• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Owlboy is coming to Nintendo Switch

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Owlboy is the closest thing to a legit modern SNES game I've played in years, so this seems like a perfect fit.

Red Devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3aUyEEyWY
At least that's what I gather from this video.
Also shows some footage of Rime on Switch
and it doesn't look good, though it might be compression. Footage a minute in
Shows up here
Also shown:
YIIK: A Post Modern RPG
Steam World Dig 2
GoNNER
Dusty Raging Fist
Back Slash
WarGroove
Cave Story
Hollow Knight
and more

Mighty Gunvolt Blast coming to Switch according the video. Hopefully the other two games get released for it too.

Amir0x

Banned
this game is fucking awesome, buy it Switch owners

amazing soundtrack too and the gameplay and your abilities are actually properly contextualized within the bounds of the plot. It's also gorgeous and plays damn well and is a joy to explore.

Also has the best shop owner character in a game in years. You'll know what I mean when you see her!

this game is fucking awesome, buy it Switch owners

amazing soundtrack too and the gameplay and your abilities are actually properly contextualized within the bounds of the plot. It's also gorgeous and plays damn well and is a joy to explore.

Also has the best shop owner character in a game in years. You'll know what I mean when you see her!
Dang this is super convincing. I've never had much of an interest in Owlboy until recently.

vareon

Played the demo YEARS ago but never bought the full game because I'm not comfortable playing it on PC. This is definitely bought.

Neiteio

200w.gif
LOL, I missed this gif XD

watershed

Banned
So many great indies coming to the Switch. I think I'm gonna have more small indie games than retail games at the end of the year.

Neiteio

You know what indie game would be AWESOME on Switch?

header.jpg

Imagine that game, on the go, with HD Rumble

Anyone know if the dev for that game has said anything about Switch??

Corpekata

Banned
I hope many of the RTS indie games come on the Switch too. The touch controls will be perfect.

There really aren't very many RTS indie games in general.

Struggling to think of any really. Most stuff that comes to mind is mid tier (and unlikely to work with touch controls).

samred

Nintendo of Japan's official YouTube channel has a MUCH CLEARER version

Owlboy looks baller in that version.

Really hope Battle Mekuru comes to the States soon (and with some fixes to UI and, er, bad Engrish)

LQX

Hearing a Japanese voice over many of those games just sort of gives me a slight tingle as many of those games and or how they look could pass for some of the creative games we saw from Japanese devs in the 16-Bit era.

Also I had no SteamWorld Dig 2 was coming. I loved the fist games so cant wait.

Theswweet

Man, the Switch indie selection is really on point! Their strategy of filling up the slow periods with indie games is definitely working out for the better.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh FUCK

WarGroove is Advance Wars!

WTFFFFFFFFF where's the hype?!!?!
You're ridiculously late to the party :p plenty of people are hyped about it around here, but it's been a while since we got anything to discuss about it since it was announced for Switch in January.

Gaspard

You know what indie game would be AWESOME on Switch?

header.jpg

Imagine that game, on the go, with HD Rumble

Anyone know if the dev for that game has said anything about Switch??

HM was pretty sick on the vita but I would double dip for a Switch version (or cross my fingers for a HM3).

Banned
This is a game I intended on buying but secretly was waiting for a portable HD version for Switch.

zeromcd73

Not sure if anyone has posted it yet, but at the start of the video it says all the stuff they are showcasing will release on Switch before Fall.

Beth Cyra

I really hope Owlboy does well on Switch. Granted I can't stand the look of the game but damn it seems high quality from what I've heard so I hope it finds a good home with many folk.

I wonder if we'll get another Nindies Direct or Nintendo will put all these games in a Nindies reel at their E3 presentation. I think the latter might happen.

I wonder if we'll get another Nindies Direct or Nintendo will put all these games in a Nindies reel at their E3 presentation. I think the latter might happen.

There will probably be a Nindies reel at some point during E3 to show some things coming out and we might get an new indie game or two shown there not shown before. Sometimes, they have it after their E3 presentations or directs when they want to lead into Treehouse Live.

There will probably be a Nindies reel at some point during E3 to show some things coming out and we might get an new indie game or two shown there not shown before. Sometimes, they have it after their E3 presentations or directs when they want to lead into Treehouse Live.

I agree.

It took long enough to be announced lol. Told y'all it was coming. 👌🏻

We should be listening to vern more often. He knows it all!

Top Bottom