• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japan getting The Last of Us and Destiny PS4 Limited Edition Consoles

Seriously, what's up with the limited edition PS4 consoles? The black-and-gold look just doesn't do it for me, I guess. The Destiny PlayStation 4 looks great, though!

I seriously hope SE will do a better design than this black/gold shit for thier FFXV console.

that black/gold design would fit a Type-0 console perfectly.. a well placed Suzaku logo in gold would do it for me.

Qvoth

this gives me hope for asian version of the white ps4 destiny bundle
i actually prefer the console without the destiny logo

These look terrible....seriously, that is one area where MS really shined on the 360. Some of those LE consoles were a thing of beauty.

hqdefault.jpg

They look rancid what are you on about? They look trashy and cheap.

why isn't Sony separately selling laser engraved bay covers?

they spent more time designing the limited edition Frozen PS4 than Destiny/Last of Us
img_prd_01_l.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
These look terrible....seriously, that is one area where MS really shined on the 360. Some of those LE consoles were a thing of beauty.

hqdefault.jpg

What the fuck? Who would put these monstrosities in their living rooms?

Give me this classy destiny bundle all day erry day.

doyoueven

Neo Member
Am gonna be living in Japan next year so will def pick up destiny bundle. Can someone confirm whether Japanese releases of western games tend to have English language options?

Ginger Whale

Neo Member
Am gonna be living in Japan next year so will def pick up destiny bundle. Can someone confirm whether Japanese releases of western games tend to have English language options?

Really depends on the game. Voices are often still in English but text/menus, far less common. But thankfully PS4's region free goodness will let you play all the English language games you want :)

What the fuck? Who would put these monstrosities in their living rooms?

Give me this classy destiny bundle all day erry day.

I do! I get so many compliments on the Star Wars 360. You dont have to like the look of R2 and 3PO, but the majority loves it. The silver Halo Reach console is very nice looking as well. Imo

hqdefault.jpg

It probably has something to do with the extent of which Sony is allowing modification, and possibly something only Japan has bothered to enquire about (for LE consoles). Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far all of them have been bay covers only. Later down the road I reckon they will become more flexible.

I seriously hope they redo the automobile inspired designs/colours like with PS2.

It probably has something to do with the extent of which Sony is allowing modification, and possibly something only Japan has bothered to enquire about (for LE consoles). Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far all of them have been bay covers only. Later down the road I reckon they will become more flexible.

I seriously hope they redo the automobile inspired designs/colours like with PS2.

Those were Gorgeous! I had the white one, but reluctantly ended up selling it for around 500 dollars back in the day. Its to bad they only made 666 of each color. The car paint was so nice!

LAA

Niceee. Don't know why elsewhere has not yet got a custom PS4 like this yet.

Personally fine with the gold PS4 decals, but in TLOU case, would be much better being white I think.

Destiny's is pretty cool too.

I would like to see a little more effort from LE PS4'S though. Like that Titanfall X1 for example. If you're going to do a LE console for a game, try and go all out and not just put a simple graphic or logo on (That said I like the simplicity, but still)
Think I want more going on outside the HDD cover too. Think HDD covers could hopefully be more popular than 360 face plates, could be cool to get custom covers, but as far as game limited edition systems go, think there should be more effort.

Bundy

Banned
I've to the white one pre-ordered and I WANT THE TLOU VERSION, TOO!!!!
Come on, Sony!!!! >:-(

Give us the replacable HDD covers for the PS4!!!!

Breakage

Both look pretty bad imo. I'll never understand the appeal of decals.
The Frozen LE PS4 looks like it has been defaced by a bored teenager.

Elios83

...No thank you.

Those are a bit too much indeed, but the 360's faceplates were a good idea and they were really effective at customizing the console giving the option to everyone and not just to the new customers buying the most recent themed bundle.
Although if I remember correctly eventually no one cared anymore about the faceplates and they weren't manufactured anymore.....so I guess that people didn't care enough.

And for those of you who haven't been keeping score:

Number of limited edition PS4s announced for Japan: 3
Number of limited edition PS4s announced for the rest of the world: 0

Vhagar

Neo Member
The Last of Us has some fantastic art. It's a shame they put in such a lazy effort for this limited edition.

gogogow

The Playstation logo doesn't match the decal color :(

5xCv9is.jpg
Same with the Frozen PS4.
Sad, but this is probably how PS4 SE's are gonna look like. They will just take a standard HDD cover and spray it with some game logo or art and call it a day. They are gonna look so boring compared to how some PS3 SE's looked like (Yakuza, Tales of Xilia, FF etc.)

Hydrargyrus

I'm pretty surprised that still there aren't any company that sells custom HDD covers...

I really like the white one, but I prefer the black devices because white tends to yellow with the time

The Last of Us PS4 looks kinda tacky, the blue light doesn't go well with the gold logo. If the logo was white then it would look a bit better.

The Destiny one looks simple yet beautiful.

Tetra-9

Yea, it's really bugging me too.

Same with the Frozen PS4.
Sad, but this is probably how PS4 SE's are gonna look like. They will just take a standard HDD cover and spray it with some game logo or art and call it a day. They are gonna look so boring compared to how some PS3 SE's looked like (Yakuza, Tales of Xilia, FF etc.)

I know youre pointing out how lazy these slims are but, I...... Had no idea the PS3 slim could actually look good until seeing those pics. Mmmmmmmmm

Top Bottom