• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Trek Online Free to Play |OT| Boldly freeloading where others have subbed before

eastx

Hey guys, Windows Central is livestreaming Star Trek Online tonight at 6pm PT/9pm ET and giving out some rad prizes:
  • 3 Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection Blu-ray sets - All 6 original Star Trek films in one collection! Open to US, Canadia, and UK residents only - prize will be of appropriate region.
  • 6 Star Trek Online ' Tal Shiar Adapted Battlecruiser' ships for Xbox One. The Tier 6 Khlinae-class battlecruiser is one of the many ships used to great effect by the Tal Shiar.
  • 6 Star Trek Online 'Faction Packs' for PlayStation 4 (North American accounts only). Contains unique ships, pets, uniforms, bridge officers, and titles for Federation, Klingon, and Romulan factions!
Check out the stream article for full details:

http://www.windowscentral.com/star-trek-online-reckoning-stream

This thread hasn't seen action in awhile. I started playing again, and I recruited a good friend of mine to join in on the fun. He's pretty damned active. I'm just wondering if there's avenues to gain more active people to run fleet actions for those oh so boring reputation mark grinds on a weekly basis.

I'm embarrassed at myself for having only omega task force maxed out, because I want to get the full cosmetic sets of armor from that faction. Problem is, queue's sometimes take upwards of 20 minutes for the quick and dirty ones like advanced conduit. I want to start breaking out more, and gather a variety of aesthetic (armor looking) clothing options.

xclaw

This thread hasn't seen action in awhile. I started playing again, and I recruited a good friend of mine to join in on the fun. He's pretty damned active. I'm just wondering if there's avenues to gain more active people to run fleet actions for those oh so boring reputation mark grinds on a weekly basis.

I'm embarrassed at myself for having only omega task force maxed out, because I want to get the full cosmetic sets of armor from that faction. Problem is, queue's sometimes take upwards of 20 minutes for the quick and dirty ones like advanced conduit. I want to start breaking out more, and gather a variety of aesthetic (armor looking) clothing options.

PC or console?

I'm enjoying how active all the console queues are at least as a PS4 gamer.

Really wish there was a more active community online, reddit seems to be the most active. Still a ton of players playing at least from my perspective but anything "offline" seems dead.

I was talkin about PC. Sorry about that. I forgot that STO was released on consoles recently. I'm glad to hear that it's spreading out to other systems. I want this game to stay around for as long as possible.

Also we need more active projects for the starbase please. I wanna be able to contribute to them as much as possible since I actually took the time to fire up my subscription again, so I'll have a lot of extra stuff to contribute to projects. :)

TyrantII

Heads up for console players, they fixed the Dyson Lore glitched Trophy/Achievement

Also they have a free T6 science ship and level cap accelerator package to claim from the C-store. Perfect to start a science character.

While I'm here, does gaf have a PS4 fleet? (Active)

I spent a lot of credits to get all of my ship's weapons to MK XIV...and none of them increased in rarity even with boosters. I am sad now, but at least they hit harder!

Apologies for double posts, but almost felt proud of hitting almost 700k lifetime contributions to the fleet base...then I saw darth's almost 90 million combined contributions. That makes me feel so so tiny...

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I guess there aren't a lot of people still playing from here, but if anyone still has a large pool of stipend Zen from lifetime subscriptions, they're running a flash sale of 30% off on any discount packs in the C-store until 9PM EST tonight.

Might be a good time to burn the stipends to get some of the newer ships.

For example, the T6 Flagship bundle, consisting of three variants each for all three factions, is 8400 Zen, or 17 months of stipends.

Var

I guess there aren't a lot of people still playing from here, but if anyone still has a large pool of stipend Zen from lifetime subscriptions, they're running a flash sale of 30% off on any discount packs in the C-store until 9PM EST tonight.

Might be a good time to burn the stipends to get some of the newer ships.

For example, the T6 Flagship bundle, consisting of three variants each for all three factions, is 8400 Zen, or 17 months of stipends.

Spent all of my stipend a couple days earlier on R&D packs. :-(

Now I am just waiting for the promotion to end so I can throw them up on the exchange and get space rich.

xclaw

Spent all of my stipend a couple days earlier on R&D packs. :-(

Now I am just waiting for the promotion to end so I can throw them up on the exchange and get space rich.

Did you get any ships or is there something valuable in the R&D packs as well? I spent more than I should have with the gamble hoping for a ship. Just got loads of materials instead. :(

Var

Did you get any ships or is there something valuable in the R&D packs as well? I spent more than I should have with the gamble hoping for a ship. Just got loads of materials instead. :(

Got one of the T6 choice packs early on so I have about 60 of the unopened Infinity packs left I am going to put on the exchange after the promotion ends.

Played this a fair bit on PS4, the Delta Quadrant questline wore me out though.

I was also hitting a point where f2p limits meant as someone not spending I wasn't progressing my character much at all.

Also the foot controls and foot combat are awful.

Var

Played this a fair bit on PS4, the Delta Quadrant questline wore me out though.

I really liked the main quest line in the Delta Quadrant, but all the filler patrol and protect missions they threw in there makes it really annoying to rerun on my alts.

Var

edit: sorry, doublepost!

A bunch of specials start running today until September 5th:

Packs on the Arc website are 25%-50% off (kind of tempted to get the Temporal one)

20% off services sale

Zen Bonus for purchasing through the Arc website. It looks like consoles get a Zen discount instead of bonus.

Var

Season 14 is being released on Oct 3rd. The new fleet holding sounds interesting.

"We’re incredibly happy to announce that Season 14 – Emergence will be coming to Star Trek Online on PC October 3 and will follow soon on Xbox One and PlayStation®4!

In Emergence, players will reunite with Captain Geordi La Forge, voiced by LeVar Burton from Star Trek: The Next Generation, for a brand-new featured episode, “Melting Pot.” You’ll accompany La Forge and Captain Kuumaarke (voiced by Kipleigh Brown) to a new colony world on Dranuur, established by the Lukari and their long-lost sister species, the recently rediscovered Kentari. How will these two long-separated species learn to interact and coexist? You’ll find out, in “Melting Pot.”

In addition, the update brings a brand-new, five-tier Fleet Holding held on the colony itself. Players and their fleets will help the two races build a new world together and unlock great rewards for their fleets.

There will also be a brand-new Tzenkethi Red Alert, two new Fleet Holding defense queues and a new Primary Specialization called the “Miracle Worker,” bringing your captain the engineering wonders of our favorite Chief Engineers of the past, like Montgomery Scott, Geordi La Forge and B’elanna Torres."

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10648434-season-14-launches-october-3

Hellers

So a thing happened just now. I patched and logged in to grab my free Discovery uniform unlock. In the promotions part it said I had the 7 pack classic bridge crew holograms so I claimed it.

4iYq3ug.png

WCi1vcT.png

Did they do a giveaway that I missed? I certainly didn't attend the convention

Var

So a thing happened just now. I patched and logged in to grab my free Discovery uniform unlock. In the promotions part it said I had the 7 pack classic bridge crew holograms so I claimed it.

4iYq3ug.png

WCi1vcT.png

Did they do a giveaway that I missed? I certainly didn't attend the convention

I know they were sending some to people through email a few months back, I got mine that way. My guess is they did it again recently. I wish they would do the EMH boff that way. :-(

Top Bottom