• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOA X2 (X360) Famitsu scans

Woohoo! Something I liked about the first game was how there was so much care put into the details. The dev team clearly had fun making it. It sounds like this one is the same way, with the tweaks and goodies they're putting in. If this is good enough, I won't even have to worry about DOAX's BC status. :D

duckroll

3. There are so many new elements for fans to enjoy that Itagaki's worried they might not be able to present them all before the game's release date.

Awesome. :D

5. There are parts of the island which only appear special gravure scenes which only come out when certian conditions are met. They're not particularly "hidden", though - you should be able to find them just by playing normally.

Awesome, extra locations and unique locations are always fun!

6. This time there are three different hotels to choose from: Seabreeze Cottage, Gemstone Suite and Moonlight Reef. Seabreeze cottage is a "floatting cottage." Helena's pictures were taken there. Moonlight Reef is kinda "girl-ish." The hotel you choose somehow has an effect on the feel of the game. It plays into your "strategy" (again, he's being deliberately vague).

Interesting, that should make replays much more interesting. I wonder if we'll be able to decorate our rooms this time. :)

10. He's currently working on each girls comment for each accesory. All accesories have a default description, but the girls will also give their own two cents on them.

Yay! I love flavor text variations, and it seems Itagaki does too!

11. He believes the camera system will offer the player the most freedom ever. He's taking inspiration from Halo to provide a "FPC" (First Person Camera).

I wonder if we can take photos and share/exchange them online via a personal album in Live, that would be pretty neat I think.

They've already done the Japanese voice recording and are currently doing the English voice recordings. He thinks the voices will fit: the voice actress who will do the voice of Tina is (allegedly) an actual Texan, for instance. The Japanse version will *also* include the English language recordings (no word on whether or not the Overseas version will also include Japanese voice-overs, but I'd say it's a given).

I'm happy to hear that there will be English voices available this time. Assuming they're good, I'd rather hear them speaking in English. This game is sounding like alarge improvement over the original in every way. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Mrbob

dak1dsk1 said:
doax was the reason I got the xbox. I won't be tricked into another MS product again.

I don't normally do this but for this occassion....

GTFO. You bought Xbox just for DoAX?

Aaron said:
I still want DOA Xtreme Bowling with the guys in over a hundred different bowling shirts and rented shoes, and manly gifts like a sucker punch to the gut, and drinking contests mini-games, and unbeatable 'boss' bowler named Jesus... Seriously. With multiplayer.
Yes.

Mr Jared

And while DOAX Bowling sounds great, I'd rather have DOAX Softball or something. So much more to accessorize. You could buy cute little belts and those sock-things that go over the socks.

And shin guards!

Hot.

The only reason the girls have tan lines is because the Xbox360 is too weak to render pubic hair. I can't wait for the carpet munching mini game in the PS3 version.

Mr Jared

You people do realize that those jokes got old about 3 years ago, right?

We get it. The game has half-naked video game girls. Every single joke concerning this has already been made.

8. It's official: Kasumi's knockers have grown in size. Seeing as how it's the tenth anniversary of DOA, Itagaki decided to redesign Kasumi and Ayane's physiques so as to return to the series' roots. Still pictures only convey about 3% of their current "charms", though (I believe he's referring to the fact that you can't see them, er, "wiggle" in still pictures).

Ok... I don't know what is worse, that I think I actually noticed this change before reading this, or that I am now really curious to see comparison pics.

Anyone have a side by side comparison?

PolyGone said:
That is so distracting and unsettling. I hate how their breasts move now. Have the guys at Team Ninja ever seen well-endowed women move before? There are videos all over the internet. I'm fine with them jiggling like water but the indipendant boob physics is wrong and it's gotta go.

:(

Top Bottom