• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken IOS / Android announcement trailer

killercow

But the controls are still atrocious.

Don't reply to this post with umpteen expensive controller shells please.

Are you talking about this game particularly? Have you played it yet?

If not and talking about mobile in general, you need to play games built with touch and mobile in mind, they feel natural and some feel better than their PC/Console counterpart. It's all about how you do it, the platform itself is fine.

Card Boy

Banned
But the controls are still atrocious.

Don't reply to this post with umpteen expensive controller shells please.

I got this.

sku_413500_1.jpg

I'm sure you can also hook up a PS4 controller to it.

Yo, why this mobile version has more colorful and cool lookin' stages than the majority in Tekken 7? ._.

Looks good, will try it but I think my phone will not be powerful enough, Injustice 2 was already too slow.

ibrahima

Banned
"What's your next move" is a somewhat acceptable tag line.

I would have gone for "Get ready for the next bus trip".

I wonder who the weird masked guy in the Kazuya key art is.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
This a good example that mobile has surpassed Vita in terms of visual.

MrCow

people that are saying this looks better than switch or Vita are out of their mind ...

also how will this even control? a game like Tekken requires precise controls that touch screens can't deliver.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good looking game - not surprising considering the hardware capabilities of modern smartphones.

this happened years ago.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I'm not so sure, sadly no game really pushed Vita visuals other than Killzone Mercenary, if that looked so good allowing free 3d movement on open levels with many enemies we can only imagine how would have looked a game that really pushed vita with just 2 fighters with fixed camera on a close environment :\ I guess it would have looked close to a ps3 tekken.

Playsage

I'm surprised they even remember that Asuka has that outfit...

And now I'm mad it's not in T7

What's the game engine for this? Those Marduk and Christie model don't look updated at all

@MUWANdo

Banned
I'm not so sure, sadly no game really pushed Vita visuals other than Killzone Mercenary, if that looked so good allowing free 3d movement on open levels with many enemies we can only imagine how would have looked a game that really pushed vita with just 2 fighters with fixed camera on a close environment :\ I guess it would have looked close to a ps3 tekken.

Vita had a bunch of fighting games, including a Dead or Alive game which is probably the closest comparison to Tekken.

Just downloaded this game from the Canadian store, avoid this crap at all cost, the only thing good about the game are the graphics, this is a heavily dumbed down version of Tekken with barely any gameplay, just tapping the screen for pre-configured combos and loot boxes for the chance of new cards with new attributes and new fighters.
Really disappointed, this could have been a nice little pocket fighter, but they went the other way completely.

Ninja Dom

I'm not so sure, sadly no game really pushed Vita visuals other than Killzone Mercenary, if that looked so good allowing free 3d movement on open levels with many enemies we can only imagine how would have looked a game that really pushed vita with just 2 fighters with fixed camera on a close environment : I guess it would have looked close to a ps3 tekken.

The Vita GPU is the same or very similar to the GPU in an iPad 3rd Gen (2012). While KM looks fantastic, the GPU's on modern mobile phones can employ graphics far beyond what the Vita can achieve. But I don't know if any mobile game has decided to push intense graphics.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Just downloaded this game from the Canadian store, avoid this crap at all cost, the only thing good about the game are the graphics, this is a heavily dumbed down version of Tekken with barely any gameplay, just tapping the screen for pre-configured combos and loot boxes for the chance of new cards with new attributes and new fighters.
Really disappointed, this could have been a nice little pocket fighter, but they went the other way completely.

Meh. At least it looks and performs good? Which hardware?

Top Bottom