• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is only one hard story content in the game and no amount of 5* will save you from the hell that is Camelot. You need an all-rounded Servant pool of varying types to beat that content.

You can solo Tristan with fucking Asterios, and make NP-spammer Mordred (and I mean fire her NP every fucking turn) unable to do shit with a team built around being able to spam Asterios' NP, and he's a one-star Berserker. That's pretty much proof that stars don't mean shit if you've got properly-prepared Servants and the right team composition to deal with a problem.

Basoes

I forced my way through camelot with Nero Bride, assassin Shiki, and Kuro all with 2030 CE, and crit art spammed my way

kept a np3 Ibaraki Douji as backup

T-Rex.

Banned
"I'm so sorry, I'm afraid I ran out of salvation today" heh. Saving my quartz for best girl gacha will be tough, but I will get Jeanne Alter this time around

Tonton

I think yall are greatly exaggerating the translation issues. lmao. You want to see a legit bad localization? Have you played Tales of Hearts R? lmao.

I mean, it haven't really turned me off from playing this game i was planning on playing for free anyways, but i'm not gonna pretend it's fine, specially since i was coming mostly for the story

studyguy

I finally settled on a pull that gave me Atilla, Herc and a Kaleidoscope.
Now to actually figure out how to play the game proper.

Rolled the Sadistic Trio (Vlad, Carmilla, Liz) and a Kaleidoscope.

Now I don't know if I should keep:

Altera, Tamamo CAT, Atalante, Martha
Vlad, Carmilla, Liz, Kaleidoscope

I have the Altria account too, it just has Altria and Carmilla.

Sigh. Maybe I'll just keep rerolling for awhile and see what else I get.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm not an expert in the game but I used Vlad from a friend and he seemed pretty cool.

Azusa

You will never stop then.

Altera, Tamamo CAT, Atalante, Martha is a great account.
Vlad, Carmilla, Liz, Kaleidoscope is a great account.
Altria and Carmilla. is a good account but the other two are better.

Pick 1st or 2nd and play.

First impression is really good. I like the visual novel style and the battle system. Production value seems really high, maybe the best of all gacha-games I've played.

But I have very little time at the moment because of work, work and more work :(

Only did one pull and got d'Eon as my 4* unit. Mainly using Lily and her at the moment.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
First impression is really good. I like the visual novel style and the battle system. Production value seems really high, maybe the best of all gacha-games I've played.

But I have very little time at the moment because of work, work and more work :(

Only did one pull and got d'Eon as my 4* unit. Mainly using Lily and her at the moment.

Uhhh. I got news for you about d'Eon....

xequalsy

What should I do with characters that I have more than once?
Go to enhance and merge them to level up their Noble Phantasms. If you already have something at NP5 (4 merges), then if it's a 3* or above, you can burn it in the shop if you like. 1*/2* do whatever with, they give almost no QP when sold and don't give a lot of exp either.

Pejo

Man... I just noticed that the daily quests only give out a specific class's XP cards. I kept wondering why it was so rider/saber heavy.

Well, I got Medusa ascended and up to mid 30s at least. I should be able to reliably beat the level 30 stage soon, should make this easier I'd assume. For now, it still gets a little hairy on the 3rd wave if one of my team takes an unlucky crit. At least it forced me to use and understand the command seal mechanic though.

Pejo

Are there ways or materials to level NP's with other than duplicate servant cards? Leveling a 5*'s NP would be a real bastard if not.

So there is a companion Anime to the whole prologue of this game. It's not too bad and stays pretty faithful to the game script.

K9eXJEU.jpg

http://www.crunchyroll.com/fategran...rst-order-fate-grand-order-first-order-728169

So I started up the game, did my first roll, got pretty meh stuff, lots of craft essences and the only 4* was the guaranteed one, and it was Siegfried. Then I did the second roll and got even worse, no 4*s at all. I was feeling pretty dejected but I decided I would use up the remaining Saint Quartz on single pulls before rerolling. On my second solo pull I got Waver! Wow I can't believe my luck. No rerolls for me. I'll probably grab Herc as my free 4* later when that happens so I think I'll be set for a while.

chrono01

So I started up the game, did my first roll, got pretty meh stuff, lots of craft essences and the only 4* was the guaranteed one, and it was Siegfried. Then I did the second roll and got even worse, no 4*s at all. I was feeling pretty dejected but I decided I would use up the remaining Saint Quartz on single pulls before rerolling. On my second solo pull I got Waver! Wow I can't believe my luck. No rerolls for me. I'll probably grab Herc as my free 4* later when that happens so I think I'll be set for a while.
You're set, man. Congrats!

I'm waiting for that Heracles too. I need that strong DPS character, haha.

Also, need that Caster daily so I can level Waver!

Uthred

I think with games like these, what ultimately ends up getting hooked are the social features, be them weekly ranked challenges or co-op elements like guilds, multiplayer, and/or collaboration of any sort.

My opinions almost diametrically opposed to this, the "social features" in most gacha games are the spend drivers and are where the abyss between F2P (or low spend) players and Whales is most evident. It's also the area most affected by power creep. Its honestly a breath of fresh air not to have to bother with that nonsense here.

chrono01

My opinions almost diametrically opposed to this, the "social features" in most gacha games are the spend drivers and are where the abyss between F2P (or low spend) players and Whales is most evident. It's also the area most affected by power creep. Its honestly a breath of fresh air not to have to bother with that nonsense here.
Same here.

I hate feeling "obligated" to log in and do guild events and such, it becomes more of a job than something fun I can pick up and play. Really enjoying Fate/GO so far, since I can just progress at my own pace.

Permanently A

My best units are Vlad and Emiya, should I start pumping them with the XP cards we have or is there any reason to keep them low level?

What does "NP Speed Normal" option mean?

chrono01

hmm you know this really ain't for me. got a waver account up for grabs if anyone wants it. it's at orleans.
I bet your PM box is full right about now, huh? That Waver hype!

Sorry to hear about you losing interest, though. I'm pretty addicted to it personally.

Quonny

My best units are Vlad and Emiya, should I start pumping them with the XP cards we have or is there any reason to keep them low level?

What does "NP Speed Normal" option mean?
It just changes the battle speed to normal only during Noble Phantasms so you can appreciate how they look.

Basoes

Herc 40, Emiya 39, Jeanne 28, when I get Emiya to 40 I'll work on getting Jeanne to 50, ascend her, and Herc then go back on with the story

Basoes

Gee, how do you level up so fast.

the 30 and 40ap exp quests, the 40 gives about 8 gold exp cards

you also level up so fast doing them you have a ton of AP so you can keep going and going

edit- oh wow didn't notice that I became a member

Alucrid

Banned
I bet your PM box is full right about now, huh? That Waver hype!

Sorry to hear about you losing interest, though. I'm pretty addicted to it personally.

haha, zero so far. but yeah it's probably a combination of not knowing the franchise (i gave up on the story halfway through the prologue) and the fact that it's tough to split time between this and FE:H for me. at least someone will benefit from me rerolls

haha, zero so far. but yeah it's probably a combination of not knowing the franchise (i gave up on the story halfway through the prologue) and the fact that it's tough to split time between this and FE:H for me. at least someone will benefit from me rerolls

It's basically a game tailor made for fans of the franchise. It barely even tries to explain the terminology and lore of the universe in the prologue because you either know all this already or you shouldn't be playing this lol.

Is it Kojiro specifically or any decent Assassin? I have Siegfried, so I was gonna rely on his anti-dragon stuff mainly along with Hassan, but I also have Kojiro.

Kojiro specifically is a meme because he's a 1* so you can get tons of him, glue 5 of him together to Max his NP, level him to his low cap easily, and just go to town on the dragons by spamming his NP over and over.

The mystery is how he got to France in the first place. He is after all bound to Ryuudou Temple and cannot leave that place.

Basoes

If I'm going to do a few re-rolls, any specific units I should be aiming for?

Not really, it's pretty much roll for husbando or waifu but Herc is amazing for damage but dies fast, and Waver is the best support, but he doesn't shine till late game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom