• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neon yellow joycon + battery pack extended announced

Not

Banned
9a7c75853495873ab6e11c1f36c8731c.jpg

This is the acceptable yellow color.

That's the color of urine if you're sick

Dinjoralo

That's the color of urine if you're sick
Or banana peels. Huh! D K!

I think I've nailed what the yellow is: highlighter. And I still think it's a nice shade of yellow, as long as it doesn't have that green tinge to it in real life.

At first I didn't have I interest in the better battery extenders since the battery life seems fine and they would have to be taken off to put in grips.

But then I realized it would cause it to have grippable bumps in the back when in handheld mode kind of like the Gamepad.

wiiu_nerfarmor_back.jpg

I like those bumps so much I got comfort grip cases that had bumps too.

I'm surprisingly happy about this.

I can't believe it's [CURRENT YEAR] and Nintendo has a handheld console that uses 4 AA-batteries.

AA batteries makes the thing consumer friendly, imo. Better than a proprietary battery that can crap out on you and be hard to replace like Game Boy Micro or whatever.

Peltz

At first I didn't have I interest in the better battery extenders since the battery life seems fine and they would have to be taken off to put in grips.

But then I realized it would cause it to have grippable bumps in the back when in handheld mode kind of like the Gamepad.

wiiu_nerfarmor_back.jpg

I like those bumps so much I got comfort grip cases that had bumps too.

I'm surprisingly happy about this.

Am I missing something? I thought you can't use these in handheld mode because they slide onto the rails of the joycons.

See?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
So with all the Arms fervor of late I decided to check in on the yellow joycon availability. Looks like Best Buy still has 'em available for pre-order. I'm guessing I should jump in on that while I still can?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Thought I'd go ahead and nab these in the hopes that the wireless connectivity has been fixed by now but they're listed as "coming soon" on Best Buy's site. Gah, waited too long.

What's the deal with colored joycons anyway? Is stock that bad or are they just constantly selling out immediately?

ArchAngel

Man, these things are thick. I don't think many Japanese or women with small hands will like this. Doesn't even feel good in hand (just bulky), but the stick from the right Joycon ist way better to use now with a bigger hand.

Kurdel

Banned
My local shop just got the yellow Joycon, can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

I'll post pics if no one else does.

KodaRuss

My local shop just got the yellow Joycon, can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

I'll post pics if no one else does.

I was going to stop at best buy and gamestop to see if they were going to get any this week. Really want those yellow ones. Might try the battery pack if impressions are good.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Just put in an in-store pickup order for a yellow set. Gonna pick it up after work tomorrow--if the connectivity issue is fixed my neon set is going on eBay more or less immediately.

Estoc

Where are my orange joycons, Nintendo? I have been waiting for a colour scheme that I like before getting a Switch.

Metroid edition? That's a long wait...

Uses AAs? For fuck's sake, Nintendo. Use a fucking rechargeable battery. -_-

Rechargable AA's are so much better. I always have a set sitting in my charger, so I can swap them out in a few seconds.

Internal rechargeable batteries need to be plugged in at some point, which means finding the right cable and waiting while they charge up.

Intel_89

Rechargable AA's are so much better. I always have a set sitting in my charger, so I can swap them out in a few seconds.

Internal rechargeable batteries need to be plugged in at some point, which means finding the right cable and waiting while they charge up.

I agree with this but regular batteries (or even rechargeables for that matter) are much more prone to bursting and corroding the contacts than internal batteries.

Kurdel

Banned
The yellow joycon is fucking ugle, not at all the colour on the packaging. May more neon, looks like a construction worker uniform.

I will post pics just now. Pretty bummed :(

The colors on the box don't represent any of the neon colors very well imo, they all look much better from what I've seen in person/in videos.

The yellow ones from videos look like a goddamn yellow highligher which is awesome (almost sort of a super bright green). I actually have the yellow ones sitting next to me from Best Buy that just arrived, but I'm tempted to hold off opening them in case the Green/Pink ones end up available for preorder from an import site for not an arm/leg....... here's hoping.

GetLucky

The colors on the box don't represent any of the neon colors very well imo, they all look much better from what I've seen in person/in videos.

The yellow ones from videos look like a goddamn yellow highligher which is awesome (almost sort of a super bright green). I actually have the yellow ones sitting next to me from Best Buy that just arrived, but I'm tempted to hold off opening them in case the Green/Pink ones end up available for preorder from an import site for not an arm/leg....... here's hoping.

Can confirm, just got mine and they're pretty much highlighter yellow!

kiri

Just got my Neon Yellow Joy-Cons - I now have a full set; 2x Neon Red, 2x Neon Blue, 2x Neon Yellow - they look amazing!

Kurdel

Banned
I would have like this color more than the fluorescent nightmare I bought.

I hope it glows in the dark.

The lighting in my pic is bad, but it'smcloser to reality than the package color.

RootCause

Thanks! That does look pretty different, but I have to admit. I like the highlighter color. :p
Hope theres a banana yellow in the works.

I need amazon to put them up.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned

The lighting in my pic is bad, but it'smcloser to reality than the package color.

If you have a chance, test them for the typical connectivity issues. I'm hoping these are fixed so I can dump my crappy launch neon set on eBay.

Gestault

I prefer the banana-yellow, closer to the official product photography.

Has anyone seen an official Pantone for what it's supposed to be?

tsab

I have the orange/blue Switch, getting a yellow and purple joycon set for mk8 multi once the sku gets released.
I like how the yellow joycon looks so far :)

Oooo I actually really like the highlighter yellow it is. Honestly I wish the Neon Blue was a little more neon like the yellow and red are.

Top Bottom