• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo said they want to work with other devs via crossovers, who do you want?

18-Volt

Int. Systems x LucasArts = Advance Wars: Clone Wars Edition
Volition Games x Nintendo = Saints Row: Wario & Waluigi in Charge
Disney x Nintendo = Sports Mix: Mario vs Mickey & their Friends
Sony x Nintendo = Ratchet vs Fox: Worlds Collide by Insomniac
= Little Big Planet: Kirby & Sackboy
= Shadow of the Colossus 2 feat. Link and Zelda
and of course most obvious one = PS All-Stars vs Super Smash Bros

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
I think Iwata was specifically addressing the popular "X" collaborations. Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. Metroid x Shinobi. Sonic x Mario.

Plain old developer collaborations have been going on for decades now. Nintendo and SEGA, Nintendo and Namco-Bandai, Nintendo and Tecmo-Koei, Nintendo and Square Enix, etc.

I think Iwata was specifically addressing the popular "X" collaborations. Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition. Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. Metroid x Shinobi. Sonic x Mario.

Plain old developer collaborations have been going on for decades now. Nintendo and SEGA, Nintendo and Namco-Bandai, Nintendo and Tecmo-Koei, Nintendo and Square Enix, etc.

Tell me more about this

I guess I'm the only person that thinks Nintendo x Capcom is a terrible idea. We already have Smash and Capcom vs whatthehellever.

However, it really is mind blowing that Sonic Team and EAD have not joined forces for the Mario x Sonic platform game we've all been waiting for. All of us. Every single one. That collaboration would melt the entire world into a gigantic puddle of gleeful goo.

Um...

Outside of that and Nintendo x Sega for F-Zero, I can't really think of anything else. Instead of Super Mario RPG2 though, I'd prefer a Nintendo universe RPG. Think Smash, but with RPG mechanics and a huge villain alliance ala Kingdom Hearts. What's so funny about this is that it wouldn't even need to be a collaboration. Between Monolith, Intelligent Systems and AlphaDream, this could be a completely internal project.

*sigh* I can dream.

PhantomR

Banned
Make it happen! NOW.

527230_426588967387430_502093522_n.jpg

Doorman

The people who've said Fire Emblem x Musou got it right. Who wouldn't like to take up Hector's axe and just plow through a literal army?

Also Nintendo vs. Capcom just because. And, weird as it might sound, for some reason my mind conjured up Legend of Zelda x Monster Hunter. I have no idea how it would work.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also can you provide a source? that nintendo want to work with other devs for more crossovers?

Someone made a thread about a possible 3rd party Nintendo Direct and in it someone said Iwata was interested in getting third party devs by means of cross overs.

Tell me more about this

Isn't that Other M?

This. Crossovers get pretty stale when done too much.

I wouldn't say no to a crossover that revives Valkyria Chronicles on consoles (and still as a SRPG of course). Or a Mario & Sonic crossover worth giving a damn about.

When is "done too much"? And honestly crossovers can ooze creativity more than original IPs can do.

vareon

Someone made a thread about a possible 3rd party Nintendo Direct and in it someone said Iwata was interested in getting third party devs by means of cross overs.

In the english direct, he said since development is getting larger, they need a new approach in developing titles. This collaboration with Atlus is an example. They are working with other partners for more collaborations, not necessarily cross overs.

Darryl

Banned
MegaMan X Advance Wars

i seen Harvest Moon x Animal Crossing mentioned, not sure how it'd work but it'd be nice regardless

Azure J

Mario x Sonic platformer is another one of those holy grails that can never be overstated. EAD Tokyo on game design, Sonic Team on presentation and audio with special guest directors Naoto Oshima (art director; borrowed from Artoon because Nintendo's warchest, that's why) and Hirokazu Yasuhara (borrowed from NST because founding father of series mechanics is at Nintendo). Done and done.

Super Mario & Sonic the Hedgehog

Metroid Gear Solid

Ever played the Mario & Sonic Olympia games?

And how the hell would the Metroid universe even fit into the Metal Gear universe and vice-versa?

The only crossover I really really really really want is a Nintendo VS. Capcom fighting game based on the UMVC3 engine made by Capcom or Eighting.

Assassins Creed X Elder scrolls. I sound weird but it could work.

I think you misunderstood this thread just a little bit ;)

Nintendo + Yu Suzuki

Given their penchant for working with top developers i'm really surprised this hasn't happened.
And we all know what he wants to make as well, and who better to fund that than Nintendo! Miyamoto & Suzuki, the grandmasters of video games, i would die!

Azure J

The only crossover I really really really really want is a Nintendo VS. Capcom fighting game based on the UMVC3 engine made by Capcom or Eighting.

This is pretty much exactly what I was hinting at by saying Nintendo VS. Capcom. Wouldn't want it any other way, unless they could pull of Tatsunoko VS. Nintendo VS. Capcom.

Top Bottom