• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign |OT| Welcome To Marvel [5m23s]!

Spoit

So yeah, if the ai hadn't gotten a last minute cascade that left me just like 10 seconds too late for the match to actually count(and leaving me at 11th by like a dozen points, instead of a 30 point lead), i would have had like 775 points with 14 matches. So yeah, fuck this trial, it's way more work for no fucking reward. Sniping the late bracket was my own fault, but I got fucking nothing of value for that fucking grind. Fuck that trial.

Dispatch

So yeah, if the ai hadn't gotten a last minute cascade that left me just like 10 seconds too late for the match to actually count(and leaving me at 11th by like a dozen points, instead of a 30 point lead), i would have had like 775 points with 14 matches. So yeah, fuck this trial, it's way more work for no fucking reward. Sniping the late bracket was my own fault, but I got fucking nothing of value for that fucking grind. Fuck that trial.

And, since I didn't care about the placement rewards, I thought it was a vast improvement. For me, it completely removed the stress of watching my points fall due to defeats. I ended up with 537 points after getting to (if I remember correctly) about 800. So, by getting a point per victory, I got the 4-star Wolverine which I would not have earned under the old system and it felt like much, much less of a grind.

zulux21

so for the fun of it I ran my medusa + Carnage + 4* blade team on the first boss node (carnage + doc oc + venom)

won without to much trouble. carnage green and medusa purple has enough board shake to keep oc from being an issue.

since I still had over half health I ran the second node with the same team and won with over half health still.

sandman hits hard with his yellow but I heal up fully before he gets a second yellow attack off lol

Dalek

yeah I feel the new system was a vast improvement. I don't usually care about placement in PVP-just progression. And it was much more relaxed for me.

Also these boss fights are so frustrating at this stage-especially Carnage.

komarkaze

I have a dilemma about which 4 star to champ. My Riri is at 3/4/5 and I have a green token that I can't use unless I champ her. I have enough CP to buy a cover to champ her. However I have Spiderwoman at 2/5/5 for a while that has been bothering me because I've had to throw out so many duplicate covers for the maxed out colors.

Who is more worthy of my 120 CP - Riri or Spiderwoman?

Triz

I have a dilemma about which 4 star to champ. My Riri is at 3/4/5 and I have a green token that I can't use unless I champ her. I have enough CP to buy a cover to champ her. However I have Spiderwoman at 2/5/5 for a while that has been bothering me because I've had to throw out so many duplicate covers for the maxed out colors.

Who is more worthy of my 120 CP - Riri or Spiderwoman?

RiRi is still in the vault and you will likely pull more covers for her. you can always bonus Hero SpiderWoman to get the last cover. I don't think either is worth the 120cp...

Speaking of the 4* pool: who is next to leave?

Edit again seems to be Blade.

zulux21

What's Riri's best build?

it depends what you want to use her for but I am thinking 5/5/3 will be a popular build or 5/3/5 if you want to use her to fuel another red user.

RiRi is still in the vault and you will likely pull more covers for her. you can always bonus Hero SpiderWoman to get the last cover. I don't think either is worth the 120cp...

Speaking of the 4* pool: who is next to leave?

Edit again seems to be Blade.

yup it's blade but I haven't seen any word on if they are actually removing him to put in vulture or if something else is going on.

edit: never mind just saw "Update: Vulture will be entering packs, and Blade (Modern) will be exiting them."

zulux21

next event has a new character

mZlDBlk.jpg

hosting friends right now so can't do my usual screen shots of stuff so look for yourself in game :p

quick look, she looks really solid, like perhaps a top 10 character.

decent red move.
solid middle passive that either generates AP or fires off free moves
and solid AP steal and generation that increase friendly damage quite a bit.

I think I like 5/3/5 for her but all her moves seem solid.

I run mine 3/5/5. That may change when she is changed...

it depends what you want to use her for but I am thinking 5/5/3 will be a popular build or 5/3/5 if you want to use her to fuel another red us

Thanks! It's refreshing to have three different suggestions!

I unexpectedly got a few Agent Venom covers and changed him. < 1million ISO....feels stressful. What's his best build? I have him at 5/3/5 now...

zulux21

Thanks! It's refreshing to have three different suggestions!

I unexpectedly got a few Agent Venom covers and changed him. < 1million ISO....feels stressful. What's his best build? I have him at 5/3/5 now...

well her blue when from garbage to actually pretty solid with the changes.

before it just mvoed a few tiles mostly pointlessly.
now it moves tiles and turns them into red charge tiles likely triggering a 5 match for 13+ red.

actually looking at it 4 blue should be enough so maybe 4/5/4

Renkax

Any guilds open ? &#128546; I'm in a Plays where like 9 people play lol

The riri William covers are so far from my reach I wanna cry

zulux21

Not at the moment, but if you stick around I think one of the two alliances seems to have an opening every month or two.

what he said.
I think Fjord might be nearing the end of his game playing days.
he has been missing a lot of days and barely did anything in the alliance event thus he has either been really busy or nearing the end of the days he cares to play anymore.

Spoit

Ugh, I'll wait to see if the upcoming list was right, and riri is part of the week's boost, and not just for the pve event, I'll have to sell some 2*s and champ her.

zulux21

anyways don't have guests anymore so I can go more in depth with thoughts.

so if you are going to use red 5 is a must here as it fortifies it.
beyond that, you are seeing 6.5k damage for a level 70 which means at 270 it should be around 13k. which is not bad damage for 9 ap even if it takes two turns to go off.

So I really don't know how often this power will trigger even at 5 covers. In a normal even match the AI makes 2-3 4+ matches for me and me having even 6 ap in that color is always debatable. now for boss events (hi carnage) this might be a really solid power but in general I figure I will be just getting 3ap for the match, which I can also get at 4 covers, and at 3 covers I still get 2 which isn't great but isn't horrible either.

so this one is trickier. and really how important this one is will depend on how it works. the release article makes it sound like it will work like 2* widow and proc an extra damage that would make strike tiles double count. If so I think 5 covers would be the ideal choice here. if it instead just acts like a strike tile that can't be matched away if you have the AP then her build is likely 5/5/3 as that wouldn't be very exciting.

so her + carol + 5* hawkeye could likely be a lot of fun. lots of count down timers and get red and blue AP from hawkeye from it to keep firing more count down timers.

for the sake of it her + coulson + quake could be fun. sure you have triple yellow and no black but two of the yellows are passives lol.

Since I like girl power teams I think her + reworked Riri (using blue to fuel red) + (likely carol for the black but lets pick someone else) and how about gwenpool just to have fun with random stuff and maybe get some power explosions going.

like I like her for the random power fire move and I do think that red move will likely put her in the top 10-15 but I don't think she is a top tier character.

Ugh, I'll wait to see if the upcoming list was right, and riri is part of the week's boost, and not just for the pve event, I'll have to sell some 2*s and champ her.

I am thinking about champing her since I want to play around with her at 4-5 blue covers to see if she works as a red battery as well as I think she will (Which if she does that means that teamed up with hulkbuster 9 blue or 11 black would let you punch something really hard :p). I can't champ her until I get her blue cover from progression though which will be after I unleash my stash for vulture cover potential as I really want a black cover for him.

Spoit

The actual numbers were posted:
Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

4 Star Rarity (Legendary)

At Max Level: HP: 13034 74/13/65/4.0/85/11/12/43
Bombshell 9 Red AP:
Mockingbird sets up a bomb and walks away without looking back. Creates 2 3-turn Red Countdown tiles. When one expires, if another exists, remove it an ideal 2408 damage. If not, deal 1667 damage to the target and Mockingbird.

Level 2: Deals 3242 if another tile exists, otherwise 2408.
Level 3: Countdown tiles last 2 turns. Damage to Mockingbird reduced to 741.
Level 4: Deals 4927 if another tile exists, otherwise 3612.
Level 5: Creates Fortified Countdown tiles. Deals 6594 damage if another tile exists, otherwise 5001 to the target and 649 to Mockingbird.

Max Level:
Level 3: Creates 2 2-turn Red Countdown tiles. When one expires if another is on the board deal 6313 damage to target. If not, deal 4690 damage to the target and 1444 to Mockingbird.
Level 4: Deals 9596 if another tile exists, otherwise 7035.
Level 5: Creates fortified Countdown tiles. Deals 12843 damage if another tile exists, otherwise 9741 to the target and 1263 to Mockingbird.

Opportunist 0 Yellow AP:

(PASSIVE) Mockingbird deflects attacks with her battle staves, providing tactical openings for her team. Whenever the enemy makes a match-4 or greater, if you have at least 9 AP in that color (including Team-Up), fire a random friendly power at no cost. If not, gain 1 AP in that color.

Level 2: Can gain 2 AP.
Level 3: Requires 8 AP to fire a power.
Level 4: Can gain 3 AP.
Level 5: Requires 6 AP to fire a power.

Max Level
Level 3: Requires 8 AP to fire a power at no cost, if not can gain 2 AP.
Level 4: Can gain 3 AP.
Level 5: Requires 6 AP to fire a power.

Secret Mission 8 Purple AP:

Mockingbird steals enemy intel to gain an advantage. Destroys up to 4 AP of the enemy's strongest color and generates 3 AP in your strongest color. (This power's cost can't be reduced.)

(PASSIVE) As long as you have at least 8 AP in your strongest color, friendly matches deal 65 more damage.

Level 2: Deals Destroys up to 5 enemy AP. Friendly matches deal 121 more damage.
Level 3: Generates 4 AP. Requires 7 AP to deal extra damage.
Level 4: Destroys up to 6 enemy AP. Friendly matches deal 175 more damage as long as you have 6 AP.
Level 5: Destroys up to 8 enemy AP and gains 5 AP. Friendly matches deal 229 more damage as long as you have 5 AP.

Max Level:
Level 3: Destroys up to 5 enemy AP and generates 4 AP in players strongest color. Passive: as long as you have at least 7 AP in your strongest color, deal 234 more damage.
Level 4: Destroys up to 6 enemy AP. Friendly matches deal 342 more damage as long as you have 6 AP.
Level 5: Destroys up to 8 enemy AP and gains 5 AP. Friendly matches deal 445 more damage as long as you have 5 AP.

Looks like a pretty clear 5/5/3 to me. An extra 200 damage a match would add up, sure, but being able to fire off the free move at 1 less match is far more important.

Even if it's like OBW's, you just care that it is an extra hit, not the actual value of it. Next to the strike tiles, the extra 200 wouldn't matter

zulux21

The actual numbers were posted:

Looks like a pretty clear 5/5/3 to me. An extra 200 damage a match would add up, sure, but being able to fire off the free move at 1 less match is far more important

i can see 5/5/3 being the favorite as the free move could be a lot of fun.

I still could see myself running 5/3/5 for the extra damage faster though but yeah after you get the AP to clear that and strike tiles out the damage difference doesn't matter that much.

that being said her + 5* doc oc + medusa could be a stupid fun win condition with trying to get his green to go off for free. I would take medusa for the passive abilities that won't trigger and the board shake to help match that doc oc tile.

and I can get your point on the free power stuff, but to me having the extra damage go off at 5 vs 7 will likely make a bigger difference in a game on average than a random free power at 6 vs 8 as really how often does an enemy actually make a 4 match in a color you have at least 6 in?

Spoit

i can see 5/5/3 being the favorite as the free move could be a lot of fun.

I still could see myself running 5/3/5 for the extra damage faster though but yeah after you get the AP to clear that and strike tiles out the damage difference doesn't matter that much.

that being said her + 5* doc oc + medusa could be a stupid fun win condition with trying to get his green to go off for free. I would take medusa for the passive abilities that won't trigger and the board shake to help match that doc oc tile.

and I can get your point on the free power stuff, but to me having the extra damage go off at 5 vs 7 will likely make a bigger difference in a game on average than a random free power at 6 vs 8 as really how often does an enemy actually make a 4 match in a color you have at least 6 in?
Probably every other match or so? Especially since you can often choose to take it yourself or leave it to bait the AI

Another idea for a Mockingbird team: Teen Jean and Carol. Rainbow team with blue being the only color without an active power. Defensively, match 4s hurt you, match 5s hurt you worse, and going for you strongest color at all gives the other team AP.

zulux21

vaulting is dead.

Starting with the Mind Gem Season, Cover Stores that have 3-Stars or 4-Stars will now contain all characters from that Star Rating (Excluding Limited Characters like Howard the Duck, Devil Dino, etc).
Packs that have 3-Stars in them will now contain all 3-Star characters, instead of just a select 20. In addition, packs that have 4-Stars in them will now contain the latest 12 4-Stars (now called Latest 4-Stars), as well as all other non-Limited 4-Stars (now called Vintage 4-Stars). The chance to pull a 4-Star is split evenly between Latest and Vintage 4-Stars, which means Latest 4-Stars will initially have 3x better odds than Vintage! Players will now be able to get covers for any 4-Star in Cover Stores, while making the Latest 4-Stars more accessible. 4-Star Characters will continue to rotate into the Latest status as they are released, and will enter the Vintage status when there are at least 12 following 4-Stars that have been released. 5-Stars are unaffected by this change.

Details:

General
Starts with the Mind Gem Season
No changes have been made to the overall odds to get a character from a particular Star Rating
The odds to get higher Star Rating is greater when purchasing 10x or 40x packs. We are working on a way to show that in the Cover Store
3-Stars
Cover Stores that contain 3-Stars will now contain all 3-Stars
3-Stars that are featured in Story Events or Versus Tournaments are represented by a banner and/or have a have a glow around them
4-Stars
Cover Stores that contain 4-Stars will now contain all 4-Stars
Separated into Latest and Vintage 4-Stars
The chance to get a 4-Star is split evenly among Latest and Vintage 4-Stars
Latest 4-Stars have a banner showing the increased chance to get them
Featured 4-Stars have a banner showing the increased chance to get them
Characters will rotate between New, Latest, and Vintage status based on when they are released
Simulator Story Event Cover Store
The Store change is currently live
Banners will be absent from this store until the daily patch on Friday

anyways with vulture in I am pulling my hoard
gamora - blue
doc oc 5* - black
mordo purple - unusable
drax red - unusable
spiderman 5* blue
clock and dagger yellow
mordo black
red hulk red
luke cage yellow
ice man purple
drax purple

zulux21

riri is a little harder to line up a 5 match with her blue power than I figured (more need to aim for a 6 match which should have been obvious but I missed it :p) but still not to bad.

Triz

Are bonus heroes still in with the vault change?

Seems like it. Spent 325 CP to try and get vulture, ended up pulling 6 classic 4*. I want vaulting back, champ levels on crappy 4* sucks lol.

anyways with vulture in I am pulling my hoard
gamora - blue
doc oc 5* - black
mordo purple - unusable
drax red - unusable
spiderman 5* blue
clock and dagger yellow
mordo black
red hulk red
luke cage yellow
ice man purple
drax purple
Where's the rest of it? :)

Due to a lack of iso, my hoard is over 100 pulls.

zulux21

Where's the rest of it? :)

Due to a lack of iso, my hoard is over 100 pulls.
i've only been hoarding for like 8 days lol

given I got the cover I needed for red hulk and don't have a ton of iso I might just hoard for a while now so I have iso to champ some people as I get them.

Spoit

Went ahead and pulled my CP hoard. 30 pulls, but only got 1 5* (OML red). And no bonus heroes. Capped gamora, but other than that, no actually useful pulls, just champ levels

But at least I only had to trash 3 covers

Triz

Went ahead and pulled my CP hoard. 30 pulls, but only got 1 5* (OML red). And no bonus heroes. Capped gamora, but other than that, no actually useful pulls, just champ levels

But at least I only had to trash 3 covers

Seems they stealth nerfed bonus Heroes. No way you pull 30 and don't get a bonus. I pulled 20 and didn't get one either.
I'm bitching after getting 5 5 star in a row. but fuck getting old characters....

Spoit

Seems they stealth nerfed bonus Heroes. No way you pull 30 and don't get a bonus. I pulled 20 and didn't get one either.
I'm bitching after getting 5 5 star in a row. but fuck getting old characters....

Bonus heroes are like, whatever. It's 1:20, so it's entirely in the bell curve. It's the 5* rate I'm fucking livid about. At 1:7 odds, the chance of 1 (or 0) sucesses is freaking 6%. I blame your other end of the bell curve for sucking all the luck out of the alliance :eek:

Dalek

Bonus heroes are like, whatever. It's 1:20, so it's entirely in the bell curve. It's the 5* rate I'm fucking livid about. At 1:7 odds, the chance of 1 (or 0) sucesses is freaking 6%. I blame your other end of the bell curve for sucking all the luck out of the alliance :eek:

No bonus heroes for me but I did finally pull one Doc Ock and one 5* Spidey today. So I feel lucky.

zulux21

No bonus heroes for me but I did finally pull one Doc Ock and one 5* Spidey today. So I feel lucky.

yeah I did that as well :p

and no bonus either.

I do have to think about my plan going forward though. I do hate selling wasted covers.... so maybe I will just focus on champing those I can champ that aren't named devil dino.

Dalek

Whoa. Got 20 CP so I spent it on a classic token which gave me a Coulson and a bonus Rocket. Now that's fully covered.
The coulsons Champion reward was a legendary token which netted me a Vulture!

Time to change my bonus hero from Rocket since I don't have the ISO to champ him now and I'm trying to Champion Riri - I'm sitting on 4 covers for her.

zulux21

Whoa. Got 20 CP so I spent it on a classic token which gave me a Coulson and a bonus Rocket.
The coulsons Champion reward was a legendary token which netted me a Vulture!

Time to change my bonus hero from Rocket since I don't have the ISO to champ him now and I'm trying to Champion Riri - I'm sitting on 4 covers for her.

i sold my riri cover as even though I will get the last cover needed to be able to champ her with progression in the event... I figure leveling up carnage or red hulk might be better.

i really want my last carnage cover to champ him. he is so good now with the right partners @_@

edit: HA HA HA HA
I don't do much PVP but so far my team is 5 for 5 on defense.
I don't think people realize exactly how deadly medusa + carnage + 4* blade is and how since all it needs to do to work is make matches the AI can't even screw it up lol.

Renkax

God. Did my deadpool daily got my first taco and it was 500Iso and it's been like for a solid week! I got my 2nd taco and I asked my bro to click it and got the legendary token &#128546; I got 4* the thing lol

Dalek

i sold my riri cover as even though I will get the last cover needed to be able to champ her with progression in the event... I figure leveling up carnage or red hulk might be better.

i really want my last carnage cover to champ him. he is so good now with the right partners @_@

edit: HA HA HA HA
I don't do much PVP but so far my team is 5 for 5 on defense.
I don't think people realize exactly how deadly medusa + carnage + 4* blade is and how since all it needs to do to work is make matches the AI can't even screw it up lol.

It's a crazy team for sure. You're focused on downing Blade to stop the damage and all the time Medusa is healing the team.

Top Bottom