• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- First Gameplay Trailer!

Swag

Don't think many people are gonna be able to access that link for a while, until the server traffic dies down a bit

Goddamn.

Trailer of the year

Edit: Water at 1:25 is a bit of an eyesore.

The atmosphere of the village at 1:28 and of the place where you see an assassination at 1:32 - Speechless.

Fjordson

AgentOtaku said:
.....When the music kicked in....

HUUUUGE FUCKING GRIN ACROSS MY FACE!!!

(^________^)
Totally. At about 1:10 it starts to get amazing. All those environment shots that start about then look gorgeous.

Zeliard

Oh god it actually looks glorious. It really does.

And I can't overstate how much I adore Jeremy Soule. I truly love that man. What a fantastic theme - the male choir is simply majestic.

The art is gorgeous as well. Loved that scene where the main character is imbued by dragon power.

DRAGON BORN!

Hype.

1f9ni.gif

Raide

You will need a truly monster PC to get it looking that good. Wallets and purses scream out in anguish.

Fjordson said:
Totally. At about 1:10 it starts to get amazing. All those those environment shots that start about then look gorgeous.

honestly felt giddy like a school child

I mean, shit I've been with this franchise for so long that whenever I hear that main theme ....just ....damn

Deadly

Holy shit game looks amazing. The theme was much more reminiscent of the Morrowind one too. Lame the dragon went down in one slash though =P

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Simply wow! ......... Why must I wait till november!??? Love the music and the vive of the game shown.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great trailer. I've never been particularly interested in the Elder Scrolls series, but I find myself drawn to this entry.
It's the dragons.

It's going to look glorious when cranked on the PC.

Acheteedo

Looks nice, particularly the mist on the mountain at the end... wanted to see that arrow fly into the wolf though, why did they cut away just before!?

abunai

I am really impressed with this trailer. Before I didn't know what to think of Skyrim but I will be watching it from now on. Great music.

Zaptruder

Banned
I hope those dramatic third person angles are an indication that they've been working on third person view, and not just some cinematic gimmickry.

It's strange to harp on it... but I'd like to see the strafing animation. Probably the worst part about Oblivion as far as graphics go. That is to say, there was no strafing animation.

They should look to WoW for good third person animation. It's a pretty dated system, but it still works very well.

Top Bottom