• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Socreges

Banned

I'll be in my bunk
NMkDjJP2ZC29G.gif

first time there? there's some pretty cool tourist traps to hit up in the downtown area

Yep!

And yeah I went and saw the Bean and walked around the gardens quite a bit then walked around all buildings. Saw the waterfront as well. Really cool stuff.

Favorite part was the place I ate at.... really unique but I also got a chicago dog at portillos

Socreges

Banned
Sometimes I wonder how many people who are talking about hockey, or videogames, or whatever...are either not aware of what's happening with Trump/FBI or don't care. Or maybe they all care a lot but you have to go on as if everything is normal so you separate the incredible political situation from the rest of your life...? 🤔

RC

Banned
Sometimes I wonder how many people who are talking about hockey, or videogames, or whatever...are either not aware of what's happening with Trump/FBI or don't care. Or maybe they all care a lot but you have to go on as if everything is normal so you separate the incredible political situation from the rest of your life...? 🤔

Can't hear you Soc, the Star Trek Discovery trailer just dropped.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I find time keep up with what's going on. It is mind boggling.

Weevilone

I hadn't been paying attention, but apparently the Blues will "share" the Chicago Wolves with Vegas next season. Word is that the Blues will have an AHL farm team in Kansas City for the following season.

Conspiracy theories as to why STL would do this seem to lean toward Vegas taking an albatross contract off our hands in the expansion draft.

I'm just incredibly pessimistic and think nothing will come of it.

imBask

Banned
Sometimes I wonder how many people who are talking about hockey, or videogames, or whatever...are either not aware of what's happening with Trump/FBI or don't care. Or maybe they all care a lot but you have to go on as if everything is normal so you separate the incredible political situation from the rest of your life...? ��

1) I already keep up with Canadian politics but i'm not interested enough to follow american politics on a daily basis
2) hobbies are usually an escape from this trash
3) i'd rather not be depressed every single day of my life

i'm aware that things are happening, I just don't go out of my way to read every single article and thread about Mike Pence's latest goof... at some point you can't be interested in everything in life, you have to pick your battles.
I'm pretty sure most Americans don't know anything about Canadian politics and I don't blame them

I try to ignore the American Politics, but it's becoming hard not to look at.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So the Rangers posted an interview with Neal Pionk, and it seems pretty obvious from it that the Rangers made it clear to him that he would have an opportunity to step right in and play on the main roster.

"It was an extremely hard decision," Pionk told NYRangers.com in a phone interview. "It's been an absolute dream come true [to play for Minnesota Duluth] … but the decision to leave was based on opportunity. I saw there was an interest with a various number of teams and there was an opportunity for a right-handed defenseman to potentially step up and play."

That success led to an opportunity at the next level for Pionk, who had his pick of teams but ultimately chose New York for several, including the play style of head coach Alain Vigneault and the team's run of recent success.

The 6-foot, 190-pound blueliner said he is a "puck carrying, two-way defenseman" that can "provide an offensive side to my game that can help the [Rangers]."

o7 Dan Girardi

nqsPPY8.jpg

The latter.

I care a lot. I just try to stay away from it on GAF specifically. I just wanna escape from all that so I stick to the threads I am subbed to which are hockey and gaming related.

I used to be super active in politics but I was active at the "wrong" time as I should get back into what I used to do now more than ever.

Curufinwe

I hadn't been paying attention, but apparently the Blues will "share" the Chicago Wolves with Vegas next season. Word is that the Blues will have an AHL farm team in Kansas City for the following season.

Conspiracy theories as to why STL would do this seem to lean toward Vegas taking an albatross contract off our hands in the expansion draft.

Lehtera maybe? His contract isn't that bad with two years left at $4.7m.

Weevilone

Lehtera maybe? His contract isn't that bad with two years left at $4.7m.

I would think Lehtera, yeah. It's not horrible in the grand scheme, but Army needs to make Parayko a rich kid sooner rather than later and cap space is an issue. Fabbri and Edmundson will need to get paid too, but there's a bit more time.

Top Bottom