• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 2 direct feed screens

Zabka

Just amazing looking, and I don't think they're bullshots.... just good use of depth of field and other effects to cover up aliasing.

I can see some aliasing in that last shot where the neck meets the shirt. Doesn't look like a high-res picture scaled down at all. There's a lot of compression on these shots, so it probably looks a bit sharper too.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
THE:MILKMAN said:
Looks stunning...................

Are these pics of a city in italy?

Not at all. Some latin country for sure tho. There is an "Hotel El Dorado" sign.

FrankT

alr1ghtstart said:
tamnhnsp080shj25mk34_snapshot20081215125341.jpg

<Keanu>Whoa</Keanu>

This screen is just so good. I mean good.

Raistlin

.nimrod said:
in other news: they need to turn the DoF a bit down, looks a bit too much. That aside, it's absolutely faptastic!

Maybe a bit, but I'm glad it's there. Sometimes the first game bordered on being too detailed at further ranges (like GoW imo). While it looks technically impressive, it's also a bit unnatural.

EktorPR

The Take Out Bandit said:
Wow! Looks like no more plastic plant jungles, guess Naughty Dog saw Crysis and realized they couldn't approach that level of realistic vegetation.

Ooh, elegant trolling...I like it.

Esch

Banned
Dude i actually can't decide whether K2 or this has better graphics

i really said wow, naughty dog am god.

Ashour

Oh my God, just wow, I mean in the 1st game Nate looked very detailed and now they added even more details to him, really amazing, one of my 5 most anticipated games of 2009.

FirewalkR

HOLY MOTHER OF SWEET SWEET JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta trade the D and the G in my avatar again!!!!!!!

No, not to Naudhty Gog, u know what i mean, kthxbye

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
EktorPR said:
Ooh, elegant trolling...I like it.

People always quote the douches I have on ignore. :/

Kinda defeats the purpose...

Ranger X

Ok wow.
Now I can say this looks better than Uncharted. Just the teaser in the snow from Sony couldn't tell jack shit about the level of detail.

Now in the city the detail is AMAZING. My freaking god. It's like I could detach every single god damned bricks. Wow.

John_B

I think I give up. Pixar could have rendered something amazing, slapped "Uncharted 2" on it, and people would still eat it up.

jett said:
I'm not going to take shit because I own Uncharted, which has borderline perfect shadows in-game.
They are far from perfect (no shadows will be this generation), and the shadows in these shots are mind blowing.

TTP said:
whatever. we are not talking Codemasters or Ubisoft bullshots here. Resistance 2 looks about as good as in those early pics. Actually, the chimera look significantly better.
Except they forgot to add the lighting, shadows and geomotry.

Mets39

I still remember how the first Uncharted improved over the months! To think that Uncharted 2 is about a year away .... :fear:

teepo

Andronicus said:
i'm not sure if you know about this or have played it but R2 single player does look that good, however this thread is about uncharted 2

no, no it doesn't. hell the artstyle didn't even match that.

Tieno

RpgN said:
I have a simple question: Have you played Uncharted 1?

This is Naughty Gods we're talking about now!
People said the same thing when questioning the R2 bullshots

Esch

Banned
Tieno said:
People said the same thing when questioning the R2 bullshots

right, but unlike R2 Uncharted actually got much better looking over time

i'm going to say ND aren't BSing. God knows what unspeakable things they did to PS2 hardware.

EschatonDX said:
Dude i actually can't decide whether K2 or this has better graphics

i really said wow, naughty dog am god.

Me either one thing for sure is they are both the best looking things hands down I have ever seen.

Wow! Looks like no more plastic plant jungles, guess Naughty Dog saw Crysis and realized they couldn't approach that level of realistic vegetation.

I have played Crysis and I thought Uncharted's Jungle was phenomenally realized.

wotter

Jizz in my pants :D

Looks like K2 has some competition...
(and btw, I don't care, both look amazing and I'm getting them both)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
John_B said:
Not really. You don't seem to have played the game. There are areas that look worse for sure, but other are pretty much identical if not better.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
John_B said:
I think I give up. Pixar could have rendered something amazing, slapped "Uncharted 2" on it, and people would still eat it up.

Jesus dude... will you shut the fuck up already?

People trust Naught Dog because they always deliver; they have a proven track record. I don't even know what the hell you're trying to accomplish that you have to "give up". You've been arguing the most inane shit since yesterday... seriously... it's like you're hung up on pointless fucking semantics.

Oh... but it's not actually Realtime™

Whatever. :lol

KTallguy

Banned
John_B said:

Oh relax.

My only worry is how they'll handle traversing such an uneven environment.
If you look at games like Gears and take away all of the textures, it's just boxes in a room, really.

jonnyp

Oh dear...

tino

Banned
This is a second installment of the story happens somewhere in China? I demand an annoying kid in it?

Docta Jones Docta Jones!

Doc Evils

John_B said:

They are far from perfect (no shadows will be this generation), and the shadows in these shots are mind blowing.

R2 has some levels that have amazing lighting. The only problem is that it's not always consistent.

Something tells me you haven't played the game.

FirewalkR

R2 looks like the "bullshots" except for the overall clean look of them. Lots of AA and AF in those and Quincunx in the final product tends to blur a bit more.

I think at the time R2 generated those screenshots with the engine but couldn't get them running in real-time yet.

I have no doubt Uncharted 2 will look like what you guys are seeing in this thread. I just really really really hope this time there's no tearing.

Top Bottom