• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT6| We Only Build in Black. And Sometimes Very Dark Grey.

I'm not "meh" on the V, just not in a hurry to grab it, but I have been ruthlessly picky in what I buy lately. I passed on the yellow sub, even though I like the beatles, passed on the cateram. Passed on a fair chunk of the lego batman movie sets
I am getting more ruthless in my purchases too. Lack of space and trying to save money.

Ponn

Banned
I want the Creator Carousel but it would go straight into the backlog pile and sit there for awhile so I can wait. Since i'm on more of a limited income I think i'm going to skip any purchase next month (that free piggy bank is meh) and save money for August/Sept. I want Fishing Shop bad, plans for my Halloween setup which is basically actually doing my idea from last year but actually finishing it and having better stuff to work with like the Silent Mary and Fishing shop. I also really want that Ninjago City set so going to see if I can scrape enough together to get that in Aug (if its the VIP early access) and Fishing Shop on Sept.1st. Then I will be done till the annual Winter set is revealed/comes out. Calling it quits on Star Wars and thankfully the Justice League sets do absolutely nothing for me.

I think I may have my addiction under control! *nervous laugh*

ThisOne

Anybody have any interest in 4996, 5891 or 6754? I was able to get them for cheaper than Amazon but am kinda needing cash right now. They are all brand new and sealed.

Just PM me if you're interested or want to make an offer. Here's what I'm looking to get for them (includes shipping).

4996 (Beach House) - $110
5891 (Apple Tree House) - $80
6754 (Family Home) - $130
51Ev8GhXGKL.jpg

81N4lek1yvL._SL1500_.jpg

71zPHnDbZmL._SL1307_.jpg

Interview with Austin Carlson and Marcos Bessa, the lead designers of BrickHeadz

Had no idea Bessa was involved so heavily with these. I have only built two so far, but like what I have done so far. Not loved so much that I need all of them, but a very satisfied experience. I still feel that Bessa's strength is in the micro builds like what populated Simpson's House and Ghostbusters' HQ. Of course, his SNOT work and detailing in Ewok Village was damn good.

It is funny to see how his favorite LEGO element is (from what I remember) the same as Jaime Berard, which is the jumper plate. They are fun elements to start slightly mixing things up with half stud builds here and there.

_Rob_

Woah, I just realised amongst the various Lego references throughout the Ninjago City set is one from Lego Racers (Rocket Racer's logo)!

cEi0k9h.png

Certainly gets me all nostalgic!

Osahi

I'm on the fence with that Ninjago city, I can't decide if it's a beautiful mess or just a mess

It's messiness is what I like about this set. It really looks like an organic piece of a, overcrowded city, where different people built different things next and on top of each other. There is so much to look at and to discover. I love 'clean' buildings like some of the modulars too, but it is cool to get something similar but in the same time so different...

I'm trying to cut down on purchases too, as space is running out. I went a bit overboard with TLBM. I don't really regret it because I liked the theme, but I feel like a lot of those sets will be the first to go now that I'm running out of space. I'm also planning on cutting back a bit on Star Wars.

I allready decided not to get the Carousel, though I was primed to buy it just a few weeks back, just to save money and space for the Old Fishing Store.

ghostmind

Guess that means Ninjago movie is the new CMF Series?

That it is.

Looking forward to the reveals over the next day.

EDIT: and very smart move by LEGO - reveal a giant set that is a great showcase for displaying minifigs, and then the next day reveal the CMFs to add to that set.

Ninjago City is the Ninjago equivalent of the Death Star

ghostmind

Here is the first half (all 10) of the Ninjago movie CMF
https://imgur.com/a/crhGy
List: Volcano Garmadon, Master Wu, Spinjitzu Training Nya, Lloyd Garmadon, Jay Walker, Misako, Shark Army Great White, Shark Army General #1, Gong & Guitar Rocker, Sushi Chef

(or directly on Lego FB https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLEGONinjago/posts/1497062543648302 )

Bonus: Ice tank gallery http://imgur.com/a/LPlqT

Thanks!

CMFs look hit & miss. As often the case it is going to come down to unique accessories.

Ice Tank looks cool - like the asymmetrical look.

If the Ice Tank was in black it could be MOCed pretty easily into a Mass Effect Reaper, the top part of it looks very similar to a Reaper, IMO.

Hey gang,

Here are some pictures showing the different batmobiles if anyone was curious. It's the tumbler from the Nolan trilogy and then the regular batmobile and ultimate batmobile from Lego Batman movie!

V4RF7F0l.jpg

A1AX0dJl.jpg

dLcUJayl.jpg

43BnidRl.jpg

Osahi

Selfie stick twerp is going to be horribly murdered in my city, that's for sure. Lots of other cool figures there so, so (sigh) I guess I'll grab a whole bunch of them.

Also, I received the missing parts so my 50% Bricklinked Blue Power Jet has been completed. It started fairly simple but there's some cool stuff here for sure, but obviously targeted to a lower age range. The end result is a really cool-looking plane (which looks VERY much like Thundercracker), with a lot of neat functions. Quite happy I finally tracked it down. Also, since I Bricklinked it with some existing parts, I could spend the rest of the cost towards overpriced figures, yay! So now I have a Aayla Secura and a David Hasselhoff. Him and Mr T are piloting the jet now because obviously.

Ravek

Banned
Has anyone seen a super creative way to display their minifigs? I really want to show off all the Marvel minifigs but the "staircase" design to me is boring.

Koren

Saturn V bought, and after seeing the Carrousel in real life, I'm really impressed, too...

This year is a nightmare...

My backlog is obscene, so I have been trying to avoid this thread. However, something gets announced and I am here, plotting a purchase. But I will have to wait for double VIP for Ninjago City, Old Fishing Shop will take priority.

valkyre

I have no damn clue what to do with lack of space for displaying Lego...I want to buy shit and I dont have the space to put them... and I am here asking myself what is the point of buying them just to build them and then store them in some storage box or something even my cat cant have access to... I even want to do a new Scarif MOC (already posted here my Maz Kanata's Castle and Mos Eisley MOCs) but lack of space hurts like a kick in the nuts...

It has become from simple hobby nuisance to a serious 1st world problem...

I have no damn clue what to do with lack of space for displaying Lego...I want to buy shit and I dont have the space to put them... and I am here asking myself what is the point of buying them just to build them and then store them in some storage box or something even my cat cant have access to... I even want to do a new Scarif MOC (already posted here my Maz Kanata's Castle and Mos Eisley MOCs) but lack of space hurts like a kick in the nuts...

It has become from simple hobby nuisance to a serious 1st world problem...

Yes. Lack of space sucks, the problem is that even if you have quite a bit of space (which i DO have somewhat actually) it is ALL filled up incredibly soon. I blame TLG for this though since they are absolutely OUT OF CONTROL right now and have been releasing non stop fucking amazing huge sets all the damn time.

I mean, it truly is the golden age of Lego that we are living in, problem is no one can realistically get all these sets AND display them unless you dedicate an entire house plus garage to ONLY your collection and even then you WILL run out of space sooner or later :(

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Yes. Lack of space sucks, the problem is that even if you have quite a bit of space (which i DO have somewhat actually) it is ALL filled up incredibly soon. I blame TLG for this though since they are absolutely OUT OF CONTROL right now and have been releasing non stop fucking amazing huge sets all the damn time.

I mean, it truly is the golden age of Lego that we are living in, problem is no one can realistically get all these sets AND display them unless you dedicate an entire house plus garage to ONLY your collection and even then you WILL run out of space sooner or later :(
I was all set on buying the upcoming Ninjago Destiny's Bounty but now they've only gone and revealed the Ninjago City as well. I've realistically only got display room for one of them :/

DBT85

Somehow I didn't know that Palace Cinema was "only" £120. Its tempting but I think I'd still rather get the things I really want before trying to get a modular just because.

willp2003

For those in the EU/UK who were wondering about double VIP points in July. Hothbricks are reporting it is available from 1st -4th July.

Not sure I actually need/want anything!
Maybe I'll finally pickup the Beetle/2CV.

DonShula

Somehow I didn't know that Palace Cinema was "only" £120. Its tempting but I think I'd still rather get the things I really want before trying to get a modular just because.

I buy pretty much only Star Wars sets and I don't regret Palace Cinema for a second.

papluh

Something tells me this year there will be some hard choices to be made :(
And this is not yet listing the BB8 and the rumored UCS MF.
As well no sub-100 sets and none of my favorite Technic line ...
Code:
Number	Name			USPrice	EUPrice
10255	Assembly Square		279,99	239,99
10257	Carousel		199,99	179,99
21309	NASA Apollo Saturn V	119,99	119,99
21310	Old Fishing Store	149,99	149,99
70618	Destiny's Bounty	159,99	169,99
70620	NINJAGO City		299,99	299,99
75144	Snowspeeder		199,99	199,99

sum				1409,93	1359,93

Top Bottom