• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don Mattrick: "Fortunately" consumers without a connection can buy Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freki

I4VFhcJ.png

Geoff Keighley had an interview with Don Mattrick (recorded pre conference) - here are some excerpts:

Keighley:"Did you know or did you anticipate the way the people would push back?"
Mattrick:"Absolutely - it's a super passionate community of people... till you use it [Xbox One] it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

Mattrick: "Xbox has been created by gamers for gamers."

Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

Mattrick: "The avarage internet connection is working the majority of the day - people are imagining that it isn't... It's change. There was a point in time when people would say all i want my phone to do is make a phonecall."

more can be found here: link

edit:

old link is not working anymore - it's still up on Youtube

edit2:

GT Video is back up again...

edit3:

Haha, wow. All those quotes are gold!

They are foolish. Or maybe I am. Maybe the Xbox will sell in droves. I can't predict people's buying habits any better than Pachter.

Mattrick:"Absolutely - it's a super passionate community of people... till you use it [Xbox One] it's really hard to understand what all the advantages are."

That's fine, but tell us the advantages then. Show us.

Jason Rubin on Bonus Round Live summed it up perfectly when he agreed that the current model needs to change, but said Microsoft is doing it with a stick and without the carrot.

I expect Xbox One games to be cheaper than their PS4 counterparts as a result of the new model. If not, then epic fail.

Proelite

Geoff Keighley had an interview with Don Mattrick (recorded pre conference) - here are some excerpts:

Keighley:"Did you know or did you anticipate the way the people would push back?"

Mattrick: "Xbox has been created by gamers for gamers."

Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360"

Mattrick: "The avarage internet connection is working the majority of the day - people are imagining that it isn't... It's change. There was a point in time when people would say all i want my phone to do is make a phonecall."

more can be found here: link

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

DMczaf

So we have to pay you $500 to understand?

Please understand.

I might be going against the tide on this one, but I am genuinely excited for the Xbox One. Will be getting both consoles anyway, but I think the new Xbox has amazing potential.

Anyway, as always, it will come down to how well the developers create games that use its unique features.

Well they clearly didn't, but that doesn't matter any more. What does matter is that they still don't have any positive spin with which to respond to these inevitable questions.

PKrockin

What advantages? Please tell me.

JABEE

He also acted like the only people without internet for the check-ins are people that are edge cases that live in nuclear submarines. He said those people should buy Xbox 360s.

Or how about some games are online required if they are online required to play, but do away with the DRM BS? Seriously MS, just put an "Internet required for this title" label on certain games.

Oh, thats right, this about control and money, not consumer benefits.

VariantX

So, he was basically going to make second class citizens out of people who don't want to have to connect to the internet just to play their single player games or didn't have reliable connections? Just because they couldn't be connected and funnel money into their pockets 24/7? Ok.

:(

I loved MS during the original and the early to mid-360 years. Such a shame to see where they've ended up now.

Oh well, Sony at least knows how to talk to us. Even if they are just a money hungry corporation with shareholders to please.

I don't think he understands how the internet works in certain parts of the world. My connection is spotty at best.
Xboxone would be a bad investment for me, and I live in Ohio.
Europe is already out with that ridiculous price.
Japan doesn't give a fuck about xbox.

Game over.

Nafai1123

Banned
Mattrick: "Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called xbox 360" link

So you're telling me I can't play those next-gen games if I don't have internet because of "cloud power" but I can play them on PS4? Fuck off.

What blows my mind more is the people who defend this. Mattrick is splurting bullshit because he has to, it's his job. It's fine to be fans of MS. I've got an Xbox 360 with over 80 games, but this has really brought out the arrogance and ignorance of people.

Lombax

Banned

HAHA god damn it, that made me laugh.

bud

it really rubs me the wrong way how geoff really goes in hard, raw, and completely without disregard for reggie's feelings as not only a businessman, but above all, a man, a hopeless, lost man. but mattrick gets off pretty easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom