• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

iratA

Played some Arizona Sunshine on the PRO with the PSVR AIM, honestly I'm having quite a good time so far. The first rifle was a little hard to use the iron sights as they are so small (although I was still scoring head shots) but later there are some great guns, etc with bigger and better sights. I think the game is exactly the kind of experience I was looking for after Farpoint. That being; another campaign VR game, with a focus on adventure, exploration and good use of my new AIM controller. Only an hour or so in, but so far so good. There is still quite a lot of Jaggies in the environment, even on the PRO, but its far from a bad looking game and the game actually looks quite nice in places too. If I had to rate it right now I'd be giving it something like a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Grinchy

Banned
I was thinking of adding a Weekly Deals Section to the OP for the viewers in this thread what do you think?

I like the idea a lot. I just hope it's worth the effort. I doubt many people think to check the OP in long threads like these. That would be a great resource each week, though.

panda-zebra

Tumble VR has some bad wobble with the moves but regardless of that I ended up having like a 3 hour session with it, its a lot of fun.

Don't think that's a game issue as it was surprisingly steady here, game would be pretty unplayable without good tracking.

I was thinking of adding a Weekly Deals Section to the OP for the viewers in this thread what do you think?

If you can keep on top of that it'd be incredibly handy for those who buy from the US store.
Played some Arizona Sunshine on the PRO with the PSVR AIM, honestly I'm having quite a good time so far. The first rifle was a little hard to use the iron sights as they are so small (although I was still scoring head shots) but later there are some great guns, etc with bigger and better sights. I think the game is exactly the kind of experience I was looking for after Farpoint. That being; another campaign VR game, with a focus on adventure, exploration and good use of my new AIM controller. Only an hour or so in, but so far so good. There is still quite a lot of Jaggies in the environment, even on the PRO, but its far from a bad looking game and the game actually looks quite nice in places too. If I had to rate it right now I'd be giving it something like a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Thanks for the info. Too expensive to risk given what others have said though, I'd need a demo at this point having such wildly differing reactions in the reviews, I'd have to be sure I would be getting a satisfying experience and not something that's going to actively piss me off. I can live with jaggies even on my Pro, but if the shooting is off or feels wrong, there really isn't much point.

MattAces

Damn you man, damn you, I was about to hop onto the nope zone and you pulled me back to the fence. *extra note, the game seems to be jaggy in every platform including PC, you can really see how jaggy it is from vive trailer and gameplay video.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I'm not sure what's going on with Arizona Sunshine -- Reddit seems to be ripping on it pretty hard. Not sure if it's worth $35 with the discount.

iratA

Damn you man, damn you, I was about to hop onto the nope zone and you pulled me back to the fence. *extra note, the game seems to be jaggy in every platform including PC, you can really see how jaggy it is from vive trailer and gameplay video.

Hahaha, sorry Matt. Still, gotta say I think its got its hooks into me already, the next chance I get to do some gaming this will be the one I fire up for sure. Is it worth its price tag? That's a question I can't really answer right now though. The game isn't as polished as Farpoint that much is clear already, it has a few rough edges, but shooting Zombies with the AIM is fun for sure.

Champloo4

Awesome! Just in time for these sales too.
Also the usual tip for new players : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241717344&postcount=2923
And free stuff compiled by Joystick : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241844484&postcount=2972 (there are still some weird demos in China PSN)
I hope you've been following this thread for awhile because there's quite a lot of information lately!

Thanks for the links. And yes, I follow this thread very closely. Get my VR fix!

panda-zebra

Also Surprise, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XJ69T3W/

Syndrome got a new date yet a-freaking-gain. End of July.
The only VR game that we have ZERO information what it is about or if it is actually a full VR game.
I gave up on this game, The Persistence is coming.

I read on their site that it's not the full game but a separate mode of "last man standing". No idea if this is multiplayer or vs AI, but it doesn't seem likely it'll be worth the full asking price of the game just for that VR add-on. They say their next game will have full VR support.

MattAces

I notice that the OP didn't mention any of these games, it was announced before I joined here and I've only updated these in reddit previously when I was active there.
And Here's the official site introducing this entire thing : https://www.playstation.com.cn/chinaheroproject/index.html

The Walker by Haymaker
Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iigLUBwubWg
1bdWedh.png

g2_t5.jpg

This game will feature PvP, magic, shooting, zombies in a weird dark setting.
They are aiming for a AAA quality (though the footage looks rough)
http://www.haymakergame.com/index.php?s=/Home/Article/detail/id/30.html
Pervader VR by Light Digital
Weird Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0K-EkYyHhg
Weird Demo : http://static.qifeiye.com/caches/8a...gxNjYxZmQud2VibQ_p_p100_p_3D_p_p100_p_3D.webm
ban6.jpg

As for the info, I have no freaking idea what this is. They mention something about playing different characters in the story to experience different point of view and gameplay.
http://www.light-digital.com/
Human Saving Plan (?)
Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5qrCl4BFQ
g4_t1.jpg

ABUIABACGAAgzoyJxgUowIirtgEwkw048wc.jpg

ABUIABACGAAggoqJxgUouq6sqQMwgA84uAg.jpg

Now this is the weirdest shit you will ever see. I actually played this and LOVE it. It's really bizarre but intensively fun. It's basically a tower defense game where you suspend the animal in the air to kill enemies while trying to save humans parachuting everywhere. Yes. Demo available in PSN China store.
http://www.is-vr.com/

And the rest are previously announced/known titles, some new images

Project Boundary
g1_t3.jpg

g1_t2.jpg

g1_t1.jpg

g1_t4.jpg

124558.jpg

124555.jpg

Kill X
Trailer : https://www.playstation.com.cn/chinaheroproject/hero_page3.html *Scroll down*
g3_t2.jpg

g3_t1.jpg

g3_t4.jpg

It has a weird TPS mode now(?) But still reconfirmed as VR support.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
There are a lot of sales on NA store.

Ace Banana is 60% off $14.99 -> $5.99
Arizona Sunshine is 10% off $39.99 -> $35.99
Ancient Amuletor is 20% off $19.99 -> $15.99
Battlezone is 50% off $39.99 -> $19.99
Bound is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Catlateral Damage 70% off $9.99 -> $2.99
Chess Ultra 10% off $12.99 -> $11.69
Time Machine VR 60% off $29.99 -> $11.99
Melvis: a VR Adventure 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Trackmania Turbo 60% off $39.99 -> $15.99
Pixel Gear 60% off $10.99 -> $4.39
Space Rift - Episode 1 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Here They Lie is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Hustle Kings is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Nebulous is 70% off $14.99 -> $4.49
Tumble VR is 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99
VR Words is 65% off $39.99 -> $13.99
Dying Reborn is 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99
Rigs is 60% off $49.99 -> $19.99
Until Dawn is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Super Stradust Ultra VR 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality 40% off $19.99 -> $11.99
The Assembly is 60% off $29.99 -> $11.99
Unearthing Mars 60% off $14.99 - $5.99
Weeping Doll 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99

I recommend Bound, Rigs, Here They Lie, Until Dawn, VR Worlds, Tumble VR, and The Assembly.

Is Battlezone any easier now?

majik13

I notice that the OP didn't mention any of these games, it was announced before I joined here and I've only updated these in reddit previously when I was active there.
And Here's the official site introducing this entire thing : https://www.playstation.com.cn/chinaheroproject/index.html
Some videos are uploaded by UploadVR channel (I actually helped them to find these videos previously, heh)

And the rest are previously announced/known titles, some new images

Thanks for these, and wtf at that Pervader demo. Icarus part seems like it could be cool though.

Project Boundry looks cool. I remember watching the trailer last year from that China conference.

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_56WmzglFA

Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXl1I-3JR1Y

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Catlateral damage is absolute garbage. Don't even bother wasting $3 on it.

It's basically teleporting around a few rooms and pushing around physics objects. That's it. No gameplay, just "LOL you're kind of a cat I guess and look you can push stuff".

Is the community for RIGS dead? Really loved the game when I tried it at PSX a couple years back.

At 19.99 its tempting but I know its likely inactive online :(

darkwing

does RIGS have online bots like Eve? it's what I like about Eve, unfilled player slots gets filled up by bots so you are never going to wait while waiting for a game

Thewonandonly

Damn this was my experience at gamestop today. Part of it has to do with farpoint but most of it has to do with neir tho and I just copied and pasted but I thought it would work here because it shows what gamestop things of farpoint :(

But I went to gamestop to trade in all my games for the 70% bonus. So first I ask expecting and getting a no if they have farpoint. But instead of saying no this guy says no then goes on a tirade about how he hopes Sony doesn't make anymore so it shows people that they need to pre order for reasons then tells me I'm dumb for expecting them to have some. Well alright haha my bad.

Then I go to plan B and get this game. He looks up and is like are you sure you want to get this game. You have 65 bucks just sitten here and a lot of games are coming out don't you want to devide it and start paying off all the games that are coming out. I say no I need something to play for summer thinking the will be the end. Then his like well are you sure you don't want this game called portal knight it's really good. I say no politely and he ask again saying "your just going to randomly jump into neir but you have someone recommending a great game and your going to say no". Again I politely say no and he says "allrifht man your loss just don't complain to me when you want to return it for like 25% value"

Like damn that is why I hate gamestop. Dude bombarding me with pre order info. Like I love destiny and CoD like most gamers but shit sometimes I want to play a masterpiece and I'm going for the trifecta or quadfecta after beating Zelda, persona 5, then I'm going to finish persona golden and neir :)
Damn this year has been absoulutly bonkers :O

Damn this was my experience at gamestop today. Part of it has to do with farpoint but most of it has to do with neir tho and I just copied and pasted but I thought it would work here because it shows what gamestop things of farpoint :(
One dumbass employee's opinion is not what GameStop thinks of Farpoint. In fact they probably wanted more stock because it sold out so fast. GameStop is interested in money. Selling the AIM controller = money :p

Glix

But I went to gamestop to trade in all my games for the 70% bonus. So first I ask expecting and getting a no if they have farpoint. But instead of saying no this guy says no then goes on a tirade about how he hopes Sony doesn't make anymore so it shows people that they need to pre order for reasons then tells me I'm dumb for expecting them to have some. Well alright haha my bad.

Then I go to plan B and get this game. He looks up and is like are you sure you want to get this game. You have 65 bucks just sitten here and a lot of games are coming out don't you want to devide it and start paying off all the games that are coming out. I say no I need something to play for summer thinking the will be the end. Then his like well are you sure you don't want this game called portal knight it's really good. I say no politely and he ask again saying "your just going to randomly jump into neir but you have someone recommending a great game and your going to say no". Again I politely say no and he says "allrifht man your loss just don't complain to me when you want to return it for like 25% value"

Like damn that is why I hate gamestop. Dude bombarding me with pre order info. Like I love destiny and CoD like most gamers but shit sometimes I want to play a masterpiece and I'm going for the trifecta or quadfecta after beating Zelda, persona 5, then I'm going to finish persona golden and neir :)
Damn this year has been absoulutly bonkers :O

Should have told this obnoxious piece of shit that your GAF user friend Glix went into GS to preorder the Aim bundle 4 days before launch and that preorders were "closed" at all gamestop locations.

Then you should have told him to go fuck himself.

Grinchy

Banned
I tried some more Arizona Sunshine today, but I used the Moves this time. The controls are funky as hell. Maybe I'd get used to them, but I just find the game so clunky and unfun to play. I don't think I'll ever get to that point of the controls feeling more natural because I tire of the game itself too quickly.

I did start up a 1-player campaign for a couple minutes while waiting for someone. It felt a little bit more solid. Maybe the co-op just runs worse or something. There's some design funkiness like if you go up on a roof without your partner, there's nothing there. Then when he goes up a ladder to come toward you, all the enemies suddenly spawn next to you and wipe you out.

It just feels like such a cheaply-made game. I couldn't be more disappointed. I've never felt like deleting a newly-purchased game so quickly before.

darkwing

I tried some more Arizona Sunshine today, but I used the Moves this time. The controls are funky as hell. Maybe I'd get used to them, but I just find the game so clunky and unfun to play. I don't think I'll ever get to that point of the controls feeling more natural because I tire of the game itself too quickly.

I did start up a 1-player campaign for a couple minutes while waiting for someone. It felt a little bit more solid. Maybe the co-op just runs worse or something. There's some design funkiness like if you go up on a roof without your partner, there's nothing there. Then when he goes up a ladder to come toward you, all the enemies suddenly spawn next to you and wipe you out.

It just feels like such a cheaply-made game. I couldn't be more disappointed. I've never felt like deleting a newly-purchased game so quickly before.

so is it worth $40? or $36 for the 1 week discount

TheMan

Yup, going to request a refund if I can. I know it's a long shot, but I'd rather have mervils and battlezone (and still save 10 bucks.) I was super excited for this game.

Wait for a deep sale. Watch davestation, without parole, or PSVR Frank for reviews. They all pan it, and they're all right to do so.

darkwing

Get RIGS, people. One of the best VR games out there.

yup, might as well get it rather than AS

Yup, going to request a refund if I can. I know it's a long shot, but I'd rather have mervils and battlezone (and still save 10 bucks.) I was super excited for this game.

Wait for a deep sale. Watch davestation, without parole, or PSVR Frank for reviews. They all pan it, and they're all right to do so.

lol yup I actually subscribed to them for PSVR games stuff, they are actually very disappointed about it after getting hyped for the release

Has the Spider-Man experience dropped yet? I'm in meetings all day today so I can't check. Oh and don't bother with Arizona Sunshine until fixes come in. Audio quality is some of the worst I've heard since the Rambo on-rails shooter that came out years ago, tracking and the controls in general are borked and there's terrible gun drift. Not worth it at the moment.

Champloo4

Has the Spider-Man experience dropped yet? I'm in meetings all day today so I can't check. Oh and don't bother with Arizona Sunshine until fixes come in. Audio quality is some of the worst I've heard since the Rambo on-rails shooter that came out years ago, tracking and the controls in general are borked and there's terrible gun drift. Not worth it at the moment.

This article says 6/30 for Spidey.
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-homecoming-vr-experience-comes-psvr-june-30/

Champloo4

Question regarding Tethered. I bought it last week during the sale and love it so far. Spent 45 minutes on the tutorial alone. :)

Played the first level/island last night. Does it have an ending? It just kept going and going. Eventually had to turn it off and go to sleep. But I am wondering if there is a key objective that I missed.

I assume each level has a unique objective? Or is it just "build all the stuff until your little dudes are maxed out"?

Question regarding Tethered. I bought it last week during the sale and love it so far. Spent 45 minutes on the tutorial alone. :)

Played the first level/island last night. Does it have an ending? It just kept going and going. Eventually had to turn it off and go to sleep. But I am wondering if there is a key objective that I missed.

I assume each level has a unique objective? Or is it just "build all the stuff until your little dudes are maxed out"?

You collect blue floating orbs. Each island has a certain amount to be collected.

Champloo4

You collect blue floating orbs. Each island has a certain amount to be collected.

Okay cool. I overlooked that. I have been collecting them, so I must be close. Thank you!

Also, once your little dudes are walking to their doom - is there a way to change their mind? I tried giving them sunshine or rainbows. Poor lil' guy.

Okay cool. I overlooked that. I have been collecting them, so I must be close. Thank you!

Also, once your little dudes are walking to their doom - is there a way to change their mind? I tried giving them sunshine or rainbows. Poor lil' guy.

As far as I know, rainbow is the only way to reverse that.

Grinchy

Banned

Fuck no. Stay away from this game.

I feel like the only reason it got any positive hype from PC players is because maybe it was out during a time when quality games weren't around. It is so far behind the quality of PSVR games that it's laughable.

dmix90

havent played either, but at least Vive version has shadows for characters,and richer colors? Or maybe that is just different areas.
Same areas. I guess it's possible that social screen psvr capture looks worse than what you see in a headset but i doubt it's that much different. I see huge downgrade in all areas: lack of character + most of environment shadows, mesh quality, lighting, flat ground and environment textures, shaders :(

Fuckin Jaguar...

Top Bottom