• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Aters

I'm pretty sure Falcom enlarged Sara's breasts. Maybe not in portraits, but definitely in screenshots. I wonder why.

Taken directly from Falcom official website:
ss_03.jpg

Sarek

Finally hit the final chapter in SC. Was kinda slow at times and looking at my achievements I started playing it December 2016, chapter 4 completed in March, chapter 5 in May, etc. Near the end though the game has really picked up the pace, and I'm really glad I stuck with it. Now I can't wait to finish it and see what happens, and start playing the 3rd finally.

Psxphile

Someone was kind enough to mirror all of the officially released Sen III screenshots in one album for easy perusing, promising to keep it updated.

Link

Eylos

Banned
Someone was kind enough to mirror all of the officially released Sen III screenshots in one album for easy perusing, promising to keep it updated.

Link
Cool thx, i miss this thread on gaming news, i forgot to check gamming comunity on GAF.

I'm playing SC again, playing the right way this time, doing all quests. Its surprising How Much i forgot already of the lore and details, is there any YouTube video of trails games that summarise the game? that would be useful in the Future.

Eylos

Banned
Hint: don't look at Trails merchandise of games you've beaten, you'll get spoilers of the ones you didn't lol
I already beated cs2/cs1. I started my long preparation of "finish ALL the games before CS3 western release". I' m taking It slow, i started on SC though, because Its the one i rushed to finish it and i remember less of It.

The third i Will play somehow.

Zero i Will wait for the good translation, but If 5 months before release Its Far from finish, i Will play the bad one to Understand at least the main story points.

PK Gaming

Link

Wow, I've missed quite a bit of these

The game looks so nice and... serious? The tone really seems serious to me. I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem as lighthearted as the previous entries, even when you discount the rating.

Jiraiza

My body is ready

link

Thursday's such a crappy release day. Imports typically don't make it to your doorstep until the following week unless they ship early. Guess I'll schedule some days off of work on the first week of October, then!

Then again, I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to hold back from double-dipping with the digital version so I can play on the day of... Urgh.

Kvik

If one were to decrypt a clear save from PS3 playthrough, it might be possible to play with it in the PC release, that is -- if nothing has changed in the file structure.

I think I did this for my Final Fantasy X save with full Al Bhed dictionary. Although, I can't exactly remember what I did back then. I must've used an utility of some sort.

Gu4n

Will I ruin Trails in the sky for me if I jump in with Cold Steel this week on steam?
It won't ruin the Sky games, but it will reveal some stuff that happens in them.
Cold Steel almost dismissively addresses the Sky events as 'that thing that happened in the Liberl Kingdom'. There's also a lot to be read between the lines, but since you're skipping Sky you'll miss out on those subtle references.

Loz246789

Will I ruin Trails in the sky for me if I jump in with Cold Steel this week on steam?

To add on to what's already been said, imo, here's a rough guide on if you can play cold steel:
If you haven't played Sky at all, you're free to jump in. You just outright won't recognise the references, and the game explains what you need to know.
If you've played a little of Sky, but haven't made much progress and for whatever reason aren't really hooked by it, you should consider trying cold steel. There's a lot of debate about which sub series is better, but Cold Steel has a lot more going on early on in the game that might hook you a bit better than Sky, which would then encourage you to go back to sky later.
If you've played a lot of sky (Uhhh, let's say you've moved on to second chapter/you're about to), you should maybe hold off on cold steel
but buy the game to support xseed anyway
. You're... Probably hooked by this point? So you should be able to push on through to the end.
If you've beaten second chapter you're basically all set. Sky the third *does* have some value for cold steel, but you're not really spoiling anything by temporarily skipping it. I don't think. (At the very least, the english speaking fanbase did this just fine.)
If you've beaten the third congratulations, if you've beaten zero and ao I'm very jealous.

Seijuro

It won't ruin the Sky games, but it will reveal some stuff that happens in them.

Cold Steel almost dismissively addresses the Sky events as 'that thing that happened in the Liberl Kingdom'. There's also a lot to be read between the lines, but since you're skipping Sky you'll miss out on those subtle references.

To add on to what's already been said, imo, here's a rough guide on if you can play cold steel:
If you haven't played Sky at all, you're free to jump in. You just outright won't recognise the references, and the game explains what you need to know.
If you've played a little of Sky, but haven't made much progress and for whatever reason aren't really hooked by it, you should consider trying cold steel. There's a lot of debate about which sub series is better, but Cold Steel has a lot more going on early on in the game that might hook you a bit better than Sky, which would then encourage you to go back to sky later.
If you've played a lot of sky (Uhhh, let's say you've moved on to second chapter/you're about to), you should maybe hold off on cold steel
but buy the game to support xseed anyway
. You're... Probably hooked by this point? So you should be able to push on through to the end.
If you've beaten second chapter you're basically all set. Sky the third *does* have some value for cold steel, but you're not really spoiling anything by temporarily skipping it. I don't think. (At the very least, the english speaking fanbase did this just fine.)
If you've beaten the third congratulations, if you've beaten zero and ao I'm very jealous.

Most of the reveals are in Cold Steel II anyway. Our blue and white friend really likes to talk a lot.

Thanks for all the answers.
I have the first Trails in the Sky in my ever growing backlog, but Cold Steel looks so new and shiny, and it's a good feeling to jump in on the hype wagon at release (that and I think the localization of these kind of games need support where they can get it). But I will probably tackle Trails in the Sky first before moving up.

Hoping there's going to be a save file with all of the NG+ stuff so I can actually see all the bonding events this time
I'll probably work on this if no one else does, as its how I want to play through it. Hoping to just mod it so that we don't have to wait for someone to release a cleared save.
I wonder if there's a way to make PS3 saves work.
unfortunately due to my time looking into PS3 saves for CS, I don't think this is happening.

What do you mean? It's easy to get unencrypted PS3 saves, the question is how the port handles savedata.
it is, but not to decipher the flags for cold steel. From what I could tell researching and asking about it then looking at the saves myself. Cold Steel seems to seed its hex values based on progress in the game, so it essentially randomizes the location for most of the flags. Trying to port that to a PC version save could be impossible depending on how the PC saves are configured.

it is, but not to decipher the flags for cold steel. From what I could tell researching and asking about it then looking at the saves myself. Cold Steel seems to seed its hex values based on progress in the game, so it essentially randomizes the location for most of the flags. Trying to port that to a PC version save could be impossible depending on how the PC saves are configured.

Wasn't this a CS2 issue? I don't think it affected the first game.

Jiraiza

Finished Zero's prologue last night and I'm very much enjoying the atmosphere and the setup so far. There's just something really comfortable about Crossbell; it might be because of how modern it feels compared to Liberl. Framing the story from the perspective of the police force makes for a good contrast to the Sky games which focused more on the Bracer side of things. Though it's mostly still Bracer-esque work anyway, rising in notoriety as a section of the police force that no one has any expectations of is something to look forward to.

Really enjoying the dynamic that's shown so far between the four members of the SSS. I like that you're immediately introduced to them and then thrown into the fray. I still have my reservations with Lloyd due to his infamous harem MC antics, but his chemistry with the other three are good so far and he provides a refreshing take on the MC role compared to Estelle, Kevin, and Rean. I suppose my biggest concern is that the story might devolve into "Lloyd does all the thinking while everyone nods in agreement", but that doesn't seem to be the case according to some people. As for a fun fact, I find it amusing the Lloyd and Guy are voiced by Tetsuya Kakihara and Katsuyuki Konishi respectively, who also happen to voice Simon and Kamina in Gurren Lagann.

Randy's pretty much a bro, and I'm really liking Elie and Tio. It's also amazing how everyone's so well dressed; they just look so good. Elie, for one, is just straight up gorgeous. A real damn shame that bonding events exist, because I wouldn't have mind an ongoing subplot of a romance between Lloyd and Elie. Lost potential.

Started the beginning of chapter 1 and it's hard to hold back a smile when
Estelle and Joshua pops up again
. God, I love these two. In any case, two months to finish these two games before CS3, but I should be able to do it. Shout out to the Zero Japanese wiki walkthrough because it has notes for like literally everything, even the dialogue changes that happen after specific events.

Anyway, who's making the Cold Steel PC OT?

...If I may... "Trails of Cold Steel PC |OT| Nothing Personnel, Computer." or "Trails of Cold Steel PC |OT| That's a nice 199CP you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it."

Asd202

I can see already Sen III main complaint. All of the fans would want to play with the Class VII and see their story but instead it will be mostly about the new shitty kids.

Nyoro SF

Cold Steel PC |OT| Casting shadows in the Hollowed Light
Cold Steel PC |OT| The ogre's eye can't see lower than 60FPS
Cold Steel PC |OT| Ambient Occlusion, Amber Amour

I can see already Sen III main complaint. All of the fans would want to play with the Class VII and see their story but instead it will be mostly about the new shitty kids.

I can't see that happening, it looks like Falcom is going to integrate the two groups quite nicely. Plus both groups look really cool. Gaius is finally going to graduate from being a weather vane and looks so awesome. (Also, shitty kids? wat)

Loz246789

Anyway, who's making the Cold Steel PC OT?

...If I may... "Trails of Cold Steel PC |OT| Nothing Personnel, Computer." or "Trails of Cold Steel PC |OT| That's a nice 199CP you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it."

ToCS PC |OT| Ported by a lean, Rean, porting machine
ToCS PC |OT| Super ultra alpha Ex+ edition
ToCS PC |OT| Sara calls Heinrich a jackass, Localiser rejoices, live from Erebonia

fuzaco

I mean, I haven't played CS yet, but I would rather play with the Sky cast. Doesn't mean the CS characters are shitty kids, I just don't know them yet. Why do you think the new characters will be shitty?

Top Bottom