• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

also not sure if it's talked about yet in this thread since it's pretty much a pre-OT, that Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series is the most requested first guest character.

Which is...pretty awesome.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
i could just buy the pass separate? didn't know that.

honestly i don't really understand what the fuck a season pass is, i thought it only had to do with sports games.

if it's just dlc, why is it being called something else?

It's a set of DLC you pay for before the DLC contents are known in full. You get a promise, like "4 map packs" for instance, but unless you wait until the content has been released before buying the season pass, it's not clear what those maps are. For Tekken 7, they've promised costume packs, new stages, two new guest characters, and a new game mode, plus some metallic colors for preexisting costumes. We don't know what the costumes will be, what the stages will be, who the guests will be, or what the game mode will be, but the season pass guarantees you access to those things as soon as they release, and there's usually a slight discount from what you would pay buying each item separately.

It's a set of DLC you pay for before the DLC contents are known in full. You get a promise, like "4 map packs" for instance, but unless you wait until the content has been released before buying the season pass, it's not clear what those maps are. For Tekken 7, they've promised costume packs, new stages, two new guest characters, and a new game mode, plus some metallic colors for preexisting costumes. We don't know what the costumes will be, what the stages will be, who the guests will be, or what the game mode will be, but the season pass guarantees you access to those things as soon as they release, and there's usually a slight discount from what you would pay buying each item separately.

thanks for the explanations.

so a season pass is basically just...preordering dlc lol and you save some money while you're doing it.

harada got called out on including the season pass like it's bad practice or something, but i think he said something about ensuring that this game will get continued support after release?

Creaking

thanks for the explanations.

so a season pass is basically just...preordering dlc lol and you save some money while you're doing it.

harada got called out on including the season pass like it's bad practice or something, but i think he said something about ensuring that this game will get continued support after release?

Yeah, he explained it pretty well. There was a policy at Namco Bandai about dropping support for the game two(?) or so months after release because there was no paid post-release content, so this is his way of ensuring a longer life for the game, which may possibly include free updates alongside the season pass content.

For that reason, and because the two DLC characters are going to be brand new guests instead of classic characters merely iterated upon and sold, I'm going to buy it. Not enough 3D fighters on the market, and Tekken is one of my favorites, so I'd love to support it.

Yeah, he explained it pretty well. There was a policy at Namco Bandai about dropping support for the game two(?) or so months after release because there was no paid post-release content, so this is his way of ensuring a longer life for the game, which may possibly include free updates alongside the season pass content.

For that reason, and because the two DLC characters are going to be brand new guests instead of classic characters merely iterated upon and sold, I'm going to buy it. Not enough 3D fighters on the market, and Tekken is one of my favorites, so I'd love to support it.

Plus team Tekken/Harada have a good history with substantial and bountiful content.

Dereck

Doesn't feel like a lot of love was put into these new stages. A room with white cubes? And the kinder gym is basically fighting in a giant textured cube. Come on. And Infinite Azure just feels half-assed. At least throw in some seagulls or something. I expect more from Tekken stages.

sephi22

Too much dubstep soundtracks ugh
The GOAT Tekken composer Keiichi Okabe worked on Nier:Automata. Ever since they stopped using him Tekken OST's been generic af.

Still the GOAT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-6e-mjsqxs
This song has LAYERS

Atleast they have Tekken Tunes this time around too. Changing every stage to DR music

Doesn't feel like a lot of love was put into these new stages. A room with white cubes? And the kinder gym is basically fighting in a giant textured cube. Come on. And Infinite Azure just feels half-assed. At least throw in some seagulls or something. I expect more from Tekken stages.
I like Kinder Gym. Everytime someone loses to me and is salty or sends me hatemail, I'll ask them to pick Kinder Gym next time because it's a safe space.

Yeah, the stages look good, some are cool but after Tekken Tag Tournament 2, it's a bit disappointing. I love seeing life in the stages, Tekken 4 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 were the best in that regard.

BigEmil

The GOAT Tekken composer Keiichi Okabe worked on Nier:Automata. Ever since they stopped using him Tekken OST's been generic af.

This song has LAYERS

Atleast they have Tekken Tunes this time around too. Changing every stage to DR music

I like Kinder Gym. Everytime someone loses to me and is salty or sends me hatemail, I'll ask them to pick Kinder Gym next time because it's a safe space.
Damn right man shame.. though Tekken 7 got a few rare decent ones here and there like this ending theme

https://youtu.be/g2KKYb1amSk

AAK

This song has LAYERS

That song wasn't composed by Keiichi Okabe. Moonlit Wilderness was composed by Satoru Kousaki.

In Tekken 5 Keiichi Okabe composed:

Call of the Inferno
Twist and Scream

And the ending themes for the below characters:

Feng's Ending
Asuka's Ending
Kazuya's Ending
Bruce's Ending
Roger's Ending
Dragunov's Ending
Armor King's Ending

But I agree, outside of the Akuma, Precipice of Fate and Volcanic Pit themes, T7's OST is very underwhelming personally.

But the Akuma theme is easily one of the best in the series IMO.

Doomshine

Murray said Infinite Azure was made for the VR mode, but they made it playable without VR too.

Aggelos

But I agree, outside of the Akuma, Precipice of Fate and Volcanic Pit themes, T7's OST is very underwhelming personally.

But the Akuma theme is easily one of the best in the series IMO.

Those you've mentioned are fantastic tunes.
but, I want you to give second consideration to the following
->Dojo 2nd
->Arctic snowfall 1st and 2nd
->Kazumi's Theme and Devil Kazumi

And we are still waiting for the updated OST that will accommodate music for the new stages and stuff...

http://vgmdb.net/album/57972
http://vgmdb.net/album/58684

SRIN-1136_TEKKEN7_H1_500.jpg

TreIII

I just hope for one of either Roger, Roger Jr., or Alex. I love using those characters.

Spin it off from Jr's and Alex's TTT2 endings (which I think is as good as canon when it comes to the Roger family): Roger's deadbeat ass definitely needs to make amends with his wife and son. Alex goes off in the family's stead so that he can afford a vacation for his new friends/extended family!

Creaking

Spin it off from Jr's and Alex's TTT2 endings (which I think is as good as canon when it comes to the Roger family): Roger's deadbeat ass definitely needs to make amends with his wife and son. Alex goes off in the family's stead so that he can afford a vacation for his new friends/extended family!

That or Roger goes himself to prove that he's not just a useless bludger and to collect money for his son's college education fund.

I think I'd find it hilarious if they treated it as a serious family drama.

Menome

I'll just continue my low-key campaign to beg for Kunimitsu as a post-release addition. Hopefully there'll be someone on the main roster that I gel with at least half as well.

That or Roger goes himself to prove that he's not just a useless bludger and to collect money for his son's college education fund.

I think I'd find it hilarious if they treated it as a serious family drama.

They need to bring back Roger, and give him his glasses and tie.

I know we've had Jr., but they've given Roger all the character development, yet he's not been playable in years.

Numb

I'll just continue my low-key campaign to beg for Kunimitsu as a post-release addition. Hopefully there'll be someone on the main roster that I gel with at least half as well.

Getting Kunimitsu in Tag 2 already spent all her karma

I've been playing this nearly everyday I've been in Tokyo. It's a solid entry, I feel like odd numbered Tekkens have always been the better entries fixing what's wrong with the even numbered titles.

It's Tekken 6 if it was allowed to mellow like a fine wine and able to fine tune all the major changes to gameplay. Like Tekken 5 and 3 before it.

Man, im more and more hyped for Tekken 7.
It really looks / feels like a big and awesome, "next gen" fighting game package.
Are there any informations on PS4 Pro support?

Top Bottom