• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Squid Research Lab (news updates on the game)

tsundoku

Prototypes are the same as the sold ones since quite some time.

they always were? the prototypes are just cherry picked as the best ones that come out of the moulds and have their painting done really carefully
you can already see the closeups on the shoes that are going to be mangled in the mass production
the splatoon amiibos will look good regardless because its not a fire emblem with a line for a mouth and a tiny blobby head but fine details are always going to look like a 15$ piece of plastic

The Splatoon amiibo figures are really well made in retail too. I don't think cartoonish-looking amiibo figures have aesthetic troubles in general.

i know. i have all 8 of them

Geg

Yeah I don't know if the final amiibos will be the same as this but I hope they will. The Callie/Marie amiibos were ridiculously high quality

camaropilot

I can't wait for a Splatoon 2 Switch bundle with neon yellow joycons. Maybe we'll even get a neon yellow on one side and a new purple color on the other! I'll buy a Switch day one when that bundle is released.

Geg

Oh by the way the Japanese twitter said the squid logo thing from this morning is like the mascot of a transport or shipping company or something

Bahorel

Nintendo of Europe streamed the ESL Splatoon Tournament Grand Finals today, and Nogami got on stream to announce a new map called Humpback Pump Track.

It's an indoor BMX map that's pretty sizeable. Might be Blackbelly Skatepark spiritual successor.

I would kill for a speed mode with rollerblades or skateboards

Calm Mind

maxresdefault.jpg

Splatoon 2: Callie's Revenge

"The showdown of Callie versus Marie ended in victory for Marie, but there was no ill will between the two. The girls left the studio arm in arm, smiling and laughing as they always had. The bond between them would continue, unbroken, for years to come.

Or so it seemed at the time..."

f6e8e929ec7c0f49e42318827b4f5983.jpg

Things are getting interesting in the squid world.

J@hranimo

Banned
So there seems to be a Splatoon 2 article in the latest EDGE magazine including another Nogami interview and someone brought this to my attention:

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/edge/20170427/281547995785244

Though with just two maps, one brand-new main weapon and a single game type, we're left with as many questions as answers. Happily, Nogami is able to answer some of them, including the reason behind the team's decision to limit the map rotation to two at a time. ”We feel that part of the gameplay is actually selecting which weapons would be best for that combination of two maps," he explains. ”In Splatoon 2, the maps rotate every two hours, so it'll be a much faster cycle than the previous game."

Nogami confirms that map rotations will be two hours in Splatoon 2 instead of the four hours we had in Splatoon 1. Another great change imo. More map types and game modes throughout the day! If someone wanted to make a new thread on this I guess then by all means, go for it.

ryechu

So there seems to be a Splatoon 2 article in the latest EDGE magazine including another Nogami interview and someone brought this to my attention:

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/edge/20170427/281547995785244

Nogami confirms that map rotations will be two hours in Splatoon 2 instead of the four hours we had in Splatoon 1. Another great change imo. More map types and game modes throughout the day! If someone wanted to make a new thread on this I guess then by all means, go for it.

Thank god. Now if they make Squad and Ranked have different rotations, or even have separate playlists for the different modes whether they stay exclusive to ranked or not, my primary complaint about the first game will be completely fixed.

Personally I would add an unranked rotating playlist that cycles through the non TW modes, and Squads, Ranked and this unranked playlist would all be on separate map and mode cycles. You can join friends in the unranked playlist just as you can in the TW playlist and teams are randomized just like in TW.

J@hranimo

Banned
Thank god. Now if they make Squad and Ranked have different rotations, or even have separate playlists for the different modes whether they stay exclusive to ranked or not, my primary complaint about the first game will be completely fixed.

Personally I would add an unranked rotating playlist that cycles through the non TW modes, and Squads, Ranked and this unranked playlist would all be on separate map and mode cycles. You can join friends in the unranked playlist just as you can in the TW playlist and teams are randomized just like in TW.

Yep, this is something I greatly want too. They could even have it to where Turf War was choosing any map instead of rotations and have the other modes purely be rotations in an attempt to reinforce players to try different weapons for the different maps.

D.Lo

I would love a ranked Turf Wars and unranked other modes.

I basically only play Splat Zones and Rainmaker because they were the only ones I could hold alone if my team sucked. Tower control was fun but too brutal for my ranking.

Calm Mind

I have this sneaking suspicion that Nintendo is going to have a promotional clothing line at UNIQLO for Splatoon 2.

Top Bottom