• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV |OT2| For Jared!

Blobbers

With Final Fantasy XVI Square should go back to having a TCG as the primary mini-game. I think I've played Triple Triad more than all the mini-games FF XV combined. Justice Monsters was fun, but I felt no incentive to go back after getting 99 chests.

awwww maan :C

I really wanted to go there, too.

yeah, so many little disappointments like that

Ferr986

With Final Fantasy XVI Square should go back to having a TCG as the primary mini-game. I think I've played Triple Triad more than all the mini-games FF XV combined. Justice Monsters was fun, but I felt no incentive to go back after getting 99 chests.

yeah, so many little disappointments like that

Atleast it has the best fishing minigame in the series.

KyleCross

Just got the Regalia F-Type and wow, this thing is ass. It controls terribly, it takes control completely away in random spots, and landing is nerve-wrecking because if you fuck up it's instant game over. Am I doing something wrong here?

Philippo

There are so many little areas i would have loved to explore that i hope will get added later on: the power plant(and i mean more than a stupid cirular area), a bit of
Tenebrae
World of Ruin
Lestallum and that crazy looking area near Galdin Quay.

Lightning

Banned
Man, I am a bad leveler. Chapter 8, 45 hours in, and I'm only level 35 lol. I guess I like camping a little too much.
Your level is fine. You can gain levels extremely fast when the time comes to need or want them. I would honestly rather face the storyline bosses for the first time when they are even a challenge than be 30÷ levels above where one should be making them a joke lessening the experience.

You can go from level 35 to 99 real fast when you need to. Why bother spending unnecessary time doing it? I was at level 45 facing the final boss and it was fine.

Where's the best gear I can buy for the party? I saw some good stuff in chapter 14 but I didn't have any money and I don't think you can get back there

Seik

Banned
What's the level to beat Adamantoise?

I know the hunt quest is level 99, but is that the recommended level to beat it as well or it's just there to say ''Brace for impact because you'll spend a lot of time on it.''? o_O

Made it to ch 13. I understand the hate. After the
poison section
I put the controller down for the night. It was only 8pm. I had only played about an hour. But I had enough. I'll pick it back up today. I just want to go back outside and fight shit.

KyleCross

Man, I gotta say, that "cup of noodles" quest was so fucking pathetic.

If this was any other game, I would have stopped playing there.
Yeah, but it was intentionally hammy. The voice actors were directed to talk in a real phoned-in way during it which I thought made it endearing. Can't get how people are this upset about it.

mellow

I know the hunt quest is level 99, but is that the recommended level to beat it as well or it's just there to say ''Brace for impact because you'll spend a lot of time on it.''? o_O

the latter

I was level 65 or so and it took me 55 mins

I did it without really preparing for it at level 80. It took me around 70 minutes. It's not difficult, just really boring. Make sure to have plenty of items and you'll be fine even at level 70 I think.

Grudy

I'm sure this has been answered before but it's bugging the hell out of me. I just finished the battle with T
itan
and I gotta know, how the eff is Noctis able to block those hits just with his own strength? Wtf is happening here?

notaskwid

I'm sure this has been answered before but it's bugging the hell out of me. I just finished the battle with T
itan
and I gotta know, how the eff is Noctis able to block those hits just with his own strength? Wtf is happening here?
Anime son.

Anung

Un Rama

I just did it at level 90 and it took me around 2 hours.

Seriously what a boring fight. They did nothing interesting with the scale of it. It was basically like trying to fight the Empire State Building with a sledgehammer.

itan

Anime.
edit: beaten!

They really need to add a better, less farm-y method of AP gain to this game because constantly summoning and warp striking tiny enemies is just so deadly dull.

Burbeting

Banned
itan

Rule of cool

Pachimari

I'm at Chapter 11 now.

Things I don't like are
Luna's death, Ignis' sudden blindness and Gladio's anger toward Noctis.

dawgparty

I feel like I'm missing something with the combat in this game and it's bumming me out. I have tried both wait and active modes and I kind of just feel like I'm flailing around holding down the circle button most of the time. There are usually like 5 enemies at one time and I have no idea how I am supposed to dodge attacks from all of them. I also don't really know what the point of holding different directions during combos is(as in what is the damage difference/etc.). And short of flat damage and resistances I don't know which weapons I should be using.

Has anyone else sort of experienced this? Is there a way to remedy it?

Gbraga

I can't believe this reach OT 2 before Pokémon Sun and Moon.

Aren't people enjoying it? I don't really follow Pokémon.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

See, things like this are why I absolutely can't agree with people saying "I wish they just completely cancelled Versus and made XV its own thing".

The concept behind Noctis' abilities and real time combat using them is so good. It would be a shame for it to never be realized.

silva1991

Jesus, Adamantoise is more boring than I thought it would be. the thing can't even touch me. It's just a very long fight.

He doesn't even have any interesting attacks to make the fight looks epic or at least interesting.

Top Bottom