• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drawn To Death |OT| NeoJaffe is Back (READ MOD POST)

HeeHo

I thought it was hilarious how Dan was freaking out over the game during the quick look. It really caught my attention, it almost seemed like he was going crazy over it. I'm in the camp that it seems kind of annoying too, but I think it was because Dan kept harping over it.

I really want to keep playing this game, but I'm afraid I am cursed to be forever terrible. I've only won a handful of games, and get absolutely slaughtered in Ranked. I've tried most of the characters, I have most luck with Bronco. I use the laser weapon, but aside from that, don't really have much luck with other guns. I'm a few more bad losses from giving up.

Same thing happened in Twisted Metal for PS3. Still love that game, but was terrible online.

This game seems alright. Kind of surprised by how well it controls.
My only gripe is that you stay in the air for too long when you jump around. It feels weird.

hurzelein

I really want to keep playing this game, but I'm afraid I am cursed to be forever terrible. I've only won a handful of games, and get absolutely slaughtered in Ranked. I've tried most of the characters, I have most luck with Bronco. I use the laser weapon, but aside from that, don't really have much luck with other guns. I'm a few more bad losses from giving up.

Same thing happened in Twisted Metal for PS3. Still love that game, but was terrible online.

I'm not great myself, but most people I see struggling are too aggressive, things are getting extremly hectic and they don't yet have the knowledge of the game/their character to survive these situations.
If you like Bronco, get the Rocket Launcher and a quick gun, keep the Laser Weapon for example, I like the standard Assault rifle. Then on the Battlefield concrentate on the Rocket Launcher. Land, set your drone, jump high (slide with L1 and jump immediately for a high jump), search your target, fire rocket Launcher, repeat. Use your quick weapon situational. Most important: Be defensive: Run away from fights for health packs. Wait for your meter to recharge. Wait for the enemies to attack someone else. Don't think you miss out on kills because you are not in the action for 20 seconds. It's the other way round.

Not sure if these are good tips, but playing like that helped me a lot. I die much less, get a decent amount of kills and have much less of the "omg what am I doing" type of situations. Maybe give it a try :)

Try to not die instead of getting as many kills as possible. Over time, that helps you get much better.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Is there a run stamina on a visual or something so I can understand why my dude all of a sudden won't run? Or am I just fucking something up control-wise?

I'm cruising along and then my run stops right before I jump and I'm just floating there, like "kill me now!" I can't play anyone but Diabla 'cuz I need the triple jump to get me outta that situation.

*Splinter

Is there a run stamina on a visual or something so I can understand why my dude all of a sudden won't run? Or am I just fucking something up control-wise?

I'm cruising along and then my run stops right before I jump and I'm just floating there, like "kill me now!" I can't play anyone but Diabla 'cuz I need the triple jump to get me outta that situation.
Yeah it's the brown bar on the bottom right. It'll refill after a couple of seconds.

The yellow bar is for your special movement abilities (flying, invisible, probably triple jump? etc) and refills by waiting or picking up puke packs or whatever they're called.

thumb

Banned
Man, the repetitive lines the characters spout, with almost no variation, is really getting to me. And I don't mean upon popping a special move--those lines serve to inform or warn those around you. I mean when entering a map or getting a kill.

I'M NOT COCKY HQ...
I'M NOT COCKY HQ...
I'M NOT COCKY HQ...
I'M NOT COCKY HQ...

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Yeah it's the brown bar on the bottom right. It'll refill after a couple of seconds.

The yellow bar is for your special movement abilities (flying, invisible, probably triple jump? etc) and refills by waiting or picking up puke packs or whatever they're called.

Sweet thx

I tried playing ranked last night and couldn't. Every attempted match ended with a teammate leaving or me leaving because it was organ donor. If the numbers are so low that not even psplus can save it, then maybe they should just drop it to ftp. I like the game, I really do, but the matchmaking is in a sorry state.

Imbarkus

I tried playing ranked last night and couldn't. Every attempted match ended with a teammate leaving or me leaving because it was organ donor. If the numbers are so low that not even psplus can save it, then maybe they should just drop it to ftp. I like the game, I really do, but the matchmaking is in a sorry state.

Dude if you want a healthy non-quitting player base than quit quitting. Suck it up and play the mode, you're just experiencing instant karma.

Dude if you want a healthy non-quitting player base than quit quitting. Suck it up and play the mode, you're just experiencing instant karma.

No. I don't want to play the mode. If I had a preference choice, or if it was player vote, I wouldn't quit. I'm not being strong armed into a mode I hate. By not giving me a choice, or preference, they're forcing me to play a mode I dislike to keep the illusion of a large playerbase with a large number of gamemodes. By quitting, before a match starts, mind you, I'm killing that illusion. Commit to a classic gamemode or give me a choice.

I'm not blaming those people either. I'm blaming the crappy matchmaking that put them in a position that made them want to quit. If it wasn't matching rank 19s or 20+s to rank 1s they wouldn't be quitting either. It's a bad system.

Imbarkus

Y-Z

The matchmaking really needs a fix, but it might be the playerbase. I really like the game but am constantly playing against people with much, much higher MMR and they destroy me in 5 minutes.

paulogy

The matchmaking really needs a fix, but it might be the playerbase. I really like the game but am constantly playing against people with much, much higher MMR and they destroy me in 5 minutes.

I often end up against two, and they're both on the opposing team. If it was free-for-all some of that would even out, but it's usually a Core Team Deathmatch bloodbath (and it's my blood)

Y-Z

I often end up against two, and they're both on the opposing team. If it was free-for-all some of that would even out, but it's usually a Core Team Deathmatch bloodbath (and it's my blood)

Yeah, i have this problem as well.

Darknight

This game is weird.

I suck at it but cant pin point why. I always feel like there is someone killing me with 1-2 shots while I have to offload on someone to try to kill them.

Its not like I suck at shooters. I can hold my weight say on BLOPS3, Battlefront/Battlefield.

I dont know why but I feel arcadey shooters are always rough for me even going back to Warhawk days.

I do wish it was easier to get hit notifications or health representation on the hud.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
This game is weird.

I suck at it but cant pin point why. I always feel like there is someone killing me with 1-2 shots while I have to offload on someone to try to kill them.

Its not like I suck at shooters. I can hold my weight say on BLOPS3, Battlefront/Battlefield.

I dont know why but I feel arcadey shooters are always rough for me even going back to Warhawk days.

I do wish it was easier to get hit notifications or health representation on the hud.

Well there are a lot of different weapons which perform in a lot of different ways. Some hit harder, and some are pretty pathetic. Some take finesse to use for greater results, and some take even more finesse to use for just okay results.

ThisOne

Yes, exactly that.

Newest update feels like it nerfed a lot of stuff to the point of feeling foreign, kind of a bummer

I hadn't played much in the last week or so so it didn't feel much different to me haha.

I like this game, but I kinda doubt it's going to have any sort of longevity, which is sort of a shame.

Foxxsoxx

So this game going to Flop ?

have yet to give it a shot just yet

Give it a try man. It takes a minute to get into but if it clicks it is really fun.

In other news I'm getting into Ninjaw after maining mostly Diabla and really liking her. That grapple is mint.

Glad more maps are coming, I really do enjoy the game, the only thing holding it back is the player size and jank.

I wonder if they make it F2P (which it basically already is) if it would do better.

boinx

Has anyone gotten to play the log jam map? I think it's a secret map or something cos I've never seen it on the list and it just came up randomly for me once.

ThisOne

I keep going back and forth on this game. When things are clicking and you're getting kills, it's tons of fun. When the lag is bad you're just getting dominated, it is so frustrating.

Part of the problem is that weapons and things unlock really slowly. I've played quite a bit and still don't know what half the weapons do.

Foxxsoxx

The newest stream showed off even more new maps and a character, all in development. Really like watching these in my spare time, the devs all seem really cool.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138740803

Sugar Rush looks awesome, along with Grindhouse and Silo.

The snow one looks like it needs more to it, but I do like that there is snow. You can tell it is super early though.

Anyway after having a horrible day playing yesterday I jumped back in today and had way more fun. Discovered the quadzooka is strong as hell and practiced some with Johnny Savage who I'm starting to like more.

boinx

It's been kinda difficult finding matches the last couple days for me, not to the point where it takes ages but it's definitely not nearly as fast as at launch, especially ranked. How does the matchmaking work anyway?

I'm from Finland and I have seen a lot of finnish names in matches and if the regions are as limited as I think they are in matchmaking then that's something that should probably be changed.

If the player numbers are really already dwindling down then that's just a god damn shame cuz the game feels really fresh and I've been enjoying it a lot so far. I've even bought some lootboxes cos I wanna see these guys and this game to have some success.

Imbarkus

There was this button on the PS Plus tab on my PS4 that said "Play five matches of Drawn to Death to Enter!" with a button to "Learn More."

The button just took you to the game page. What am I entering? What can I win? Wut.

What a strange, disjointed contest hook.

boinx

The newest stream showed off even more new maps and a character, all in development. Really like watching these in my spare time, the devs all seem really cool.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138740803

Sugar Rush looks awesome, along with Grindhouse and Silo.

The snow one looks like it needs more to it, but I do like that there is snow. You can tell it is super early though.

Anyway after having a horrible day playing yesterday I jumped back in today and had way more fun. Discovered the quadzooka is strong as hell and practiced some with Johnny Savage who I'm starting to like more.

Omg that move where the new character glides with the vinyl looks so fucking rad.

Foxxsoxx

Omg that move where the new character glides with the vinyl looks so fucking rad.

Yeah she looks pretty rad.

Ended up buying the Twisted Metal skins and the 10 mystery box discount for $8. Got some pretty awesome skins from the boxes too. There are a lot more GIF taunts then I thought there were too.

Really loving the Sweet Tooth skins.

paulogy

How have things been for folks? They've been tweaking the matchmaking and I noticed a HUGE improvement last weekend. Getting into 4p (ranked) games nearly every time, and getting matched up with some good even competition too (not getting destroyed or necessarily dominating everytime).

boinx

How have things been for folks? They've been tweaking the matchmaking and I noticed a HUGE improvement last weekend. Getting into 4p (ranked) games nearly every time, and getting matched up with some good even competition too (not getting destroyed or necessarily dominating everytime).

I haven't played in a couple days but based on what you're saying I'm definitely gonna try to put in a couple matches today.

Imbarkus

Last time I played Ranked was the only mode it offered me, unless Unranked was hidden under the Custom (IIRC?) mode icon.

I'll check it out more this weekend.

Top Bottom