• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

Hybris

God is real

4e8d44022bbc2380664837553c82e9f1.png

Tacitus_

Glyph into Pyro lethal in arena, while facing lethal from him. I feel a bit dirty. I'd feel more dirty if he hadn't vinecleavered and adapted all his recruits.

Warrior is really underrated in Arena,i'm not sure why Kripp keeps on nagging about Arena Warrirors,my last two runs with Warrior since the start of the 1 free win promo has been;12-2 and 9-3 and now i started a third one(i expect this one to go 9+ as well).

12 win deck went as expected as i drafted 14 taunts(two Tar Lords and a possible third one thru elemental discovery) along with 3 weapons,what surprised me was the 9-3 run.I had no weapons and only 4 taunts(no tars big or small) it had good tempo and some good late game cards if it went to that in the form of Elise but deck was really nothing special,i expected 5-7 wins at most but somehow ended up really overachieving.I realize the talent pool in the Arena since the start of promo helped me get there but i still reckon Warrior is better than Druid and Priest in Arena,especially if you could draft a bunch of taunts.Rogue and Hunter stands no chance,Rogue in particular is really weak against Warrior,even if they have bunch of envenoms and Vilespine their hp doesnt last them enough to go into the real late game,only class that gave me real problems was Paladins and aggro Paladins at that,3 of my 5 combined losses occurred against aggro Pally's.Mage is an interesting match up,if they are minion heavy they stand no chance,if they are target removal heavy they still lose eventually as they flat out run out of stuff in the late game,aggro mage with a few fireballs is a bit more troubling,tho still winnable with correct strategy if you go first.

Blizzard

Banned
I've been playing maybe 4-6 months, and last night I think I saw something I've literally never seen before.

Someone playing Paladin played truesilver champion and then 0-mana dread corsair + patches for the combo. Unless they had a bunch of weapons that's quite the unusual combo, but I guess it worked out for them.

Tacitus_

I've been playing maybe 4-6 months, and last night I think I saw something I've literally never seen before.

Someone playing Paladin played truesilver champion and then 0-mana dread corsair + patches for the combo. Unless they had a bunch of weapons that's quite the unusual combo, but I guess it worked out for them.

Nah, that's a netdeck for aggressive murlocs. Though it is a somewhat new deck.

E:
Oh wow, I really underestimated the deck. 12-0 might be a first for me. And this is without the bonus win.

XCo12iK.jpg

rewards are kinda... underwhelming

Hb95MbS.jpg

Hybris

Look up Jambre's UK paladin. His was the first deck to start doing that. He finished rank 1 legend EU with it. It runs 2 rallying blade 2 truesilver

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
if it is something like summon a water elemental, it has a jaraxxus level of power while also having the freeze and lifesteal perks.

in that case the cost and the power level feel perfectly in line

Plus you wouldn't have to worry about waiting until you're lower in health before playing her.

Edit: I think this is the worst turn 3 play I've ever seen.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/i4y7mcp2RKGrdSCcYh9u8V

manhack

"Hmm..this 8 win mage deck isn't so great...how the heck did he get here?"

Next 5 turns:

Primordial Glyph
Primordial Glyph
Primordial Glyph
Kabal Courier
Kabal Courier

"Oh.."

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The pack changes was the motivation i needed to actually save gold for the first time. I'm up to almost 4000 now. Never had over 1000 before. Also have the exp preordered. Ready to open some packs already.

Owzers

Should I craft taunt warrior quest legendary/second fishes/second drake now or wait to see what the new cards are? Right now the only deck I like is burn mate but I see so many mages/priests I think taunt warrior would do well.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Should I craft taunt warrior quest legendary/second fishes/second drake now or wait to see what the new cards are? Right now the only deck I like is burn mate but I see so many mages/priests I think taunt warrior would do well.

Second Drake is really safe but I'd wait on the others.

scarlet

Wait. Unless you play a lot and have extra dust to craft current meta.

Pooya

just watch how justsayan's jade druid came back out of that insane paladin curve, I thought jade druid is supposed to be weak to aggro... quest rogue 100 percent lost to all of these things and still got nerfed yet jade druid stays untouched for 8 months now.

Dahbomb

We'll see what they plan to change balance wise before the big tournament at Blizzcon. That's usually when they do a balance change.

I think this time we are going to have a very small one. There is hardly any complaints about meta/specific cards this time around compared to before. There's no boogeyman Tunnel Trogg, Rockbiter, Tuskar Totemic, Execute etc. Patches and Jade Idol were too strong before but seems like Blizzard is fine with those cards just rotating out when the time comes for them.

I personally think Primordial Glyph has to be at the top of the list.

TankUP

just watch how justsayan's jade druid came back out of that insane paladin curve, I thought jade druid is supposed to be weak to aggro... quest rogue 100 percent lost to all of these things and still got nerfed yet jade druid stays untouched for 8 months now.

Justsaiyan drew the nuts. He had ramped up his jades to 5/5s by turn 4. Chakki also drew well and even had a chance for lethal on turn 4. Chakki took a safe life with all the trading and that lost him the game imo.

Jade druid isn't ever getting nerfed. It is doing exactly what it is designed to do.

rahji

first game in arena with a really bad mage deck and I have to play against a paladin with 2 spikeridged steeds. It starts really bad and my motivation gets really low to play any more. Especially since i only have like 4 2drops in my draft. The arena gods didn't gave me more.

first game in arena with a really bad mage deck and I have to play against a paladin with 2 spikeridged steeds. It starts really bad and my motivation gets really low to play any more. Especially since i only have like 4 2drops in my draft. The arena gods didn't gave me more.

4x 2 drops is good enough.

Blizzard

Banned
Is anyone a rank 5 or higher secret mage player? Could you please glance at these three games and tell me if I misplayed something badly? I played them all in a row.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/adHEKeFdoHbxxTEJtCFzeJ
https://hsreplay.net/replay/y76UsggM3zJUVxD7ssQKR4
https://hsreplay.net/replay/x8PgehG77DdUdiAeDh2gBe

I'm using the standard deck and it's supposed to be top tier, so I'm disappointed I'm not getting easy wins with it. :( I'm using this guide for deck contents and mulligans: https://disguisedtoast.com/meta_decks/78-secrets-mage

Maybe it's just bad luck, and yet this sort of thing seems to happen consistently.

We'll see what they plan to change balance wise before the big tournament at Blizzcon. That's usually when they do a balance change.

I think this time we are going to have a very small one. There is hardly any complaints about meta/specific cards this time around compared to before. There's no boogeyman Tunnel Trogg, Rockbiter, Tuskar Totemic, Execute etc. Patches and Jade Idol were too strong before but seems like Blizzard is fine with those cards just rotating out when the time comes for them.

I personally think Primordial Glyph has to be at the top of the list.
If primordial glyph couldn't discover primordial glyph, I'd be so much more ok with it.

Top Bottom