• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inti Creates: 2 Switch games getting announced at BitSummit

I'm kind of curious on whether they'd do another Gunvolt. Gunvolt was clearly a success with 180K downloads. Gunvolt 2 had much fewer downloads at 38K. As such, there's the question of do folks want another Gunvolt, but Gunvolt 2 just wasn't appealing or not different enough? Or was the first one more than enough? Blaster Master Zero just came out (and is doing well), but I'd think it'd be way too early to announce any sort of sequel to that.

Personally speaking, I bought the first expecting a mega man style game, but it wasn't quite that, and I wasn't a fan of the ways it diverged, so I didn't bother with G2.

Fiendcode

I think Gunvolt is their pet project, and a Switch (or a Steam? Not sure how the first game did on it) port of 2 would probably get more sales. Don't think they would release Gunvolt DLC for Blaster Master if they were giving up on the IP.
Steamspy numbers for all Inti's games:

Mighty Gunvolt: 31,227 ±5,142
Azure Striker Gunvolt: 29,456 ± 4,994
Gal*Gun: Double Peace: 15,946 ±3,674

Shantae and the Pirate's Case: 234,094 ±14,076
Mighty No. 9: 65,777 ±7,463
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: 49,166 ±6,452

WarRock

Mega man legacy collection 2
A new mega man in 3D

Stop laughing
Legacy Collection is not Inti and is kinda confirmed?

Steamspy numbers for all Inti's games:

Mighty Gunvolt: 31,227 ±5,142
Azure Striker Gunvolt: 29,456 ± 4,994
Gal*Gun: Double Peace: 15,946 ±3,674

Shantae and the Pirate's Case: 234,094 ±14,076
Mighty No. 9: 65,777 ±7,463
Shantae: Half-Genie Hero: 49,166 ±6,452
Mighty selling more than Azure is such a shame, even though the margin is not that big. On the other hand, with the difference in price I hoped a bigger margin.

ldar247

Banned
I enjoyed the first two Azure Striker games even though they were nothing like Megaman like I expected. I'd be all over a third.

leroidys

One of these probably is Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. They programmed MM9 and 10, so it's very possible they would work on porting these games to the collection.

Fiendcode

One of these probably is Mega Man Legacy Collection 2. They programmed MM9 and 10, so it's very possible they would work on porting these games to the collection.
They're announcing two Switch games at an indie festival. One isn't going to be MMLC2.

brainpann

Seriously hoping for Gunvolt and whatever else. MMZ collection would be amazeballs but I doubt that will happen. Would love to finally play 4 on the switch.

leroidys

They're announcing two Switch games at an indie festival. One isn't going to be MMLC2.

OK, didn't know it was an indie event, that's not anywhere in the OP. I don't see what it being a game for switch has to do with it though.

MMLC2 is more likely than all the people saying Zero/ZX anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
As much as I'd love a new Megaman Zero/ZX, I guess it'd be Capcom the one that would announce them, not Inti Creates. I guess I'd be ok with a new Gunvolt, but after playing the first one I kind of wish they made an outright Megaman clone instead because I don't like GV's mechanics that much.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Has that been confirmed? I was under the impression DICO and Monobit were added to support Inti, not to replace them.

If they replaced the studio midway through development then that's actually kinda worrisome.

No idea actually, there never was an official statement whether Inti was working on the game still or not. After Mighty No. 9 turned out the way they might've just wanted the spotlight off the fact that Inti's working on this too, I s'pose

TreIII

As much as I'd love a new Megaman Zero/ZX, I guess it'd be Capcom the one that would announce them, not Inti Creates. I guess I'd be ok with a new Gunvolt, but after playing the first one I kind of wish they made an outright Megaman clone instead because I don't like GV's mechanics that much.

Yeah, this is me.

Blaster Master restored my faith in Inti, after not really digging a lot of their "post-Mega Man" works, though, so I'm a bit more hyped to see what they could do next.

Fiendcode

OK, didn't know it was an indie event, that's not anywhere in the OP. I don't see what it being a game for switch has to do with it though.

MMLC2 is more likely than all the people saying Zero/ZX anyway.
Oh sure, it's not going to be Zero/ZX either. I sort of doubt Inti ever works on MM again to be honest.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is my opinion of GV as well. Good, but not near Zero/ZX levels at all.

aadiboy

Why are people suggesting Mega Man games when Bitsummit is for indie games? And why would Inti Creates announce ports of those games when Capcom own the IPs?

Top Bottom