• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I'd hate to play that version of the game honestly.

I agree there is some health buff tweaking that needs to happen but weapon damage is completely fine IMHO. Hell, if anything i think there are certain weapons that need to do MORE damage.
Game is still too rng based. Lucky rng headshots are how you win fights in FNBR, while aiming skill is how you win in most modern non-hitscan shooters.

I can aim at a dude head and miss not because my aim is bad but due to rng. It feels horrible to die this way.

Also, I do agree that headshot damage should be lowered. 1 headshot and two body shots should kill with ARs and no shield. Right now it is 1 headshot and 1 body shot to kill.

So make a AR headshot do around 60 damage and body shots do 33. Also, increase the shield potion drop rate to be similar to level 2 pubg armor drops.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Is it wrong that I don’t even feel guilty.....?

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/iTs sKiTz/video/37657467

A kill is a kill and whatever it takes to win outside of cheating.

Thats what I love about games like this many different styles of play.

I also camp whenever I can and have double digit wins approaching 20 some of which I just killed the last person as my only kill.

Its called last man standing not see who can get 20 kills and die, its not CoD.

I also camp whenever I can and have double digit wins approaching 20 some of which I just killed the last person as my only kill.

Damn right. :)

A purple scoped AR now does 24 damage. That's 5 body shots without armour.

Doesn't matter when you can hitscan headshot people from across the map that can barely see you. They're still more effective than snipers if you use them right.

I still consider them an "I win" button.

The damage nerf was necessary, but that doesn't stop them from being the most effective range weapon in the game. Sure, I'll snipe someone standing still, but if someone is running across the map I'll take the gun that has damn near perfect accuracy and can headshot reliably so long as I can keep my crosshair on them.

sKiTz

Thank you, completely agree..I don’t think I’ve played a multiplayer shooter where I can just have fun and do my own thing.

Can’t wait for PUBG to come to Xbox now, I’m craving this type of game now I’ve had a taste with Fortnite.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Thank you, completely agree..I don’t think I’ve played a multiplayer shooter where I can just have fun and do my own thing.

Can’t wait for PUBG to come to Xbox now, I’m craving this type of game now I’ve had a taste with Fortnite.

I LOVE the stealth style of gameplay.

Give me a silenced weapon and ghillie suit in future updates and I would love this game even more.

Gator86

Agreed. Id totally be down with the multi shield set-up if we dont get boosters.

Oh i'm totally with ya. Id much prefer they to have armor pieces instead of shields so there is visual indication. They could do the Islands of Nyne method where if you pick up a shield you glow making you easier to see with the buff. Risk/reward. You want more health you stand out more.

I'm not sure you need to stand out more, but something to tell players this person is not vulnerable like you are would be nice. Going from "I've got the drop on this guy" to them eating all your bullets and getting into cover while you've exposed yourself is a bad situation and discourages weighing cost-benefit of your actions because of the uncertainty. I hope they come up with something.

*Splinter

I think shield potions are fine as they are tbh. I can't tell the difference between someone with 1 or 100 health either, or see what equipment they're carrying, or how many teammates they have. Wouldn't expect perfect info when tackling an unknown enemy.

More urgent fixes for me are shoulder swap and reduced headshot bonus.

Doesn't matter when you can hitscan headshot people from across the map that can barely see you. They're still more effective than snipers if you use them right.

I still consider them an "I win" button.

The damage nerf was necessary, but that doesn't stop them from being the most effective range weapon in the game. Sure, I'll snipe someone standing still, but if someone is running across the map I'll take the gun that had damn near perfect accuracy and can headshot them reliably so long as I can keep my crosshair on them.

The gold AR would have done that faster. But you do have a point about the hitscan. Past medium distance they are more effective, but I'm never confident it's a guarantee kill. And I certainly wouldn't want to do it against any sniper rifle. Even with bullet drop, it only takes a couple of hits. Also, you are using a mouse. It's a lot more difficult using a scope on PS4, because the sensitivity setting are across the board. Slowing down a scope also slows down normal play, so you tend to get an overly responsive scope. If they were separate, I might have a different opinion.

sp3ctr3

Game is still too rng based. Lucky rng headshots are how you win fights in FNBR, while aiming skill is how you win in most modern non-hitscan shooters.

I can aim at a dude head and miss not because my aim is bad but due to rng. It feels horrible to die this way.

On the top of my wishlist too. Line up a perfects shot with the AR and completely miss. WTF!?

majik13

Bigger map would require quite a big redesign to the gameplay. You need, as you said, either more time to fly or faster locomotion out of the bus, you need faster land locomotion as well, so vehicles. Loot distribution, ammo quantities, etc would have to be rethought else people would be swimming in gear by the end (already happens to an extent, but would get way worse). Circle timings and movement speed would have to be massively tweaked, as well.

The whole game loop would change and would be much slower, probably.

Not sure if it would require much redesign. At minimum, probably just slowing down the storm cycles, and having the bus come in at a higher altitude, would accommodate most issues.

Having vehicles would be a nice addition though.

Character progression and customization are tops on my want list before doing anything with the map or even adding more weapons.

They said that is coming in the next few weeks...

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Been too long since I've posted anything ITT.
latest

We had a forecast of raining nades!
sh8bGU0.gif

tzfU9xS.gif

Poor bastard never stood a chance.

People don't seem to know how to play this game yet... or just dont realizez how long it takes to run into the circle. I'm running in thinking I might not make it, and I have people running AWAY from the circle right towards me. Then I get into these fights which just drag out, and then I know I definitely won't make it in. And I still have people trying to pick fights.

And yeah, seems everyone is jumping to the little tower behind the woods area now. Just had 4 people land there. I managed to land at the chest up top but it had a sniper rifle. Not much you can do with that in close quarters unless you're Shroud....

I must have had 10 in 30 today be 2nd place. I keep ending up trapped on cliffs...and I'm not stupid enough to build a bridge. I'd rather die by falling at my own hands! :D

Crossing Eden

People don't seem to know how to play this game yet... or just dont realizez how long it takes to run into the circle. I'm running in thinking I might not make it, and I have people running AWAY from the circle right towards me. Then I get into these fights which just drag out, and then I know I definitely won't make it in. And I still have people trying to pick fights.

And yeah, seems everyone is jumping to the little tower behind the woods area now. Just had 4 people land there. I managed to land at the chest up top but it had a sniper rifle. Not much you can do with that in close quarters unless you're Shroud....
Kristen-Bell-Laughing-to-Crying.gif

Nialrot

Three times tonight I have been purposely TKed apparently to take my gear, of which there was zero value. It happened again immediately after I made this post. Beyond frustrating.

It’s happened to me a few times and it’s so infuriating.

However, it’s amusing spectating them as they get pooped on shortly after.

Every time I have a good game that is surely going to be my first win and I don't win it, that's when I have to quit the game for the night. It's too annoying.

sp3ctr3

Definitely. About a week ago I found that wooden structure as I like to land on the edges of the map and was pleasantly surprised to find atleast 1 chest there every time.

You can also get lucky if you move to the ice cream truck on the hill. It usually also have 1-2 chests on it.

Obviously not as tight as other games but people with decent aim seem to kill people consistently and win matches, from a cursory glance across Twitch. Not sure how they're able to consistently hit everyone but you aren't if it's predominantly RNG.

The gold AR would have done that faster. But you do have a point about the hitscan. Past medium distance they are more effective, but I'm never confident it's a guarantee kill. And I certainly wouldn't want to do it against any sniper rifle. Even with bullet drop, it only takes a couple of hits. Also, you are using a mouse. It's a lot more difficult using a scope on PS4, because the sensitivity setting are across the board. Slowing down a scope also slows down normal play, so you tend to get an overly responsive scope. If they were separate, I might have a different opinion.

When you get a Gold AR at the beginning of the game, hooooo boy.

Maximus P

Legit.....the most epic kill I’ve ever gotten in a game.

Epic Solo Victory Royale Kill

.....just wait for it.

https://youtu.be/tT0dv2DIcP8

The sooner people start to realise that you can take out structures and kill people with fall damage the better.

My friend and I were playing Duos a couple of nights ago and we were both killed by a nade from the same guy. Towards the end of the game he made a wooden ramp that went high into the sky followed by an elaborate structure at the top. We watched as player after player tried to run up the ramp to get him only to be sniped, other players tried to gun him down from distance, I was screaming at the TV 'just smash the fucking ramp!!'.

He ended up winning with his sky fort.

Redders

Noticed that also, used to have pretty much that top section of the map to ourselves but now without fail other people will land there. Bit annoying as that's where I've had the most success with wins in solo and squads. Just have to mix up my landing points for a while.

Crossing Eden

We have increased the travel movement of the Battle Bus and increased skydiving velocity in order to offer an alternative strategy to jumping out of the Bus at the first possible moment.

Wait, what does this accomplish?

I'm all for the increased bus speed. But why increase skydiving speed? Just for people that want to get into the game quicker?

Wait, what does this accomplish?

I'm all for the increased bus speed. But why increase skydiving speed? Just for people that want to get into the game quicker?

It makes for a better spread of people, if like me you prefer jumping out later than most people it means you aren't giving the 'first jumpers' a 3 minute head start.

GodofWine

Not sure if posted in entirety yet:

EA1.7.1 PATCH NOTES
GENERAL BattlEye has been added to our existing anti-cheat detection
-We have increased the travel movement of the Battle Bus and increased skydiving velocity in order to offer an alternative strategy to jumping out of the Bus at the first possible moment.
-Increased Battle Bus movement speed by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).
-Increased skydiving terminal velocity by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).
-The final storm safe zone will now close completely instead of holding at a 10 cm radius.
-Players can now search supply drops without interruption from storm damage.
-Improved the pre-game warmup UI to indicate the server is “Waiting for players to connect” and “Battle Bus launching” when the lobby is full.
-Fixed the glider occasionally not auto-deploying at the correct height.
-Fixed an issue which caused Supply Drops to become stuck in the air after player-built structures beneath them were destroyed.
WEAPONS
Changes from the Live Update on Oct. 6:
-Increased Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle damage by 50%.
-This weapon was often passed up because of its lower damage. This increase will put it closer in line with its intended effectiveness.
-Decreased Scoped Assault Rifle damage by 33%.
-This weapon was too effective at its current role and needed to be scaled back slightly.
-Decreased Grenade, Grenade Launcher, and Rocket Launcher environmental damage to 375 (was 450).
-Metal forts will now require two explosive blasts (instead of one). Late-game bases are too easily destroyed and we want to promote building diversity.
-Increased Rocket Launcher reload time by 20%.
-It's a little too easy to spam rockets. We want the Rocket Launcher to be a powerful weapon, but it's a little too good right now.
-Increased Submachine Gun damage by 10%.
-The Submachine Gun is underperforming at close to medium range combat. This damage increase will improve its effectiveness slightly. We'll continue to keep an eye on it.
-Renamed several weapons
-Renamed 'Semi-Auto Rifle' to 'Assault Rifle (Burst).'
-Renamed 'Semi-Auto Handgun' to 'Pistol.'
-Renamed 'Semi-Auto Shotgun' to 'Tactical Shotgun.'
-Fixed an issue which prevented explosive weapons from damaging Supply Drops.
-Fixed a bug which caused the pump action shotgun to occasionally double-fire.
-Fixed a bug which caused grenades to occasionally deal no damage.
-Fixed an issue which caused bullet impact effects to only be being visible to players in the immediate vicinity.
-Fixed an issue which caused the weapon reticle to disappear.
DUOS/SQUADS
-Eliminations will now be awarded to the player who downs an enemy regardless of who finishes off that player in the DBNO (Down, But Not Out) state.
-Increased health after being revived from the DBNO state.
-Health increased from 25 to 30.
-Shields will no longer protect you from damage while in the DBNO state.
-You will keep any remaining shield if a teammate revives you.
-Friendly fire damage will now display the appropriate visual hit effects.
-Fixed squad’s finishing placement displaying the incorrect number in some cases.
-Fixed an issue which caused tires to bounce DBNO players.
-Fixed an issue which allowed traps to bounce players in the DBNO state.
UI
-There is now a Report Player button on the end-of-match screen to report players.
-Critical hit damage on shielded players is now displayed in blue, like other displayed shielded damage numbers.
-The color of each player’s marker in a duo/squad are now consistent with everywhere they are displayed.
-Player indicators on the minimap will now match the color the player was assigned instead of all players showing as a cyan color.
-Changed the item drop icon on the Inventory screen from a trash can to a “drop arrow” to more clearly indicate its purpose.
-You can now hold down ‘Shift’ before dragging an item to only drop one of that item.
-Teammates will no longer show up as eliminated when they are loading into the map.
-Fixed an issue which prevented eliminated players from entering text in the Send Feedback interface when using a controller.
WORLD
Added name labels to the map for existing locations.
-Tomato Town
-Dusty Depot
-Salty Springs

I don't play these type of games but out my first 15 attempts I've won 2, came 5/7/9th and the rest were top 30 finishes (a few were early game deaths).

How am I going?

Mikey Jr.

Nice, great changes.

Lots of quality of life improvements.

Still waiting for shoulder swap though. Where is it EPIC.................................

Top Bottom