• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

I bought the http://swbfii.com domain and I was thinking of making a "community hub" site for the new game on it. I've already got a basic version up at the address, what do you all think?

I've only got a basic working knowledge of html, css, and JavaScript so it won't be anything really fancy.

Hey guys, what is the PS4 population like.....i've been separated from my PS4 for 10 long months and I haven't had a chance to play the Death Star and Rogue One DLC.

MrDaravon

99% of the time I play either Supremacy or Bespin on PS4 and I can usually get matches of either pretty much immediately. Not sure what the other DLC's are like, I feel like the one time I tried Scarif recently I got a match but it took a minute.

Every once in a while I hop into Hero Hunt to try to work on the 10 wins for the diorama because I hate myself, and I had one night where I got 3 wins in a row but I've had zero luck besides that, so I'm at 5/10. I almost hope I never get it because then I would feel obligated to grind out the two U-Wing diorama pieces which would be pretty mind numbing.

Ozorov

Less than one week until multiplayer unveiling for Battlefront 2!

Sleek N-1 Starfighters and Vulture Droids scream overhead spewing light and fire. Nimble AT-RT Walkers race around corners, pursued by roaring AATs. Agile Clone Jumptroopers hop from rooftop to rooftop, while rampaging B2 Super Battle Droids level everything in their path. Armies of Clones and Droids sprint across cover, their blazing weapons shattering the tranquility of the once-peaceful capital of Naboo. And at the center of the swirling melee the lightsabers and Darth Maul and Rey cut swaths through the ranks of the battling troopers.

Prepare for the Assault on Theed! On June 10 at 12:30 PM PT, Darth Maul and other cross-era heroes enter the battlefield in a massive multiplayer livestream gameplay event you won’t want to miss. You might even become part of creating it.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/b...ocial&cid=31839&ts=1496344179128&sf55254191=1

They confirmed that there will be four heroes shown off in the event.

Hmmm, I am guessing another new hero/villain from the PT and ST. Maybe Yoda and Kylo Ren. Unless they want to show a couple of gun wielding characters, in which case, maybe Phasma and Jango Fett.

LoveCake

I am going to have to get back in to this game, I have not played it in a while, once I maxed out the level it was hard to keep going :/

WillyFive

Will this be shown during the press conference or is it some event that takes place efter EAs PC?

If it's like last year's BF1 event; part of it will be steamed and the other part will be kept just for the Youtubers that go there so that they can use it for their channel at a later date.

Ozorov

If it's like last year's BF1 event; part of it will be steamed and the other part will be kept just for the Youtubers that go there so that they can use it for their channel at a later date.
But EAs press conference starts at 12:00 PM PST and this starts st 12:30 PST if i understand it correctly?

Ozorov

First pic from Theed

DBvZ-CdVwAI1aX1.jpg:large

Ozorov

Iden Versio's homeworld. Confirmed to be a map in the game.

You can see it in the trailer, urban area with trees with purplish leaves.

Cool! Seems like we will get a lot of diverse in this one. Hopefully they will confirm maps, heroes etc at E3. And not go silence like they did with the DLC - Is it 4 heroes or 8 in total-thing?

Cool! Seems like we will get a lot of diverse in this one. Hopefully they will confirm maps, heroes etc at E3. And not go silence like they did with the DLC - Is it 4 heroes or 8 in total-thing?
We know for sure that Hoth, Endor, Tatooine (Mos Eisley maybe), Vardos, Theed, Yavin IV, Starkiller Base, Jakku, Takodana, and possibly Kamino and the Death Star are maps in the game. Hopefully Bespin and Sullust return as well and hopefully the maps are for all modes. The maps tailored to mode size didn't really work out for the first game. So unless they can make at least 10 maps for both small and large they should just do what they do for Battlefield and cut the small maps out of the big ones.

Ozorov

We know for sure that Hoth, Endor, Tatooine (Mos Eisley maybe), Vardos, Theed, Yavin IV, Starkiller Base, Jakku, Takodana, and possibly Kamino and the Death Star are maps in the game. Hopefully Bespin and Sullust return as well and hopefully the maps are for all modes. The maps tailored to mode size didn't really work out for the first game. So unless they can make at least 10 maps for both small and large they should just do what they do for Battlefield and cut the small maps out of the big ones.

I hope they cut many of the modes, there were just to many of them imo.

WillyFive

We just need:

Conquest
Assault
Turning Point
Fighter Squadron

Domination
Cargo
Blast
Hero Blast

And an Operations mode that is an enhanced version of Battle Station and Infiltration.

Or, instead of all of that, just do proper Conquest with vehicles and heroes, because that gamemode can offer pretty much all of those things in one go.

bbalde

With SWB2 showing up, does anyone know the track record of EA before they pull the plugs on the servers (PS4 player) ?
I can buy it cheap, but if it's to be stuck with a piece of plastic in a few months, I'd rather skip the game.

With SWB2 showing up, does anyone know the track record of EA before they pull the plugs on the servers (PS4 player) ?
I can buy it cheap, but if it's to be stuck with a piece of plastic in a few months, I'd rather skip the game.
This side of never. Battlefield Bad Company 1 is still up and it's a 2008 game. If it wasn't for using a third party provider (GameSpy), the original games would still be up too.

Ludens

Banned
In case I buy the Ultimate on Ps4, can I play all maps by simply join a game?
I mean, if I want to play maps or modes from a DLC, do I need to access that dlc menu or the map/mode can happen by cycling when playing regular maps?

In case I buy the Ultimate on Ps4, can I play all maps by simply join a game?
I mean, if I want to play maps or modes from a DLC, do I need to access that dlc menu or the map/mode can happen by cycling when playing regular maps?

No, all the DLC packs have their own playlists.

WillyFive

The last DICE game that had its servers shut down was Battlefield 2142 (a game from 2006), and that's only because Gamespy died (which shut down every Battlefield up to that point). And even then, fans brought it back and it's perfectly playable today.

EA Battlefront will most likely be fine for a very, very long time.

Early beta acces and a nice and shiny Yoda Star Card for pre-orders...

On June 10, the gameplay world premiere of Star Wars Battlefront II will be streamed live at EA PLAY – and we promise it will not disappoint. What also won’t disappoint is our news that will get any die-hard fan access to the game sooner than later.

This fall, you'll be able to experience the epic scale of the Star Wars™ universe with a Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II multiplayer Beta on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Origin for PC.

Even better? Any fans who pre-order the game (or have already pre-ordered it) will be able to start playing the multiplayer Beta early*. In addition, anyone who pre-orders will get instant access to an upgraded Epic Lightsaber Mastery Star Card for Yoda, available while supplies last*.

New threads still bringing out the drive by shitposters.

Yep. The first game burned so many people. And some of them didn't even play the game, its just that word of mouth really got around. I remember friends being like, "nah I won't pick BF1 up because it only has 4 maps." It was crazy. People saw 4 planets at launch and just immediately wrote it off even though it was wrong information.

I know it had other problems too. No doubt. The game could've been better. But tomorrow, they really need to blow it out of the water and show people this game rights the wrongs of BF1.

I don't need galactic conquest, myself. But I hope the game has mode called galactic conquest just to quiet all the whining about that mode. It wasn't even special in the old Battlefronts... I don't get it.

MrDaravon

Cross-posting

VERY much like that it looks like you earn points in-game for performance/actions that you cash in to call in support, play as a hero etc. Absolutely fantastic change from the original. Looks like it's the same as original (you know what I mean :p) Battlefront in that you also still earn points for healing allies and support actions, not just straight kills which is good for folks who aren't the best to give them a chance to still call in cool stuff or play as a hero sometimes. I still play a lot of Battlefront and the hero token system is dumb as shit.

It's also hard to tell because the guy playing isn't great but I also like that heroes aren't super OP, which would probably also be in line with the apparent change to being able to cash in points for a hero; if there can only be two (or however) many heroes up at a time they need to be able to have them cycled in and out fairly regularly.

Tentatively really liking what I'm seeing here.

Everything looks great. It was hard to tell because the player was not the greatest... My only potential issue so far is that the heroes might honestly be a little too squishy.

Could only be an issue because the guy who was playing was not up to snuff, however.

GeeTeeCee

Even though I deeply regret sitting through the entirety of that EA E3 conference, at least Battlefront 2 looks so far to be everything I want from the sequel.

Maul looks like he's gonna be a nightmare to go up against in the right hands.

Top Bottom