened. I'm gonna need a bunch of stone for slots.

I've added 100 spaces on both my accounts. I'm planning on opening as many as I can and just start using them. I've hoarded too much. I got plenty of free stones available and nothing I want to pull on.

Jagernaut

I'm looking for homes for the new evolutions, as a result I'm seeing just how few non light/dark teams I have. Sure I can slap a norn on pretty much any team for the ping but if I'm going to use an off color sub I might as well use Amatsu.

Verdandi looks most at home on Kushi. Combo lead so the FUA column doesn't get in the way of a row, base active is useful but also low enough cooldown to inherit something better (Ishida/Romia/Mel), 7c gets full utilization. Only downside is a Haku board means verd contributes no damage though a Lumiel board would help.

Urd...well all my main fire teams are row farms, There's some dumb gimmick teams I can make but nothing terribly strong I would put up against a resolve heavy dungeon that I couldn't just use something else for. Her active remains a great inherit but I'm not sure where she's best applied.

Skuld is budget Amatsu. Trade Amatsu's HP, unbindability and TE for OE, TPA, and RCV and arguably a better active. Amatsu's unlock is situational enough that skuld is a more useful active in more situations. She makes a better lead but I don't think she's better enough to make me drop Julie (Single) or Blue hunter (Multi). I might use her over Amatsu on Julie just because her active is better and the team doesn't need the HP.

Sonias, I'm stumped where to use them best. Row + 7c is a tough trick for me but the 7c at least gives them flexibility to fit on row or combo teams. Unbindable bind clear is always welcome. It's a big jump in usability for Ronia, she'll feature in my red huntress teams when the situation calls for it but the lack of SBR is concerning though. Gronia getting attacker type means I can use her straight up on Ruel and the no SBR thing isn't a problem on that team. Blonia is now a solid sub for Blue Hunter I guess? Not sure I'd replace anyone on my bhunter team for her though.

What do you use for a Julie team? I've tried out the team below (all hyper) and I'm not impressed with the damage. Also don't like how there is no base attack multiplier (unlike D Athena for example), if you don't have both colors the damage is awful.

Julie (Gammoth)
B/G Nut
R Karin
A Andromeda
B Valkyrie
Julie

Anyone done C10 yet?
Planning on doing it coop with blue hunter.

F1: One shot

F2: This one seems like the only possibly hard floor. Hit her under 99% first turn and then just combo hard afterwards. She'll have passive dmg resist and 50% shield but I'll have dragon killers and double 7c on both teams with Amatsu and Skuld as well as Hakus so she might go down easy.

F3: Delay for safety and kill.

F4: Resolve killer!!! If that fails though does she do the awakening bind if you one shot her or does she do the CD reduction and whole team bind? The later would be best since I can just unbind and poke her.

F5: Use extra move time to make perfect Haku board and one shot. Also might delay if the inherit is up.

Bladelaw

What do you use for a Julie team? I've tried out the team below (all hyper) and I'm not impressed with the damage. Also don't like how there is no base attack multiplier (unlike D Athena for example), if you don't have both colors the damage is awful.

Julie (Gammoth)
B/G Nut
R Karin
A Andromeda
B Valkyrie
Julie

I use
Julie (some variant of Fujin)
Rag Drag (Beach Mei Mei)
Rag Drag (Beach Sonia)
Odin Dragon (Wee Jas) OR Mito (Grodin)
Skuld (Skuld)
Julie (Sheen)

Amatsu(Cthulhu for stats) was in Skuld's spot and still subs in when I need the unlock. Damage is mostly killer dependant. If I know I'm dealing with a pain in the ass devil (grisar for example) I bring Mito in. She's usually enough alone to deal with the worst threats. Delay on Odindra is less useful with FUA being an option but I like that the hearts can be used for FUA or bind clear and buy me a turn to clear garbage. I almost feel like Tachibana on Rag could be a solid choice too. Gives colors, heals, and a shield in case you screw up.

Aesnath

Anyone done C10 yet? I'm thinking of trying Ilmina w/ Ilm, R.Leilan, R.Uzume, DK Tsubaki subs as that makes the combo shields pretty trivial and one-shotting the boss should be a non-issue, but damage control around Sakuya's awakening bind is worrisome - need to hit the 50%-20% range, and doing that with Tsubaki requires a very light touch.

Considering using the A3 Minerva resist team with all assists changed to gravity instead of shield/burst stuff; should be able to activate puppet immediately on everything but Hinomitsuha, and her stuff is resisted normally anyway.

I used the A3 Minerva resist team. Wasn't bad. You do have to watch out for poison with hino and you'll need a way to reliably kill some of the floors when they get low or risk awakening binds or the like (I used gravity cheese). Was smooth, first attempt.

jiggle

F4: Resolve killer!!! If that fails though does she do the awakening bind if you one shot her or does she do the CD reduction and whole team bind? The later would be best since I can just unbind and poke her.
She does awakening bind when one shotted
Without FUA, of course

Aesnath

So, uh, the new dragonbound evos seem kinda legit.

I'm not sure, but Ryune and Sylvie have 4/64/1 with a shield or can be paired with the relevant new Sonia ults for 2/64/2 row leads with a small shield and type restrictions.

The sub evos are all crazy as well, generally gaining 7c, FUA, and something else.

Bladelaw

I was watching dzydzydino's stream last night and holy shit new Zuoh is better than I gave him credit for. For some reason I never though to build a green team with Zuoh as lead but the team hits real hard and can make use of some of the best farmable inherits (Cauchemar and Ras). It's not going to dethrone LMeta as my meme team of choice but Zuoh is now a legit lead instead of a joke.

The team I played around with:
Zuoh (Cauchemar)
Romia (Cauchemar)
Ruel (2 SBR version Ras inherit)
RMeiMei (Ishida)
RMeiMei (Ishida)
Zuoh/Diablos

Diablos + Cauchemar's shield is enough to survive most real nasty hits, Cauchemar alone is enough to eat DQ hera. Zuoh's rcv buff is enough to get over the otherwise minimal RCV.

b33r

I'm playing around with Shiva Dragon arena 1 fast farming teams. So far it seems really easy unless I get Parvati, Sopdet is easy, but Parvati makes so much fire... Once I get my preferred team set, guess Fujin will move to a fire sub for now.

I use the 5x wisdom Dragon for Kali and have enough hp to tank DQ Hera, so far only Parvati is an issue. I think it'll be a nice quick arena team once ironed out.

Bladelaw

Probably skipping the Heroine refresh. Only thing my main doesn't have is Illmina and aside from some farming opportunities she's not all that necessary. My alt would love a Meri, especially since my alt's water box is pretty stacked with good Meri subs but I don't know that I want to blow my alt's stones on that.

My main is going to pull on day 1 GF though. I wouldn't mind another of almost any Angel 2 and 6x chance for Dmeta isn't terrible. I could also use almost any other 6* on offer. Not going to go crazy though, I'll be saving that for FF or Ney, which ever comes first.

Aesnath

Heroine buffs are out on NA
Momiji FUA
Julie 2nd SBR
Meri Finger (lol)
7c on Romia, Navi, Sheena

To be fair, the finger isn't sooo bad. Rather it than another flipping row. I'm pretty sure I'm not rolling this time either--I'm really only missing the 8*s, Julie, Navi, and elegnubi; none of which I feel is particularly necessary.

I will roll on the GF; day 2, hoping for Ganesha, praying for Yog.

W-00

Skipping both the GF and the Heroine refresh. I'm missing some good cards from the Heroine machine, but I expect the only way I'll ever roll in it again is with free rolls (speaking of, I don't see a Rank 50 pull in the announcement - are we not getting one this time? Also, Gacha dungeon where?), if they add new 5* cards, or if Mel somehow becomes worthwhile to have (my main managed to dodge her so far).

Aesnath

Skipping both the GF and the Heroine refresh. I'm missing some good cards from the Heroine machine, but I expect the only way I'll ever roll in it again is with free rolls (speaking of, I don't see a Rank 50 pull in the announcement - are we not getting one this time? Also, Gacha dungeon where?), if they add new 5* cards, or if Mel somehow becomes worthwhile to have (my main managed to dodge her so far).

I think we only ever get the rank 50 with the first time a machine rolls around (since the advent of rank 50 rolls anyway). It would be nice if I was wrong. So we can expect them for the beach and FF, but not seasonal re-runs (didn't we have them by Halloween last year, I'm not sure).

The current speculation is that we will see the gatcha dungeon on our 5th anniversary, but who knows?

We might get gachadra event since Japan got a new variation for beach event

Wonder what the server kill thresholds are gonna be, JP hilariously overestimated how many kills they would get the first time

Ducarmel

You think so?

Gachadra was part of JP pad 5 year anniversary and the reason why NA has not gotten any of the 5 year event stuff was because NA pad is only 4 years old, at least that what was speculated in discussions on pad reddit.

Well there's nothing tying the beach gachadra "raid" to any sort of anniversary celebration. Don't see what could stop it from happening as far as that sort of thing goes.

jiggle

Played around with Sylvie a bit
Looks like she's a really good, if not better, replacement for liubei?

With Sylvie x r.Liubei
Slight drop in damage but way more tankable and less reliant on activating skills
And the Shield is a cherry on top

Sylvie x Sylvie
Even more tankable
Damage better than awoken liubeis

The only weakness is she's bindable :(

divusrex

3 pulls on this GF. I was hoping to get Fujin, but I'm saving the rest of my stones for future events.

Merlin #3 (sold)
Fenrir Viz #2
Ruel #2

I can't really complain about the dupes, especially since I can have both evos for each card. I'm just glad I didn't pull Rozuel #5...

Edit:

3 pulls on my alt. Let's do a play-by-play reaction.

Pull #1: Oichi (ooooh, cool a diamond egg that is potentially useful)
Pull #2: Cinderlla (another silver egg I can sell, ok)
Pull #3: Fujin (Ok, a diamond. HUH?!? I mean, sweet! But...but...you're on the wrong...account...*slowly sinks into despair*)

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you do not create an alt account. You get screwed over in the weirdest ways possible :(

Bladelaw

I have one but it isn't skilled I don't think.

Nevermind it is just awoken. I threw it up though if you want to use it.
Gave it a go, I need the extra damage from Revo Hades to safely kill hamal in time, then dodging demonius's kill shot is iffy. Thanks for it though.

Giard

Somehow managed to pull a third Bride Eschamali. Jesus. I only wanted a second Izanami...

Are three of them on the same team overkill?

b33r

GCdqHO1.jpg

I don't recommend rolling, but i did just go all in. Only Sitri and Laila are dupes. So I'm quite happy right now.

W-00

One godfest pull, I got Fujin. This is good, yes?

The correct response to a Fujin pull (at least the first time it happens) is, "Fuck yeah!" Congrats.

I know this because even though my main is relatively low on stones, I decided to make a pull on it just now and got Fujin as well, and that was my reaction. Well, technically, my reactions was, "Nah, that can't be. I mean, I'm probably misremembering what they look like and that's just Raijin... Wait, that's actually Fujin? Fuck yeah!"

I made a couple rolls on my alt on each day. Day 1 was trash (Diadem #3 and Fuma Kotaro #2), but the pulls on the second day were reasonably good: Sherias Roots (good for SakuyaXTachibana) and Sumire #3 (sure, she's fallen out of favor, but I could make a decent team with them, Ryune, and Nene).

lol just cleared c10 solo with RMinerva after a couple of fail runs with dath.

I paired with Ilmina and had the dragon killer Tsubaki and Ilm as 2 of my subs. Pretty much got carried by killer awakenings lol.

Top Bottom