• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

jamsy

Use Bittrex myself and feel that it is pretty safe. Just make a solid password and set up 2fa.

I've got most of my holdings on Bittrex (since early July), but the value is getting to the point where I probably should move it to a wallet. But first I need to get over my fear that I'll screw something up and lose my coins during the transfer.

So to actually start using Bittrex, I need to deposit some BTC in first - which means I need to use another place to buy them in the first place (like Coinbase) and then transfer them over using the QR code? Did I get that right?

PolishQ

So to actually start using Bittrex, I need to deposit some BTC in first - which means I need to use another place to buy them in the first place (like Coinbase) and then transfer them over using the QR code? Did I get that right?

I haven't personally used the QR code feature but you've got the basics right. First step is buying some BTC on Coinbase. Create a Bittrex account, then go to the Wallets page and click the blue plus next to Bitcoin. That will generate a Bitcoin address for you (basically your wallet at Bittrex) which you can send your Coinbase BTC to.

Brohan

ARK on the move again. Might change some of my IOTA for some more ARK during the next dip.

Edit: seems like it's going to try the 0.00048000 barrier again.

Nice surprise. Just found out I can sell my GAS for BTC on binance. Turns out I had a few GAS waiting to be claimed. NEO keeps on giving!

I'll probably put it all in BNB.

That sounds crazy. Would like to get in on a piece of that action.

And you are thinking 10$ by the end of the year?? How high do you think it'll go then?

Get in before the 24th. It's when the coins will be used to pay transaction fees on binance exchange. It's gonna pump until then, maybe drop on the 24th but I expect it to recover quickly.

You probably won't get it at this price ever again. All depends on the size of binance exchange. It started this summer and is already gaining major notice.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/31/b...xperiences-rapid-growth-rate-targeting-china/

It'll only grow from here. From 10$ onwards I really can't say. It'll be just a random number some guy shot on some internet forum. I can only say I believe it'll be more than 10$ eventually.

Brohan

Get in before the 24th. It's when the coins will be used to pay transaction fees on binance exchange. It's gonna pump until then, maybe drop on the 24th but I expect it to recover quickly.

You probably won't get it at this price ever again.

How long does verification take on binance? Will i even make it in time??

Cipherr

You probably won't get it at this price ever again. All depends on the size of binance exchange. It started this summer and is already gaining major notice.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/31/b...xperiences-rapid-growth-rate-targeting-china/

It'll only grow from here. From 10$ onwards I really can't say. It'll be just a random number some guy shot on some internet forum. I can only say I believe it'll be more than 10$ eventually.

Is Binance the only way to buy it currently? Or is there like an ICO or something I should do instead?

Is Binance the only way to buy it currently? Or is there like an ICO or something I should do instead?

You can get it at EtherDelta but I would recommend using Binance instead. It's like 1 min to register. Only on Binance exchange can you use BNB for the discounted transaction fees and ICO's. No real reason to have BNB gaining dust on any other exchange.

Cipherr

You can get it at EtherDelta but I would recommend using Binance instead. It's like 1 min to register. Only on Binance exchange can you use BNB for the discounted transaction fees and ICO's. No real reason to have BNB gaining dust on any other exchange.

Ok one last question. How to get money on Binance. I have my account. I assume I just xfer some of my Ark from my offline Ark wallet to my Bittrex Ark wallet. Then trade the Ark for BTC, then use Bittrex to send the BTC to the BTC receive address on Binance right?

Then from there Ill be able to trade the BTC on Binance for BNB?

Sorry for the multipart questions. Still new at this.

Ok one last question. How to get money on Binance. I have my account. I assume I just xfer some of my Ark from my offline Ark wallet to my Bittrex Ark wallet. Then trade the Ark for BTC, then use Bittrex to send the BTC to the BTC receive address on Binance right?

Then from there Ill be able to trade the BTC on Binance for BNB?

Sorry for the multipart questions. Still new at this.

Yes, it's just like you said.

1. Transfer Ark from wallet to Bittrex.
2. Sell Ark on Bittrex for BTC.
3. Send BTC from Bittrex to Binance exchange.
4. Use BTC on Binance to buy BNB.

Hope I was clear enough.

jamsy

So I'm trying to buy BTC from Coinbase using my credit card but Coinbase keeps canceling my orders.

Any idea why? I've already verified my identity using my driver's license. I also bought a small amount via my bank but it's going to take like a week to actually get them.... Should I call my bank and see if they're canceling these orders?

Cipherr

So I'm trying to buy BTC from Coinbase using my credit card but Coinbase keeps canceling my orders.

Any idea why? I've already verified my identity using my driver's license. I also bought a small amount via my bank but it's going to take like a week to actually get them.... Should I call my bank and see if they're canceling these orders?

Yep, that's what happened to me on all 3 of my first orders. I checked my online banking and... nothing. No pending transaction. Then my phone would ring and it would be my banks fraud protection robo caller asking me to enter last 4 of ssn and verifying the purchases.

It would then bring on a customer rep who would unblock my card and let me purchase without it blocking. But I had to do that on ALL THREE purchases for some reason. I asked them if they could whitelist my card for Coinbase; but they claim they can't. So I would have to go through that every purchase.

Not looking forward to that.

mug

Looks like I missed the Ark boat, is now still a good time to buy? I invested more heavily into Ripple which I think is more of a long term option.

Sulik2

I grabbed some BNB, the concept of that coin sounds really cool. Seems like there is no way it won't go up in value as long as Binance stays in business.

Once ARK starts its smart contracts with ETH is should have a nice balloon. I don't think its too late to get on board.

Cipherr

Looks like I missed the Ark boat, is now still a good time to buy? I invested more heavily into Ripple which I think is more of a long term option.

Ark is going to be my long term coin unless something else churns out. I love the delegate system that can be used to earn more ark over time without having to mine.

I only cashed out my Ark because Im working with a paltry $100 bottlenecked by coinbases limits and I wanted to try BNB. If BNB sees some gains after 1 month from now I plan to cash it in after a pump and put it right back into Ark.

That a lot of info you didn't ask for just to say: No, I don't believe its to late for Ark. Its the best coin I have researched IMO for a long term bet so far.

hwateber

Alright re-balanced a little bit of my portfolio to include some binance. Moved some bitcoin over to the exchange. Was looking to buy around 100 but the price keeps steadily rising...

DonMigs85

I don't have much extra dough so I'm only gonna buy 100 BNB for now. Is right now a good time or should I wait for it to go down more? Around $2.40 now

Vardhan

Do you need your Binance account verified before you can send BTC to it? How long does it take for the transaction to hit? I used Jaxx to transfer some from the wallet to Binance.

Never mind, I see some activity in the Deposits History section.

In todays episode of Adventures in Trading we present the guy who, when the price hit 290 eur, put a stop loss order to sell his ETH at 276 eur and then left to play videogames for a couple of hours, only to come back and see that huge dip had caused the price to temporarily drop down enough to trigger that order. Then the price went up to 287 before starting to go down again.

This was followed by the same guy looking at buy walls at GDAX and deciding to put a buy order at 265 and then go to sleep, only to find this morning that the price went as down as 250.

CCS

Banned
I think I might hold my ARK for the next day or two, see if it gets a big boost from today, and then maybe sell half of it and move that into BNB.

Brohan

I"m hoping that my IOTA rises a bit today so i can sell some of it for a good price and then put half of that in more ARK and the other half in BNB.

Not touching my ARK at the moment though. Really feels like it's going places.

Donos

Overslept my planned dump of dnt before it hits binance. Well missed that and 130€ profit melted to 30€. And i seriously hope newcomers don't start with Etherdelta as exchange. Would instantly give up as newcomer to crypto on this horrible site. Only pro is that it doesn't need login or verification.

Not sweatting the reds. Really enjoying Crypto as hobby atm.

Brohan

it has a hard time breaking 0,00048. but the overall trend looks really good. maybe later today.
if bitcoins stops its shenanigans...

Yeah it's tried a few times now but i feel certain it will get past.

Also what is bitcoin doing? I understand that it needed a correction because it rose too fast but it's been around 4k for days.

Sony

Nintendo
How long does it usually take to transfer BTC from Bittrex to Binance? It's been 20 minutes, my withdrawal is processed on Bittrex but isn't deposited to Binance yet. I'm starting to get worries (newb here).

Donos

BTC transfer/comfirmation times are rather high. Therefor a lot of ppl change the money into ETH > transfer it to other exchange and then change ETH into BTC to buy the other coins.

My fiat to coin path is usually: coinbase > € to ETH > ETH to Bittrex wallet> sell ETH into BTC > buy altcoin with BTC.

Sony

Nintendo
BTC transfer/comfirmation times are rather high. Therefor a lot of ppl change the money into ETH > transfer it to other exchange and then change ETH into BTC to buy the other coins.

My fiat to coin path is usually: coinbase > € to ETH > ETH to Bittrex wallet> sell ETH into BTC > buy altcoin with BTC.

Wat would be concidered as high? Hours?

Edit: Got it :)

pieface

So... ARK announced it will be developing ArkVM (ARK Smartcontracts) and will be added to the roadmap next week. Will be interested to see how this interacts with ACES.

Also the Fintec conference is today, can stream here;

https://livestream.com/shinestream/ftw17

No idea what's going to be spoken about so it should be interesting.

Danielsan

Picked up some more BTC when the Bitcoin was down this morning, but the deposit is taking for fucking ever... 5 hours and counting.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
How much is it now? i am away from my computer and I have 1/3 of my investment on it. Its less than 100 euros though lol. Its the only currency that is below the price I paid currently.

Hovering around 0.00005

Why is my feeling telling me that NEO will soon go on the rise

Brandson

In todays episode of Adventures in Trading we present the guy who, when the price hit 290 eur, put a stop loss order to sell his ETH at 276 eur and then left to play videogames for a couple of hours, only to come back and see that huge dip had caused the price to temporarily drop down enough to trigger that order. Then the price went up to 287 before starting to go down again.

This was followed by the same guy looking at buy walls at GDAX and deciding to put a buy order at 265 and then go to sleep, only to find this morning that the price went as down as 250.

Sorry that the ETH retracement was so illogical this time. It was quite odd that people were willing to sell below $300 after that run, let alone $320. I had considered selling around $338-341 after failing to reach up to $350 the second time but wasn't able to monitor it closely at that time, so I just held. At least the sell walls aren't as big now. A small victory.

Donos

The Authorship (ATS) ICO is offering 75 ATS tokens for free just for signing up for their email newsletter: http://bounty.authorship.com/ref/h8115336

Supposedly that's about a $10 value. You can have them sent to MyEtherWallet or a similar ERC20 wallet.

Top "promoter" of the Authorship Token Bounty hunt has 142 referrals and got 10.725 ATS coins for free. Congrats Reid Voillet you busy bastard :)

A bold sentence out of the Mail which is going to make Mr. Voillet happy:
While we can only speculate the future value of the ATS tokens, a 500%-1000% increase in value is usually a common among successful ICOs.

PolishQ

Top "promoter" of the Authorship Token Bounty hunt has 142 referrals and got 10.725 ATS coins for free. Congrats Reid Voillet you busy bastard :)

A bold sentence out of the Mail which is going to make Mr. Voillet happy:

I got 1125 thanks to all you fine people!

Cipherr

ERC
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Oh man, putting money in and out of that is hilariously fun. The gains...

Top Bottom