• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

I think this is a issue T10 are looking into - per their FM.net forums. Maybe sorted in a day one patch?

I'm certainly hoping so. It'd be such a waste to see all of the awesome LMP cars returning without a way to get rid of the Indycars/F1s that it mixes in when you try to race them.

Azzawon

No prizes for guessing the fastest D-class car at the moment then.

H7m9Xvh.jpg

willbsn13

I'm certainly hoping so. It'd be such a waste to see all of the awesome LMP cars returning without a way to get rid of the Indycars/F1s that it mixes in when you try to race them.

Yeah or an easy fix to this would be letting us able to pick which cars the drivatars used in free play.

Yeah or an easy fix to this would be letting us able to pick which cars the drivatars used in free play.

It has to be a server issue like we said, because we know for a fact that the console can handle it in solo play, *and* we could do the same in the previous games albeit with their lower car counts.

But yeah, the simplest solution would be to add the advanced options tabs to free play, then I wouldn't even need to make a networked game as a workaround.

frontieruk

Thinking about pre ordering this game through Best Buy since I have credit with them, I have Forza 5, Im so bad at these racing games I always hit the wall LOL what do you all think, worth purchasing?

Depends if you enjoy track racing, its an improvement over Forza 5 in every way, of you prefer more arcadey driving I'd point you towards Forza Horizon 2 demo

At the same time you should try Forza 6 demo see how you get on :).

Depends if you enjoy track racing, its an improvement over Forza 5 in every way, of you prefer more arcadey driving I'd point you towards Forza Horizon 2 demo

At the same time you should try Forza 6 demo see how you get on :).

Yeah I think I am going to get this game for sure, Im just really bad at racing, with the controller, no matter what I do, PS4, Wii U, Im just a really bad racer LOL

Great OT. It's basically what we wanted Forza 5 to be. Hopefully there'll be some solid support with DLC tracks and stuff.

I noticed a bug; As far as I know the Vauxhall Astra (Top Gear edition) is supposed to be waterproof, but when racing in the rain the badge on the steering wheel gets wet with raindrops...

To test drivers, its so slow though :(

Walls were hit... But they jumped out at us, honest.

PSA
As a side note quoting the OP will reveal the link to the ForzaGAF member list feel free to add yourself and find guys to race online or as Rivals.

So from what you have seen, you highly recommend this game? I can get it for 30 bucks with the 20 dollars in rewards certificates I have through best buy :)

frontieruk

So from what you have seen, you highly recommend this game? I can get it for 30 bucks with the 20 dollars in rewards certificates I have through best buy :)

It's losing to Mario maker for my time ATM, but that'll change when there are more of us online.

If you enjoyed 5 then yes I'd recommend it ;)

frontieruk

Leave the racing line assists on and it should help you get better

I'd wager its braking that's leading to the intimate knowledge of the track boundaries.

Probably locking them steering and braking at the same time and momentum does the rest.

golem

I'd wager its braking that's leading to the intimate knowledge of the track boundaries.

Probably locking them steering and braking at the same time and momentum does the rest.

Yeah one thing about forza and its assists is there doesnt seem to be any actual tutorials on how to drive, why you take the lines you take, maintaining momentum, doing the majority of braking in straight lines, etc.

Outrun

The Mclaren F1 GT is a beast.

I wish we had a F50 GT.

This game is amazing online. 24 players... Insane.

zorbsie

m0dus that looks fantastic.
I'm pumped for Tuesday. Too many of my friends have the ultimate edition. It's killing me to look at my friends list. :)

Naked Lunch

No Suzuka Circuit no buy.

Also am I blind or is Monza not in the game? I thought I heard it was in and I even saw the track logo in the demo.

Also am I blind or is Monza not in the game? I thought I heard it was in and I even saw the track logo in the demo.

Monza is 100% in. Main track, main track without chicane, and the short version. Seems like you encounter the chicane-less version way more often in career.

Koppai

So I have never played Forza before since I just got an Xbox One for the first time (won it in a contest freeeee!) and I downloaded the demo.

I love the graphics, they are wonderful. I hate the driving though...it seems really clunky and I don't know why the cars seem to auto brake when coming up to curves, that annoys me to no end!

Loved the indy car racing though, that was really fun. Not sure what to think. I did preorder it at Best Buy, I have Gamers Club Unlocked so it's $47.99 and you get a $10 certificate with it too. Guess I will just give it a try.

I skipped out on Need for Speed and Driveclub because I heard they were garbage so really hoping I like this? Does it have local multiplayer?

I skipped out on Need for Speed and Driveclub because I heard they were garbage so really hoping I like this? Does it have local multiplayer?

Are you a fan of arcadey physics or realistic ones? If the latter, you'll enjoy it massively once you disable the autobraking. And yes, it has 2-player split screen as far as I'm aware, but it's rather intensive so it doesn't support AI cars.

Gestault

I'm really excited for the 15th. I digital pre-ordered the standard edition. Does that have an automatic pre-load, or was that just for the special editions?

Also, M0dus is rad.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So I have never played Forza before since I just got an Xbox One for the first time (won it in a contest freeeee!) and I downloaded the demo.

I love the graphics, they are wonderful. I hate the driving though...it seems really clunky and I don't know why the cars seem to auto brake when coming up to curves, that annoys me to no end!

Loved the indy car racing though, that was really fun. Not sure what to think. I did preorder it at Best Buy, I have Gamers Club Unlocked so it's $47.99 and you get a $10 certificate with it too. Guess I will just give it a try.

The assists are turned on, that's what's bothering you.

frontieruk

Please find the track list updated.

Were you driving the Ford GT by any chance? The demo starts in full hand hold mode, once you're past that hit up the assists menu pre race and switch off stearing and braking to fix that clunk.

Gestault

The first race of the demo has all the assists on, including the auto-breaking. Once those are off, it should be good. And yeah, it has local multi. The Motorsport games have kept that right along, thankfully.

Yeah I think I am going to get this game for sure, Im just really bad at racing, with the controller, no matter what I do, PS4, Wii U, Im just a really bad racer LOL

In forza 5 I couldn't get a hang of steering until I tried cockpit view. I think seeing the steering wheel turn helped me get a better idea of where the wheels were pointing. Once I switched, the car started (mostly) going in the direction I wanted. I'd say my performance jumped by 100% (though still shitty compared to pros I'm sure)

willbsn13

I don't think Suzuka is going to be in any time soon as well :(

PCars couldn't get the license and promptly had to call it Sakitto and change the layout a little bit.

And you'd think surely, why wouldn't T10 just do that?

Well listening in to the Forza friday stream, they pretty much said they'd never do something like that ever again. The main reason being that Microsoft is a bigger company and they wouldn't be able to get away with it like they used too - referring back to Forza 1 when they had a clear Bathurst rip off called Blue Mountain Raceway.

So unless they can get the license which seems incredibly hard at this stage, then Suzuka is a no go :(

Koppai

Omg thank you for answering so quickly y'all, I am such a newb to it so I wasn't sure what the hell was going on with that game design. x_x

I will admit I am more of a fan of the arcade type style but have gotten quite bored with those games over the years, and I heard Forza is one of the best in it's genre so why not? :)

willbsn13

It has to be a server issue like we said, because we know for a fact that the console can handle it in solo play, *and* we could do the same in the previous games albeit with their lower car counts.

But yeah, the simplest solution would be to add the advanced options tabs to free play, then I wouldn't even need to make a networked game as a workaround.

Got a response from a T10 staff member on the forums. It looks like they'll bring to option to choose what cars the drivatars drive/what divison type they use in free play soon.

Let me try to add a bit of clarity to this issue.
FM6 does restrict every player to 5 drivatars in multiplayer. So to get to a full 24 player lobby with drivatars you need 4 human players.

There are technical reasons for this: there is CPU and network overhead involved in playing in multiplayer. When you're racing in multiplayer we have to your CPU and network connection to send updates to the server (which then sends those updates to everybody else) about what you and your car is doing.

When you're running drivatars in a multiplayer lobby, each drivatar gets an "owner". This is the player whose console does the processing and sends the updates for the drivatar's car. This takes CPU and network upload bandwidth, and uses more of both the more cars you're controlling on your console.
To make sure you can run at a flawless 60 fps and use as little bandwidth as possible (so that the game doesn't hog your connection and works for those of you on slower connections), we set that restriction to 5 drivatars per console/connection.

That's the explanation for what is happening and why. That said, we've heard you loud and clear. And we know you're looking for a specific experience (racing a full field of certain cars or car types) that you can't get in Free Play and are turning to multiplayer for that. We're always listening trying our best to provide you with the experiences you want.

I hope that the technical explanation helps, if only a little bit.

Got a response from a T10 staff member on the forums. It looks like they'll bring to option to choose what cars the drivatars drive/what divison type they use in free play soon.

Doesn't sound too direct in promising what we want, but at least a response is better than nothing.

willbsn13

Doesn't sound too direct in promising what we want, but at least a response is better than nothing.

He also said this:

I completely understand what you're trying to do, and I do hope that I'll have a great solution for you to be able to get the exact experience you're looking for.

Again, doesn't promise anything, but I think he's just a community manager so I guess he can't promise to fix it - only let the team know and hope they do so. There are a few other bugs that are probably pre-occupying them at this stage so once they get them done, hopefully we'll get a fix!

Top Bottom